90-day report & Songkran

24 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Planning online report on April 11. Think this could get hung up in Songkran?

Snap! My window also opens April 11 Monday.

I will be posting my report this weekend to CW.

My understanding is that they don't even process them till your due date.

In any event the post option will work fine. 

Euro style cafe on way to PO, mind you 80baht a pop.

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Snap! My window also opens April 11 Monday.

I will be posting my report this weekend to CW.

Why not try doing it online first.

The post offices will be open on the 11th and 12th. The post office will not be closed until the 13th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For some that involves a long trip.

I live in Bangkok and tempted to tell gf that reporting can be done Soi 4 and must be done in person and due to crowds can take most of the day. 

my sign in place is 2 kms from where i live

Looking at this thread carefully reveals that two of the most respected experts on Thai visa issues, ubonjoe & DrJack, both prefer to use Thailand Post to online. Hmmm.

I was approved online after I sent my last 90-day EMS. Perhaps that's the reason I never received any return mail notification.

What's getting my commandos in a twist is the recent revelation that reporting 15 days early loses us lucky winners 60 days a month. Like to minimise that...but still be safe.

Thailand Post is pretty safe. Often tracking actually shows an answer (if the mail has been entered!). However, more than once, I was getting up to the next 90 days & had not yet received my notification. So that's dicey, too.

Question: Anybody know if online is also accepted up to 7 days after 90 day date, or by EMS, or only in person?

10 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Looking at this thread carefully reveals that two of the most respected experts on Thai visa issues, ubonjoe & DrJack, both prefer to use Thailand Post to online.

I use online reporting. I have not done a mailed in report for several years now.

Read some of my posts in the pinned topic for online reporting at the top of 1st page of this forum.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2022 at 11:59 AM, DrJack54 said:

For some that involves a long trip.

I live in Bangkok and tempted to tell gf that reporting can be done Soi 4 and must be done in person and due to crowds can take most of the day. 

Sometimes it may even require an overnight I hear.

11 hours ago, blackshadow said:

I KNow all about the big window.......NO NEED to tell me.

I have been signing in for 13 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you understand, but it was posted so that others who are newbies understand.

I'll not tag your post again... apologies. 

On 4/6/2022 at 3:42 PM, DrJack54 said:

He doesn't have a problem.

Just stated that he prefers to do it in person.

Now that 90 day reports will stop at MTT and move to CW I hope the online system for those using it has a flawless and hiccup free move as well.

Just sayin'

On 4/6/2022 at 8:24 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

Question: Anybody know if online is also accepted up to 7 days after 90 day date, or by EMS, or only in person?

Yes, I did mine 6 days late in February and it was accepted

Saturday, still down. Working for anyone?

Will some kind person suggest a strategy to beat Apr 20?

1) IF possible, refile 90day online on Monday?

2) IF not, Thailand Post?

3) Have reported Apr 12. Hope for the best? (Unlikely I would be rejected as all info was the same as last successful online report, touch wood.)

11 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Saturday, still down. Working for anyone?

It is working at this time.

It did work for a while on Saturday morning.

1) IF possible, refile 90day online on Monday?

If would wait to see it you get approval on Monday.

If you have summited the report on or before the report date it will be accepted.

2) IF not, Thailand Post?

To late for that.

Thanks, Joe, for keeping your finger on the pulse! Yes, working today, Sunday, but my application still shows 'pending'--no surprise.

For clarification, Immigration doesn't count 90-day reports by Post by the postmarked date? IOW, I can't send EMS on the due date & have it accepted?

In your considerable experience, if not approved by Tuesday 19th (report due 20th), should I file online again. Or is this just likely to confuse them?

Believe me, I won't be cheap about those extra days again!

Complaint Dept (where nobody listens): Of course, 90-day approvals should extend from the last approval not from the new date filed! But logic is just too much to ask, eh!

22 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

For clarification, Immigration doesn't count 90-day reports by Post by the postmarked date? IOW, I can't send EMS on the due date & have it accepted?

The basic rules on mailed in reports is that they must be received 7 day before the report date. 

23 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

In your considerable experience, if not approved by Tuesday 19th (report due 20th), should I file online again. Or is this just likely to confuse them?

You could try doing the report online again if not approved by late Tuesday.