Non O visa refresh memory please

If I can no longer keep the 400,000 thai baht in a bank account. What are my options then going forward for my Non o based on marriage? I understand there are still issues with land border crossings but I am asking if these were lifted? What would I have to do going forward to keep my non o intact going forward?

Thank you

if you are working and have salary 40k you can extend your visa too.

if no, cambodia seems the best option for you to get a new non-o but i think they issue only for 3 months, not 1 year (i might be wrong but their website says only 3 months 80usd)

other option is an agency. they will do it for you something around 15-24K if need one i can give you a nane, please contact me.

It probably will not be much longer that the border crossings are closed.

You may be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Ho Chi Minh City shortley.

If you have not gotten a 60 day extension to visit your wife since you last entry to the country you could apply for one to get more time.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It probably will not be much longer that the border crossings are closed.

You may be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Ho Chi Minh City shortley.

If you have not gotten a 60 day extension to visit your wife since you last entry to the country you could apply for one to get more time.

I am ok until March 2023 that is when my next visa expires as I was just issued a new year having only to report every 90 days to my local immigration office, However I might have a money problem in March 2023 for the 400 k thai baht requirement. I am close to the Lao border so am I right in thinking that if I do have a money problem next go around and the Lao border is open I can go the route of getting a non o based on marriage at the Thai lao embassy and get a multi entry and just be required every 3 months to go across the friendship bridge and come back the same day? Is this correct Ubonjoe?

4 minutes ago, raptorea said:

I am close to the Lao border so am I right in thinking that if I do have a money problem next go around and the Lao border is open I can go the route of getting a non o based on marriage at the Thai lao embassy and get a multi entry and just be required every 3 months to go across the friendship bridge and come back the same day? Is this correct Ubonjoe?

I thought you were asking about now.

You should be able to get multiple entry non-o visa at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet next year. 

Tiy would have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry from the visa. You could also a apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each of the 90 day entries.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I thought you were asking about now.

You should be able to get multiple entry non-o visa at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet next year. 

Tiy would have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry from the visa. You could also a apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for each of the 90 day entries.

So that could turn into a total of 18 months with 60 extra days added each time of the 90 day entrys? 4 each 90 day entrys and 4 each 60 day extensions? correct? Thank you

6 minutes ago, raptorea said:

So that could turn into a total of 18 months with 60 extra days added each time of the 90 day entrys? 4 each 90 day entrys and 4 each 60 day extensions? correct? Thank you

That is correct if you leave and re-enter the country just before the visa expires.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

17 months.

That is about the theoretical max, but life being what it is it doesn't work out that way.

I spent my first 6 years here on ME non O's and you end up going to the border when convenient rather than any long term consideration.

In normal times much easier than immigration, only downside I filled up my passport in 3 years.

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is about the theoretical max, but life being what it is it doesn't work out that way.

I spent my first 6 years here on ME non O's and you end up going to the border when convenient rather than any long term consideration.

In normal times much easier than immigration, only downside I filled up my passport in 3 years.

It works well. My last year of being on a Non O I got very near to 17 months. I think I was 3 days out. 

I used it as an excuse to travel. Cambodia, India and UK. None involving visa stickers as the first two were Evisas and the UK no stamps. Passport still with lots of pages.

I've never bothered to get a 60 day extension at immigration until the enter before date has passed. It doesn't extend visa life so didn't see the point. I see the convenience if one lives a long way from a border and close to immigration.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It works well. My last year of being on a Non O I got very near to 17 months. I think I was 3 days out. 

I used it as an excuse to travel. Cambodia, India and UK. None involving visa stickers as the first two were Evisas and the UK no stamps. Passport still with lots of pages.

I've never bothered to get a 60 day extension at immigration until the enter before date has passed. It doesn't extend visa life so didn't see the point. I see the convenience if one lives a long way from a border and close to immigration.

It is whatever suits, when i was on a Non O my wife was working so difficult to get away for any length of time.

I only changed to an extension in 2014 to avoid going on overstay. We had booked to go to Malaysia in the April and as soon as I came back sent my passport for renewal. Unfortunately a couple of weeks earlier the UK in their lack of wisdom had transferred overseas passports from the FCO to the Home Office, how they ended up with VFS. My passport took 3 months to come back, I had to apply for extension to get the extra 30 days under consideration,  else it would have been off to the embassy for an ETD.

I got another ME Non O in Nov 2019, then the pandemic hit and back on extension.