Find this elderly foreigner who stole a 150 baht bottle of rum from granny

webfact

11 minutes ago, monty1412 said:

Sorry  that they have to endure this theft but take temptation out of it and just put a cheap padlock on the doors so they cant easily be opened . 

Or if you are in charge of the shop then be there in it rather than sleeping somewhere. Not too difficult in the real world.

The shop looks like a deathtrap = are the owners constantly drunk and smoking? What a tip! But it does not excuse theft. Low lifes are everywhere and obviously getting more desperate, catch him, lock him up or feport him, we have enough bad press as it is. Pretty low to steal from these small shops who are probably barely manging to eak out a crust these days.

Scumbag would probably get 40 years if he got caught thieving from the likes of CP.

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Another foreigner flying the flag for us all.

When you say ‘us all’ do you mean yourself ?....  Because the Thai’s I know are not dumb and don’t tar all foreigners with the same brush.... in fact, one of the things like about Thailand is that there is little judgement, we (Foreigners) are generally treated on our own individual merits (as we look and as we behave).... 

..... But, if you worry that Thai’s will judge you because you some how resemble an obese-bald-thieving elderly westerner then yes...  maybe he’s flying the flag for you !!!! :whistling:

• Like 2

My local grog shop is run by the grand mother, her son and his wife and the 2 grand children plus 3 Thais working the stock. If there is nobody around I usually shout something like "shop" and wait a few minutes and somebody always turns up. Yes I have seen the shop when the grandmother or the son/DIL are sleeping so I just wake them up.

In the rare event that nobody is available I would take the bottle and call back later to pay for it. Having said that we have been using the shop for years and are good friends.

Unfortunately the shop is in Udon Thani some 800km from me or I would have given them the money myself and apologised.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I think you're a closet racist white guy who doesn't like seeing another white guy singled out for his crimes, and so you instead point the finger at the natives as a smoke screen as if the store owner doesn't have a right to choose which criminal to talk about. Would anyone have written about the Thai thefts?  You know what's despicable about foreigners? When they try to project imaginary "racism" onto incidents like this. Did you ever hear the phrase "last straw"? I can see why a foreigner stealing from a native would be more of an offense and insult, and the last straw. A pensioner whose monthly income dwarfs even the yearly income of Thai people stealing a 150 baht bottle of booze is a far worse criminal than just another low income Thai person who shoplifts. That makes the crime worse and thus worthy of exposure. How Thai people behave toward each other is within their culture, it's their business and their right to deal with without our input. This thief is an outsider, taking advantage of the country in every way he can. and this is how he pays back, shows respect. And how do you know nothing has ever been written about his store's theft problem?  As if it matters. Empathy much? Can you read this guy's mind? You never met or talked with him, you just sit in your Monday morning quarterback armchair of judgment. He doesn't deserve your words. I'm a farang, and I find it particularly despicable that a well off foreigner would steal a cheap bottle of booze from those he knowns darn well are struggling to earn a fraction of what he makes. How does this make foreigners look in the eyes of Thai people? Foreigners are guests in this country, it is not their country. This guy deserves to be singled out. And deported. And note that the owner didn't go to the police this time either. Did that sink in at all? He's not being vindictive. But according to you he's nonetheless maliciously and xenophobically singling out a farang.  It occurs to me how American racists like to hide behind a kneejerk phrase "Blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" to dilute the issue whenever their racism leads them to condemn "Black lives matter" protests.  It's because they don't dare say black lives DON'T matter, so they use code instead. The code of closet racism. When you say "despicable foreigner, but also despicable Thais", you sound just like those American racists - "black lives matter, but all [white] lives matter (except it's the Black lives being killed by the "Blue lives" - cops - a false equivalency conjured up by racists). The foreigner is despicable, the story is about him, none of this has anything to do with Thais, it's one story about one theft. Shame on you for trying the old trick of changing the focus of the conversation to suit your own agenda. I'll bet you do this all the time. 

Geez man, put a lid on it.

You talk about racism a lot, as if you knew about that subject.

Nobody I have ever met is more racist than black men, in their country, or immigrants first generation.

Now in Thailand, no racism for farangs by Thais who directly benefit from farangs. If they do not benefit in any way, damn, they do not even look at you.

