Better prices on new Samsung smartphones?

SteezyP

The guy just to the right of the escalator, 1st floor KSK mall, behind a Samsung sign, has genuine product at the right prices with warranty and usually a freebee. I have bought a number of phones and a tablet from him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, clivebaxter said:

Be careful on Lazada etc, more fakes than real ones. order only on lazmall section. The fakes say Samsung but when you check the details it will say no brand

Also they are grey imports and Samsung etc will not honour any warranties.

• Sad 1

Be careful on Lazada etc, more fakes than real ones. order only on lazmall section. The fakes say Samsung but when you check the details it will say no brand

Is this personal experience of buying one or just hearsay ? And your interpretation  of the listing?

• Like 1

…” Empirical experience would dictate. Would not purchase any high end anything off of laszada or shopee outside of Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore. Too risky. My wife doesn’t buy anything off those sites that is shipped outside of Thailand. And for sure would never buy a cellphone off any of those sites, only brick and mortar shop. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:53 PM, JWNZ said:

The guy just to the right of the escalator, 1st floor KSK mall, behind a Samsung sign, has genuine product at the right prices with warranty and usually a freebee. I have bought a number of phones and a tablet from him.

Do you have a current location/phone # for him?

Edited by JimmyJ

Try SIAM TV.    They were offering a 15 percent discounts at the Samsung area.   Ask them the price first and if there is any discount offered.    depends on who you talk to.    If they say no, no discount.    Ask them about what happened to the 15 percent you were offering last month.    They may still honour it.

I bought an A33 and received the discount.

• Thanks 1

How "smart" does it have to be?  I have a Note10 Plus bought new (hard to find), in the US, about 3mo ago for about $400 USD.  I should not need another phone for about 6-7 years if they would keep the updates going.  The thing is a beast!

Good luck hunting!

3 hours ago, jimmym40 said:

Try SIAM TV.    They were offering a 15 percent discounts at the Samsung area.   Ask them the price first and if there is any discount offered.    depends on who you talk to.    If they say no, no discount.    Ask them about what happened to the 15 percent you were offering last month.    They may still honour it.

I bought an A33 and received the discount.

Mind telling me why did you choose A33?

I am trying to upgrade my old phone but the built of the new phones all seem quite flimsy. Nowadays they are made of plastics/glass instead of metal.

All you have to do is input this into your phone keyboard *#0*#. That will verify genuine phone.

Then Google genuine Samsung phone checker:  input imei number.   That will confirm genuine Samsung.

Then register with Samsung products and no problem.

And THAT is personal experience.  Despite those who talk about grey imports and Samsung not honouring Samsung Warranty.