Wheelchair drama: Bangkok governor says election billboard was not blocking the footpath

webfact

Website-Template-1100x6202-4-768x433.jpg

Thai News Thai Caption: Poster not blocking the way

An online drama was playing out on Twitter after it appeared in a video that a man helping another person in a wheelchair needed to go into the road because an election poster-cum-billboard was blocking the way.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Governor General Aswin Kwanmuang sent in his investigators who discovered that the poster in question did not obstruct the footpath, reported Daily News.

The people in the clip were in fact crossing the road at that point. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-05

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Election poster season again? I would say they were eyesores but the streets are an eyesore anyway Mr. Governor cos you don't enforce rules or guidelines. Half the payments on my soi outside rich houses have been made into gardens by those rich bottardoes that own the houses behind them. Whats left are a nightmare to walk on cos they have been bust up and repaired so many times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why did someone decide to start filming this action packed movie?

Probably to try and claim that the poster blocked the pavement and made the person in the wheelchair go out into the road...

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Was it not the hole in the pavement that the billboard was shoved in that was blocking access in other words perfectly normal ????

Looks like a tree sitting in a square of earth.  Maybe there was enough room on the other side of the tree, maybe not, but it had nothing to do with the poster.

• Like 1

Well go to Hatya, Petchkasem Rd. They made a special path for blind people, it is a yellow path with ribbing on it.

Yellow to show the path is for blind  and ribbing to let the blind feel how to walk.

Never saw such thing and was thinking , ah good. Until i saw, how as a blind person you have to walk that road.

If you would do so depending on ribbing, you end up in hospital by taking all obstacles.

I show some examples, but the road is paved with obstacles on the blind path.

I saw once one blind man walking in Hatyai, but he sure wasnt walking there.pic3.jpg.f330599e995957e3a3a053b02f89fa83.jpg 

• Thanks 1