Wearing pajamas in public

I've been living in a house for many years here in Pattaya. 

Pre covid I bought a condo in a resort style (gym, sauna, spa, huge swimming pools etc) project to relax through the day while the kids are at school, I spend most days in the pool, sauna, gym and restaurants then afternoon go home to the kids. 

I have a ground floor unit opposite the swimming pool, occasionally I see Thais walking around in their pajamas, all morning till the late afternoon, mainly females, some wearing very fancy pj's (silk), too bad they're not walking around in their lingerie.

They actually walk out into the street and shop in the 7-Eleven in their pj's. 

What are your thoughts, I know in Australia some mothers are taking their kids to school in their pajamas, not sure about that too. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

With or without underwear?

It's an important point (or should that be points?).

You can't tell. 

They mostly walk around in winter pajamas (thats we call them in Oz) long sleeve and trouser length pants. 

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've noticed it too in Pattaya, usually the girls are braless, the only time they go out without. For some reason i saw many out yesterday, maybe it's in fashion again

It's crazy 

Bloody beautiful young things. 

I love the fashion what ever they wear. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, petermik said:

Showing any form of passion outside is a big no no....peeing at the side of the road is fine....wandering round in your jimmy jams is ok....tis a crazy place here sometimes.

Yeah no bra is fine with pjams, with normal clothes practically a crime

• Like 2

When we lived in a condo in Pattaya (many moons ago) they only person who walked around in her PJ's was the Vietnamese wife of a Foreigner living there.

My guess then was it's custom there (never been to Vietnam)

:whistling:

• Like 1

7-11 in the mornings. Full of Thai mothers in their jammies, getting the children's "breakfast"..

In saying that, the GF bought some last week. When she got home she said, " These are nice. I will wear them to work. No one will know they are pyjama trousers." And she did.

When she came home, I asked if anyone said anything. She replied, "Everyone liked them. Thought they were nice trousers."

Would have stood out like a sore thumb if she had worn the match top as well.

• Haha 2

We see many mothers and children - up to about 16 - wearing PJs at our local markets here in Kanchanaburi - mornings, daytime & night. It is 'accepted' clothing - mainly the squid game or freefire pj sets for the kids , and knock off brand names for the mums

My neighbour in my condo in Pattaya, a 50ish Chinese lady caught me as I came in early one morning and asked me really random questions about the electricity meter and she was smuggling peanuts in her pyjamas. Although they were pointing down to her toes.

I told her I did not know about the meters and called my wife out to talk to her.

She quickly crossed her arms across her chest ????

Edited by ThaIrish Sean

8 hours ago, champers said:

In the UK jimjams and slippers are de rigeur for a trip to the supermarket  -  for some lazy slobs.

I think Vauxhall UK even commissioned a tongue in cheek advert featuring women in such attire for the new Mokka a few years back.................................

I think it originate in China, if you are wearing pajamas in expensive neighborhood that means you can afford to live there and are in walking distance and are only out to grab something.

But the Thais seem to get in their car, drive down to Lotuses or Big C in pajamas 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, malt25 said:

I'm somewhat surprised no one has commented on your lead in to the post. How you own a condo just to lounge all day before returning home. Tad vain me thinks. The jimmy jam issue could have been the topic without the unnecessary intro. Just my opinion.

I guess noone wanted to pick a fight..................................

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been posting here for some time and one thing I've noticed is, if you don't give all the facts some members will ask unnecessary questions, some even rude questions or comments like your comment. 

I was just making a point.

I've been living in my house since arriving in Thailand. I'm isolated living in my house, I've never seen people walking around in their pj's. 

You can't win, you don't give enough information you get annoyed, you give too much information same. 

BTW, you get surprised easily, you need to get out, enjoy life. 

which material do the ladies find more arousing rubbing on their nips.... Satin or Flannel ?

I see this a lot traveling throughout Thailand while staying at Hotels, every morning during Breakfast at the hotels like 4 to 5 star Marriott's. Seems to be very common.

I decided this orning to wear my stylish PJ's outside on a walk to the local Lotus's for some milk this morning, never was looked at one time like I was a crazy white Falang, but hey if I had worn a white egg stained Tank top with shorts and a beer in my hand I would have been stopped, accosted and arrested.....

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Stayed in a few hotels recently and seen this.......pajamas at breakfast......and quite often, during the day, just wearing the hotel's bathrobe in and around the hotel.......something I find very odd.

Hi-So addiction based upon watching to many Lakorns....maybe..

• Haha 1