Racism in America is a card played by foreigners trying to benefit from calling Americans racists...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No...  100% looks like a Canadian....  :whistling:

Hey!  Canadians don't steal!  We don't need to!  The Government gives even people who don't wish to work, more than enough money to live on!  I wonder if this is enough cause for defamation of Canadians?  I'll ask my Embassy.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I think you're a closet racist white guy who doesn't like seeing another white guy singled out for his crimes, and so you instead point the finger at the natives as a smoke screen as if the store owner doesn't have a right to choose which criminal to talk about. Would anyone have written about the Thai thefts?  You know what's despicable about foreigners? When they try to project imaginary "racism" onto incidents like this. Did you ever hear the phrase "last straw"? I can see why a foreigner stealing from a native would be more of an offense and insult, and the last straw. A pensioner whose monthly income dwarfs even the yearly income of Thai people stealing a 150 baht bottle of booze is a far worse criminal than just another low income Thai person who shoplifts. That makes the crime worse and thus worthy of exposure. How Thai people behave toward each other is within their culture, it's their business and their right to deal with without our input. This thief is an outsider, taking advantage of the country in every way he can. and this is how he pays back, shows respect. And how do you know nothing has ever been written about his store's theft problem?  As if it matters. Empathy much? Can you read this guy's mind? You never met or talked with him, you just sit in your Monday morning quarterback armchair of judgment. He doesn't deserve your words. I'm a farang, and I find it particularly despicable that a well off foreigner would steal a cheap bottle of booze from those he knowns darn well are struggling to earn a fraction of what he makes. How does this make foreigners look in the eyes of Thai people? Foreigners are guests in this country, it is not their country. This guy deserves to be singled out. And deported. And note that the owner didn't go to the police this time either. Did that sink in at all? He's not being vindictive. But according to you he's nonetheless maliciously and xenophobically singling out a farang.  It occurs to me how American racists like to hide behind a kneejerk phrase "Blue lives matter" or "all lives matter" to dilute the issue whenever their racism leads them to condemn "Black lives matter" protests.  It's because they don't dare say black lives DON'T matter, so they use code instead. The code of closet racism. When you say "despicable foreigner, but also despicable Thais", you sound just like those American racists - "black lives matter, but all [white] lives matter (except it's the Black lives being killed by the "Blue lives" - cops - a false equivalency conjured up by racists). The foreigner is despicable, the story is about him, none of this has anything to do with Thais, it's one story about one theft. Shame on you for trying the old trick of changing the focus of the conversation to suit your own agenda. I'll bet you do this all the time. 

Cool story bro , yawn ????

• Thanks 1

Just need to make sure that this was actually theft .

The felang may have gone into the shop to buy some drink and there was no one there to serve him and so he took the rink with the intention of going back the next day to pay for it .

He may have had the intention of going back and paying for it ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What are you thinking, what's going through your head, do you understand what you are saying? 

OMG, wake up 

He is a foreigner, he is a visitor.

When you're a visitor you should be on your best behavior, did your parents not teach you right from wrong? 

Forget your thoughts they mean nothing. 

Conversely, to the Thais stealing from the shop, has no one ever told them you don't S@$t on your own doorstep?

There's bad in everyone from papal figures and royalty down so it is only to be expected that some will falter now and again.

3 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

And where do we send the Thai that steel? A very discriminating solution. If we would send everybody home (or better out of the country) who did something wrong then Thailand would be empty soon. And so would be Europe or any other country. This is not the way. They should forec the guy to pay with a fine that the next time he will consider paying instantly and not steel anymore. Sending everybody away is not the solution.

Good point. If he was stealing not out of the lack of means to pay but lack of opportunity (because grandma was kipping) and gets arrested he'll pay a fine and be booted out of Thailand. Chances are he's on an O visa so they have to toss up between fining him a few thousand and deporting him or making him pay for the bottle (with a sweetener for grandma and the local plod) and letting him stay to enable them to keep getting the money he is paying into the community on a monthly basis through rent, utilities, shopping etc.

• Like 2

Just another fat, murky, disgusting looser making us all look bad again. Please, if somebody know him, just send me a PM. I had enough of the low quality foreigners this country seems to have been collecting during many years.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Just another fat, murky, disgusting looser making us all look bad again. Please, if somebody know him, just send me a PM. I had enough of the low quality foreigners this country seems to have been collecting during many years.

Will you go and find him and give him a right seeing to ?

Don't forget to put your cape on before you go 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Will you go and find him and give him a right seeing to ?

Don't forget to put your cape on before you go 

Hehe! In Covid-19 times, I always trust my mask to do the job. 

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

The son is a retard.  If he never reports the thefts to the police, why is there CCTV installed?

As usual. If you can't think of anything else to say, insult and blame somebody.

• Like 2