Seahorse Ferry

pontious

On 2/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, moogradod said:

Thank you HammerMan. Sounds great. Only one thing I do not understand: I thought the 2KTHB were for the car.

OK, to make it easy and exclude any misunderstandings: How much is currently a return journey for Sattahip-Koh Samui-Sattahip all-in-all:

1. Passengers: 2 Adults

2. Car: Yes, Limousine 5-seats

3. Accomodation: Private Cabin with built in toilet

Thanks a lot for your support.

5 seat "limousine" is automatically double the 5 seat sedan rate. Surely your staff can run the cost down for you when thoare not driving the limousine? Lol,having some fun

21 hours ago, kuma said:

5 seat "limousine" is automatically double the 5 seat sedan rate. Surely your staff can run the cost down for you when thoare not driving the limousine? Lol,having some fun

Our car is a Toyota Camry Hybrid - and indeed I am not driving the car.

Why should this result in a double charge of another car ? You're joking, right -  thinking of a strech limousine when I say "limousine". Are you from the staff of the ferry ? Then please answer the still open question about the price of a return journey as described in my post above. This would be helpful ! Thanks.

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

Why should this result in a double charge of another car ? You're joking, right -  thinking of a strech limousine when I say "limousine". Are you from the staff of the ferry ? Then please answer the still open question about the price of a return journey as described in my post above. This would be helpful ! Thanks.

What makes you think your boring kitchen appliance Camry is a limousine ?

14 minutes ago, moogradod said:

You can contact the staff on Line. They answered my questions quickly 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

What makes you think your boring kitchen appliance Camry is a limousine ?

1. The German Version of Wikipedia includes our boring kitchen appliance as being a Limousine. But I am too lazy to translate it all for you. Educate yourself otherwise please.

2. Our boring appliance is a pretty nice car, although I assume that I have been driven more exiting cars than you might not even have come close to. With 67 years now I do not need an "exiting" car anymore. The times of my Ferrari 328 GTS are over. I prefer a comfortable and practical car (as you say boring kitchen appliance style)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

1. The German Version of Wikipedia includes our boring kitchen appliance as being a Limousine. But I am too lazy to translate it all for you. Educate yourself otherwise please.

2. Our boring appliance is a pretty nice car, although I assume that I have been driven more exiting cars than you might not even have come close to. With 67 years now I do not need an "exiting" car anymore. The times of my Ferrari 328 GTS are over. I prefer a comfortable and practical car (as you say boring kitchen appliance style)

Your Camry is a 4 door sedan, it is in no way a limousine no matter the native tongue.

7 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Nice that they are that responsive. However, I told them already that not everybody uses social media to communicate with alll the problems that his brings with it. I do not have Line and I do not have Facebook and I will never have either as long I can prevent this. Many companies loose my business in this fashion.

There is still email and SMS (for special purposes - like confirmation of banking transactions) and besides - a Facebook page is not a homepage but only an interface into their system, Line is a messaging system.

I prefer a real homepage with a .com adress and email. If any company cannot provide that then they better look for other customers - but not me.

I do agree that in this day and age, a company looking to take bookings should have a proper website rather than a Facebook page.

Perhaps, as a fairly new company, they have one in the works. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Your Camry is a 4 door sedan, it is in no way a limousine no matter the native tongue.

Call it what you like. It is a very nice car anyway which I would again prefer over any lower class Benz (2xx). It is a different matter if we are talking about the 300 series up. In Switzerland Benz are used a lot as a taxi. Around Paradeplatz in Zurich you would find anything Benz regardless of model up to the very top. You also still see the "real" Maybachs (not as a taxi, though).

Just now, phetphet said:

I do agree that in this day and age, a company looking to take bookings should have a proper website rather than a Facebook page.

I was talking about that in general. I understand that they are just starting up and I can understand their priorities. I wish them good luck. Once they are established fully and we will have as well some reviews I would like to look again at therir offerings. Until then I might as well know how much a return journey for two plus car (sedan that is????) amounts to.

I like travelling by ship. When the ferry to Hua Hin was still alive we had the pleasure to try this one as well (although without car). Now add some culinary delights and a good service and we are a regular.

10 hours ago, phetphet said:

They do, and have had for a while now.  Unfortunately, as Hammerman has indicated, it isn't seen as a priority.

http://www.seahorse-ferries.com/Home/Home.aspx

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, moogradod said:

Many companies loose my business in this fashion.

I too do not use Line, but certainly feel I am losing out. So many businesses do, and I have been asked so many times for a Line ID. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I too do not use Line, but certainly feel I am losing out. So many businesses do, and I have been asked so many times for a Line ID. 

Unfortunately, you may be right. It becomes critical if an item is really only available using Line somehow. And if you need / want the item urgently. For an emergency I have my stepdaughter who has Line and may step into the breach for me. But in the long run ..... ????

It is the same as cancelling cash - this might happen, too, someday. But until that happens I remain stubborn and I would not become tired to explain the salesman that he just lost my business because his stupid Line or refusal of cash. It will not help, I know. He would not even understand my reasoning.

I assume the old age will slowly show its ugly face for me. I remember when Internet just evolved. I said at the time that I would never use it ????. I was as well wrong, very wrong.

