Insect Bite Cream/Ointment

Chris.B

What is the best cream/ointment to treat insect bites? At a reasonable price!

Presently, I use Calamine lotion selling for about 30/35 baht for 60ml bottle. Works fast on Mosquito bites but some other insect bites it doesn't seem to have much effect.

13 hours ago, Crossy said:

Madam swears by Tiger Balm (or one of the similar green, menthol smelling ointments) for insect bites, joint pain, nasal congestion and pretty much any other minor ailment, I swear she'd use it on a broken leg given a chance :whistling:

It does work very well on bites and certainly soothes my old joints when they start creaking.

I've been a fan of Tiger Balm since my Singapore days back in the 70s. I came a cropper on my shoulder a few weeks ago. Sore as hell and as stiff as a bamboo pole. But with a bit of gentle exercise and plenty of Tiger Balm rubs, it's almost back to normal now.

It seems to be a panacea for almost anything.

31 minutes ago, msbkk said:

I suggest Systral cream, excellent for itching and swelling. This is an antihistaminic cream, I always keep it at home.

Yes, I use to use Systral cream but since Covid I have found it difficult to purchase.

46 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Yes, I use to use Systral cream but since Covid I have found it difficult to purchase.

Yes, I had to ask at several pharmacies to find it. Anyway it is still available and I always buy more to keep it in stock at home.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 6:39 AM, Crossy said:

Madam swears by Tiger Balm (or one of the similar green, menthol smelling ointments) for insect bites, joint pain, nasal congestion and pretty much any other minor ailment, I swear she'd use it on a broken leg given a chance :whistling:

It does work very well on bites and certainly soothes my old joints when they start creaking.

Yes, green drops work well for me too.
Can also put a drop on your mask to refresh breathing,

11 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Yes, green drops work well for me too.
Can also put a drop on your mask to refresh breathing,

So it really is most efficacious in every case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 6:39 AM, Crossy said:

Tiger balm for me as well for most things. For itchy rashes & mozzie bites, Snake Brand prickly heat talc powder works well for me. You can get it at 7-11.

download.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Snake Brand prickly heat talc powder works well for me. You can get it at 7-11.

Ah yes, for the dreaded crotch-rot, I do find it to be a little, er, stimulating, when it is applied to those "sensitive" areas :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1