Apparently, the current cold spell across Thailand is coming from China

webfact

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's a big difference between "negative stuff" and facts such as meteorological peculiarities.

I said like most other negative stuff. So, if you see it as positive, i am happy for you. Neither do I see any reason for you to revoke my freedom to call it what I see fit. What do you say? Should we agree on that, or are you going on the next stalking mission?

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:
18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There's a big difference between "negative stuff" and facts such as meteorological peculiarities.

I said like most other negative stuff. So, if you see it as positive, i am happy for you. Neither do I see any reason for you to revoke my freedom to call it what I see fit. What do you say? Should we agree on that, or are you going on the next stalking mission?

I haven't "revoked your freedom to call it what you see fit", I was just making a factual observation.     

Responding to comments on this forum is not stalking!

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2022 at 5:16 AM, pegman said:

China always gets the blame by some here

True. You need to post a reply enumerating all the positive effects China is making on the world and how so many people have benefitted from their regime.

Should be easy and won't take much time.

I look forward to it.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2022 at 9:22 AM, RocketDog said:

True. You need to post a reply enumerating all the positive effects China is making on the world and how so many people have benefitted from their regime.

Should be easy and won't take much time.

I look forward to it.

Start with the chipset on your device you're using now to access the internet.

Taiwan, China produces appox. 92% of them.

Your vehicle probably wouldn't work without some Chinese part in it.

The grid in every country probably has Chinese parts in it .... should I continue ???

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Start with the chipset on your device you're using now to access the internet.

Taiwan, China produces appox. 92% of them.

Your vehicle probably wouldn't work without some Chinese part in it.

The grid in every country probably has Chinese parts in it .... should I continue ???

Taiwan makes the chips. What China makes is for internal use mainly. What is exported is in phones and IT gear designed (and roundly spurned by knowledgeable governments ) for data gathering. I'd never buy a Chinese phone or network equipment.

No doubt China has turned into a large corporation , but most of their goods are inferior but cheap. Great for growing land fills.

They sell large amounts of cheap commodities but don't pretend they are essential to global development.  Many other countries can and do produce similar goods. And China still refers to itself as a developing nation. I guess you buy into that charade too?

You're putting lipstick on a pig but don't try to pretend it's attractive. The entire world is waking up to threat that China represents. The sooner the better.

China has a place in the world but certainly not the one they believe they are entitled to: total global dominion.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Taiwan makes the chips. What China makes is for internal use mainly. What is exported is in phones and IT gear designed (and roundly spurned by knowledgeable governments ) for data gathering. I'd never buy a Chinese phone or network equipment.

No doubt China has turned into a large corporation , but most of their goods are inferior but cheap. Great for growing land fills.

They sell large amounts of cheap commodities but don't pretend they are essential to global development.  Many other countries can and do produce similar goods. And China still refers to itself as a developing nation. I guess you buy into that charade too?

You're putting lipstick on a pig but don't try to pretend it's attractive. The entire world is waking up to threat that China represents. The sooner the better.

China has a place in the world but certainly not the one they believe they are entitled to: total global dominion.

It's a strange situation (China, Taiwan). 

My airline and many other corporations have Taiwan listed as a separate country. 

Anyway I'm sure pro Chinese will be of a different opinion to anti Chinese. 

Their Technologies are very different, Taiwan is far superior.

I'm quite sure China does not receive any revenue through sales of these chips made by Taiwan.

I'm not fussed, just thought I'd highlight some facts, it can be confusing.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's a strange situation (China, Taiwan). 

My airline and many other corporations have Taiwan listed as a separate country. 

Anyway I'm sure pro Chinese will be of a different opinion to anti Chinese. 

Their Technologies are very different, Taiwan is far superior.

I'm quite sure China does not receive any revenue through sales of these chips made by Taiwan.

I'm not fussed, just thought I'd highlight some facts, it can be confusing.

Agreed on all.

They are definitely two separate countries since 1949, with radically different governance and societies, radically. One is driven by repression, fear, iron-fisted control, and constant surveillance. Much of what technology it has is stolen from innovative countries and used against them in a bid for global domination.

The other is democratic, progressive, and based on freedom, achievement, and optimism. Most of what it has it built and developed itself in harmony with many other progressive nations to mutual benefit.

What the CCP is doing is equivalent to England declaring that the USA is a defiant and wrong-headed breakaway province of the British empire. Duplicitous nonsense.

Things change.

The zealous China apologists are either CCP agents or deeply deluded and willfully ignorant contrarians.

I'm not fussed either, but I can see the facts of the matter.