Find this elderly foreigner who stole a 150 baht bottle of rum from granny

webfact

14 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The shop is open 24 hours. The report states it sells mostly cigarettes and alcohol, and the old Mother was asleep when the farang came in.

There are times when the sale of alcohol is prohibited  ...before 11am, from 2-5pm. and after some time late evening. ,. though I doubt that stops them selling alcohol 24 hours a day

Is it really necessary for the shop to be open 24hours  a day?  Open shorter hours and let the Mother have a decent sleep.....................AND OBEY THE LAW!

get robbed, boomer on here turns it around and thinks they are in the wrong.... this forum is gold sometimes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is no excusing theft, but the ’son’ also seems somewhat ‘xenophobic' in his actions to ignore theft from Thai’s and then going public when its a foreigner. 

It's awful that people will just rip off shops like this where people are struggling to make a living. 

Despicable foreigner, but also despicable Thai’s, despicable anyone who would do the same thing. 

Well, there are probably several ways it can be interpreted and a more objective way can be that this behaviour can be expected of Thais but not from foreigners, which basically has a positive twist towards foreigners. Anyway, sad to see and especially in these hard times where most people struggle to make ends meet ....

• Like 2

In France where  I live, we always open our bags in shops to show the cashier. I don’t mind, theft is huge, no skin off my nose. Went shopping with family in UK , opened my bag at cashier, she was quite baffled, didn’t  understand. My  sister  in law said we didn’t have to do that there. I suppose UK does have loads of cameras.