Daily Dangerous things you witness.

Iamfalang

Last year, I've seen an undercover cop put a gun to a kid's head.  probably drugs.  let's hope.

This week I've seen a kid try to cut another teenager with a massive knife around 2 p.m. on a busy road.   Machete type, both on motorbikes.   friend recorded incident and said they will talk to police.   kid looked crazy.  

I admit I don't stay in my room 24 hours a day, it's only 23 hours and 59 minutes.  So I have time to see things.

I also think you will see less in big cities, but I might be wrong.  

What have you seen?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Once drove from my mother i.l. back home. 75 km. First incident I blew the horn. Decided to blow it now in every dangerous (not minor) Situation. Stopped counting at 150 and still wasn't home.

And that's normal....,,☹️

Years ago (1998?) was at a pop concert in Bangkok and someone starting firing a gun......all hell broke loose......fortunately there was loads of space to run into otherwise many would have been crushed.

Walking along Silom road (2000?) and saw a kid, late teens, get his face slashed with something like a craft knife.

Not 'daily' dangerous though, are they?

Think I misunderstood the title, but having typed all that I'm not deleting it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Building demolition crews wearing "flip flops" and no safety helmets!

I do believe this is the type of government non-regulation favored by some in the USA. I suppose that would be consistent with the same types opposed to national healthcare provided for citizens in the world’ s developed nations … just reflecting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

That would be an occasional poster on TV, that tries to point out Thailand to be more dangerous than other countries. @Iamfalang I sincerely hope you do not come from USA. Hope you are aware of the murder rate there. ????

I haven't seen any updated figures for a few years, but murder rate in Thailand was higher than USA (per capita).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Obviously ‘dangerous and utterly silly things on the roads’....

The most heightened I have ever been to dangers is when walking down Rama IV footpath towards Sukhumivit (pavement / sidewalk) with my Son (1 y/o)  in a pushchair.

Motorcycles tried to pass...   Soi Dogs, hot oil from street vendors, hanging wires, then having cross the side soi (1ft drop off the curb)  then I tried to cross sukhumvit road which was a total no goer (I wasn’t going to risk it) so walked up the road to the BTS... had to take my son out of the Pushchair and carry him and the push-chair.... All a big mistake, it would have been safer to take a taxi (I was dead against going in any vehicle with out a child seat). 

On the beaches.. at a restaurant, son playing in the sand...   The restaurant has beach lights wired into the mains... nope... avoid that restaurant and go to one with lights shining into the beach rather than ones with lights ‘on the beach’ with wires running under the sand (which could be wet). 

With regards to fights and ‘stuff’.... Yep, plenty of that... but I just don’t see it that much. 

I guess much of that depends if you live near a technical college or not !!! 

Sounds like you should not have a child in Thailand. I often thought it's a bad idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Years ago (1998?) was at a pop concert in Bangkok and someone starting firing a gun......all hell broke loose......fortunately there was loads of space to run into otherwise many would have been crushed.

Walking along Silom road (2000?) and saw a kid, late teens, get his face slashed with something like a craft knife.

Not 'daily' dangerous though, are they?

Think I misunderstood the title, but having typed all that I'm not deleting it.

I knew the boomers would be coming up with stuff from 24 years ago when the topic should be in the last few months or less. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

my wife if she does not find rice or noodle soup within 10 minutes of being hungry for it... 

They will not tolerate feeling hungry........not for even a moment.....I find it quite stressful, especially if we are abroad and there is no Thai food to be had.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jensmann said:

Once drove from my mother i.l. back home. 75 km. First incident I blew the horn. Decided to blow it now in every dangerous (not minor) Situation. Stopped counting at 150 and still wasn't home.

And that's normal....,,☹️

Blowing the horn at a Thai driver is a danger in itself !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

What have you seen?

Sydney western suburbs. 

2, obese Mt Druit females attacking each other in the supermarket, fighting over toilet rolls. 

It was a horrible sight, fat and cellulite, disgusting, popping out from everywhere and the stench was unbelievable. 

The store manager had to break it up and confiscated the bog rolls. 

I'm scarred for life, traumatized. 

Taking medication daily. 

Going to therapy. 

I hope I recover. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

50 minutes ago, loong said:

I haven't seen any updated figures for a few years, but murder rate in Thailand was higher than USA (per capita).

Nope, it wasn´t! Here is some numbers for you. (Not seen any new number either, but as you said was I can counter it)
Murder Rate by Country 2022 (worldpopulationreview.com)

Countries by murder rate – ranked - The Facts Institute

Murder Rate By Country - WorldAtlas

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Sounds like you should not have a child in Thailand. I often thought it's a bad idea. 

Nah. It's ok. The denizens of Bangkok, apart from the seriously wealthy, leave their precious little ones with the grandparents in the villages, where they are much safer.