Raw sewage going into the sea in Prachuab, complains tourist

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported that a tourist had complained about untreated sewage flowing from a public pipe into the sea at a beach in Muang district Prachuap Khirikhan.

Environmentalists insisted it was an old 30 year case. 

But complainants insisted that it's still going on today despite a treatment plant being built 20 years ago. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

Environmentalists insisted it was an old 30 year case.

But complainants insisted that it's still going on today despite a treatment plant being built 20 years ago. 

Looks like not everyone is hooked up to the pipeline that goes to the treatment plant.  There is a lot of military in that area, is there a Thai version of Army Corps of Engineers?

• Haha 2

Curious where that allotted 17 million went.  I live here, and been visiting for over 15 yrs, and not much has changed. IMHO They did build a new canalm over past couple years, and far from 17 million worth, IMHO, for future dumping,IMHO, and or water management to the sea, which bypasses the 'treatment plant', I think, as see no connecting canal to.

If any doubt what is flowing to the surf,  storm water and or 'black water' (septic overflow), then your nose will surely let you know, as quite unmistakable. IMHO  

During low tide, yes, the sand is discolored (darker), and lots of algae growth, since 'rich in nutrients' ???? Not much mistake why, as much different on the N shore, without drains or major development.

It's so bad, I won't walk my dog in that area, surf fronting the town, as don't want her walking in it, or worse, licking her paws afterwards.

Again, my 2 pet peeves about Thailand, dumping / litter, and smog.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

One business on the seafront  told me that  its toilet backs up at high tide and can not be used.  On occasions the sea smells dreadful and a murky discharge pours into the sea or onto the beach if the tide is out.My thai Doctor has warned me not to swim in the pier area . He said the sea in Wing Five is clean. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, john smith said:

One business on the seafront  told me that  its toilet backs up at high tide and can not be used.  On occasions the sea smells dreadful and a murky discharge pours into the sea or onto the beach if the tide is out.My thai Doctor has warned me not to swim in the pier area . He said the sea in Wing Five is clean. 

Keep your ears out of Ao Manao, as last two times there. a couple years ago, I got ear infection.  Left me a bit skeptical of the news-blip about being rated 5 stars / cleanest beaches in Thailand, not sure about bacterial level wise though.  And I am not prone to ear infections.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/beaches-in-prachuap-khiri-khan-the-cleanest-in-thailand/

Edited by KhunLA