Thailand is the most searched-for destination on Agoda

webfact

I have often tried to book a room with Agoda , but every time I find a suitable room , theres only two rooms left at that price and I only have five minutes to book as four other people are also looking at the room and there's been 11 enquiries that day , so I usually miss out on the rooms due to its popularity 

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

3 years ago they had the best "search engine" in the world.

Now the so called best compuer programmers have come along with massive salaries & stuffed it all up. Now if you want to book a place in a certain street or location they refuse to even show you

the alternatives on the map. (not even the hotel next door.)

Retrograde step Agoda, you get the commission whichever one I choose.

Stop listening to the guys who are trying to justify their salaries.

Booking.com still show us what is available

Can anyone tell me if the Check Inn near to Phrompong BTS and round the corner from the Tops supermarket is open?

On 3/30/2022 at 10:43 AM, webfact said:

According to the booking giant, Thailand saw nearly a 500 per cent increase in the number of searches-for since the beginning of the year with many looking to travel to the country between March and September.

In further news, 99% left the site as soon as they got to the page explaining the requirements to enter the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 11:18 PM, Joe Farang said:

I booked a hotel "Once" with Agoda. I think it was The Sunshine Hotel in Soi 7 Pattaya, 15+ years ago.

When I checked in I found out that Agoda didn't include Taxes etc in their quote and I had to pay extra at the desk. Not sure if they still operate this way, but I will never ever use them again or even search on their site.

Yes, they still operate this way. 

Under the price, though, there's often an info link you can open that shows what the taxes and fees come to. Also, when you book your room, it'll show the correct plus-tax total. 

My wife and I have a small hotel 15km north of Kanchanaburi City, in Ban Lat Ya. The only place we intentionally advertise is Booking.Com. But because Booking.Com owns Agoda, they also---without our consent--- have listed our hotel on the Agoda website!

This creates two frustrations for us:

First, they show the price without the included taxes, making them (falsely) look cheaper than Booking.Com, which DOES include taxes in the price. We don't particularly appreciate this intentionally deceptive practice.

(Thus a "Standard Room" correctly shows b590 on Booking.Com, but appears to only be b551 on Agoda [because the taxes are "hidden!"]) This has presented a few problems, over time. I've always felt obligated to give the guest the "lower price," even though the deception was Agoda's, not ours! 

Second, to "secure your reservation price" on Agoda, you must give them your credit card. (We've specifically instructed Booking.Com NOT to require this! We are strictly an on-site cash or bank-transfer business! ) But Agoda does this anyway.

The result is, virtually everyone who books through Agoda THINKS they've already paid......... leaving us having to explain.......... again and again......,. that we take payment at the hotel, only. That we literally have no way to take any money from Agoda!

Half the time......... and maybe more......... it leaves these guests believing/fearing that we've cheated them, somehow! 

Sadly. it appears we have no control over these things! We've given our correct info/instructions to Booking.Com, and they've given it to their "partner" Agoda, and Agoda changes it however they want! 

The end result is I have no love for Agoda, even though we probably get half our online bookings through them. - - - 50% of the bookings, but 95% of the problems! 

And now for the shameless plug:

it's Diamond Resort, Kanchanaburi. King bed or two twins, b590/night, with air, flat screen TV, fridge. fan, wardrobe, hot water shower, free coffee for our daily guests. - - - - - b5,500/month, which effectively means paying for 9 1/2 nights and getting 20 nights for free! (Except with monthly, electric is separate, but completely within your control: Run the air indiscriminately, it can get expensive; be discreet, and it can be very reasonable!) 

Lol - - Yes, for better or worse, American English is spoke here! - - Lol

• Like 1