Edited by moogradod
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HammerMan said:

Apologies for my apparent silence but have been on medical leave. I understand if people are reluctant to use Facebook or Line. You can email the Customer Service ([email protected]) and then communicate by telephone or call the CS team directly at 0858426021-23 and mention you do not use Line or Facebook. If any problems you can email me directly at [email protected]

I have been pushing for a direct online booking system on the website and payment by credit cards, but for reasons I truly do not understand, it simply hasn't happened so far.. T I T

Thank you. This is great. I hope you are healthy again. When implementing the payment function you may not forget two factor authentication. This would make the process more safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, HammerMan said:

FYI- The Seahorse Website is currently down, temporarily, for relaunching a new, better and secure website in the coming weeks. All/Any communication can be through following links: https://www.facebook.com/fb.theseahorseferryofficial     and   https://lin.ee/t0PNYOR  

Tell whoever is doing it to put up a holding page telling would be visitors this.  It currently shows nothing  apart from giving a browser error message.

21 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I sent a customer from Koh Kood to Samui with Seahorse yesterday. He took a car to Sattahip but could have caught a van. He sent me that the trip was great. Good food, bars, live music and karaoke. He booked a sleeping pod and said it was comfortable. 

Heard it being advertised on the radio as I drove around yesterday. Glad to see it up and running after all the efforts and set-backs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Heard it being advertised on the radio as I drove around yesterday. Glad to see it up and running after all the efforts and set-backs. 

Maybe 'Dan' will be along soon with his thoughts! ????

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hopefully they can keep it running. Once the transport networks from Cambodia, Koh Chang etc become more estabished- it is a bit hard to know exactly how to get to Sattahip without a car- it could open up the whole of the Eastern side by saving a long bus trip, then plane if you want to get to the south. Trat Airport is a joke with a monopoly owned by Bangkok Airways (as is Samui I think) and U-Tapao has little estabished public transport. They both may offer cheap flights but get you with private taxis to and from the airport.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

On 3/30/2023 at 10:26 AM, banglay said:

A spare of the moment decision  . woke this morning  at decided to book a ticket on today's (30th)  sailing from Sattahip .  ,The app is fairly simple to use and I got confirmation and a E Ticket back almost instantly . I used their LINE app the get some questions answered and again got responses back within 5 minutes ,, overall a good experience ... 

I will post a full review from arriving at the checking in desk to disembarking at Koh Samui  and all things in between    "warts and all"

So, how was the experience? 

On 4/8/2023 at 1:45 PM, banglay said:
(I.) Used the LINE APP to book and pay for the ticket (easy to use quick to received confirmation and a E Ticket) (2.) check in very quick and efficient friendly staff that speak good English, (3,) Boarding with a vehicle simple again and friendly staff . (4) a free bottle of water when showing your boarding ticket . (5.) VIP seat quite comfortable and easy access to all areas (6.) Bars open 17:30 hrs until 22:30 hrs large cans of beer 120b (7.) 12 inch Ham & mushroom pizza 350b Not bad quite tasty . (8.) Ferry promptly set sail at 17:00 hrs (9.) Outside upper deck bar became very windy once the sun set , but not a problem the bar eating area inside the boat has a nice atmosphere . (10) Coffee 's for sale is very nice and 60b a cup. (11.) you can order from a breakfast menu in the morning ( I never bothered coffee is enough for me lol) . (12.) Ferry started to disembark vehicle's at 09:00 Hrs (13.) quick and easy too driving off the ferry . How did I rate the experience 9/10 for the VIP seat 10/10 for staff friendliness and helpfulness . 7.5/10 for the food 7/10 for overall value for money would I use again ????? probably not but this is a personal opinion . and nothing to do with the ferry as a whole

A short youtube video I did 
I didn't take much of the inside of the boat  I do not think it is right to video people without their knowledge 

0 Comments

Sort by

Thank you for the Brian Eno soundtrack. I guess sea travel and space travel is a good relationship. 

So a return trip for two people and a car will cost me 14.000 THB if I calculated that correctly?

How can that compete against the already inflated flight tickets from Bangkok Airways (faster) and the other modes of transport (flying to Surat and ferry or train/bus to Chumphon and ferry)?

4 hours ago, CLW said:

So a return trip for two people and a car will cost me 14.000 THB if I calculated that correctly?

How can that compete against the already inflated flight tickets from Bangkok Airways (faster) and the other modes of transport (flying to Surat and ferry or train/bus to Chumphon and ferry)?

Bangkok Airways about 7,300 baht return, so two people 14,600 baht. Add in a night's accommodation on the way down as you wouldn't want to do that drive in one hit, maybe 2,000 baht, so 16,600. Add in fuel - 3,000 baht minimum? So 19,600 baht.. Add in the cost of car rental in Samui while you are there (1,000 baht per day currently) and you would be over 25k for a week's trip.

14,000 baht is not massively cheaper but is a fair bit cheaper. And a hell of a lot less stress. It's not a journey that I need to make - I last drove to Samui two years ago and took two nights to break up the journey - but if I wanted to do it again I would definitely consider driving to Sattahip and taking the ferry for a stress free journey, have some food and a few beers and wake up there.

I don't think price is their USP.

• Thumbs Up 1