Seahorse Ferry

pontious

On 1/28/2023 at 5:19 PM, HammerMan said:

Thanks the comments which are all perfectly valid and something I have been chasing the Seahorse management on for a long time.

The delay in releasing the working website/on-line booking system etc.. has purely arisen from fear of releasing a sailing date only to be forced to reschedule again. Mechanically the vessel is all fully repaired. Also the vessel has had a tough "top to bottom" Safety Inspection by the Marine Department/Class and the Insurance Companies and fully passed. The current hick-up is in Samui, where some extra dredging work is needed, especially at the Nathong Jetty and the Samui authorities are demanding extra paper work/operating licensing etc.. etc.. which we are rushing to complete. We are still on schedule to resume services on the 9th of February and we will be making announcements both on Facebook and the website next week. We will outsource marketing so that we can include alternative booking methods with established travel sites also. 

Hey Hammer. We are on our Southern tour now, left early Jan and the ferry from Sattahip was not in service so we have been thinking about trying to take the Samui - Sattahip leg. I see here that the booking site is not 100% and that the first sail is now set as Feb 9, to Samui. What day would the return voyage to Sattahip be? We are still tripping around and will consider wrapping up on Samui and taking the service back to Sattahip if there is a solid departure date planned 

Cheers

9 hours ago, kuma said:

Hey Hammer. We are on our Southern tour now, left early Jan and the ferry from Sattahip was not in service so we have been thinking about trying to take the Samui - Sattahip leg. I see here that the booking site is not 100% and that the first sail is now set as Feb 9, to Samui. What day would the return voyage to Sattahip be? We are still tripping around and will consider wrapping up on Samui and taking the service back to Sattahip if there is a solid departure date planned 

Cheers

Departing from Samui Sunday 12th late afternoon and arriving Sattahip early morning Monday 13th.  You can contact as follows:

image.jpeg

On 4/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, pontious said:

For people like me it is back to 2 hotel stops and a 13 hour drive to visit home. 

The drive can be nice.  I'm planning another trip but probably just fly because like you it's a lot of driving.  

16 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Departing from Samui Sunday 12th late afternoon and arriving Sattahip early morning Monday 13th.  You can contact as follows:

image.jpeg

Thanks will try to contact and get details. Maybe a bit too late but see how the next few weeks go.

Cheers

A few questions I'd like answering before I book 

1..  Which maritime agency has signed off on the repairs  ?

2. has a certificate of seaworthiness been issued after these repairs and can you post a copy please  ? 

3. what sea trials will/were be carried out ? 

4. will the ferry be accompanied with a support vessel for it's first sailing after these repairs?

5. can you confirm the next actual sail date from Sattahip?  

6. what's the easiest way  for me to book on the next passage and how   ?

I thank you in advance for answering all these questions

• Haha 1

You can contact, but you can‘t book. Since weeks they send only the same automated message, that they are upgrading the ferry and so on. It‘s just 6 days until a departure on 9th of february which was only announced in this forum.

I don‘t believe that they will depart and if so pretty empty.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RobCNX said:

You can contact, but you can‘t book. Since weeks they send only the same automated message, that they are upgrading the ferry and so on. It‘s just 6 days until a departure on 9th of february which was only announced in this forum.

I don‘t believe that they will depart and if so pretty empty.

Yes given the troubled times they have faced, I am hedging re a Feb 12 departure from Samui. At least I will know if it sailed on the 9th, and then can drop in and see them live re the departure of the 12th.

40 minutes ago, kuma said:

Yes given the troubled times they have faced, I am hedging re a Feb 12 departure from Samui. At least I will know if it sailed on the 9th, and then can drop in and see them live re the departure of the 12th.

Good idea :–)))

On 2/4/2023 at 10:56 AM, HammerMan said:

The vessel was built under NK Class and is maintained under TG Class. A full and thorough safety inspection was made both by TG and the P and I Club (UK Club) surveyors and everything has been approved, we are currently awaiting issue of the new Safety Certificate. Everything has been thoroughly tested and carefully reinspected to ensure no issues. Due to awaiting issuance of the new safety certificate we are forced to reschedule sailing until February 16th 2023 from Sattahip to Samui.  As I have stated numerous times everyone is more than welcome to visit the vessel at any time and see everything for themselves to satisfy any concerns or questions.  Booking currently can be made through the following links:

30875.jpg

Well,a few years in the planning but looks like it will not happen for me on this tour, as the 13th departure from Samui was my last chance. Oh well perhaps on the next southern tour. Sure must be difficult to generate a customer base with all the hardship this project has endured. 

Is there laundry on board too, if one wanted to use the time to get some things clean?

Good luck with getting started.

It must be hard for HammerMan as he seems to be getting a lot of negative comments. I think when it gets going it will be really successful. Maybe people from Pattaya are not the ideal market but there are a lot of tourists on Koh Chang, Koh Mak and Koh Kood who would find it convenient to travel to Koh Samui without the long a trip by road to Bangkok then to Samui. I understand it must ne an expensive process getting it going but I hope the backers will realize it is a long term high demand operation with the growth in Koh Chang etc. 

On 2/9/2023 at 4:36 PM, HammerMan said:

The Seahorse Ferry Co., Ltd., is pleased to announce the relaunch of our weekly service between Sattahip and Samui commencing Thursday 16th February 2023.

Booking office is now open for all bookings and we'll be posting on the Facebook page and Seahorse website full details, reminder of pricing and schedule dates/times.

32910.jpg

When - you have had years to get a website working - you keep saying soon. WHEN ?

On 2/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, pontious said:

When - you have had years to get a website working - you keep saying soon. WHEN ?

Absolutely agree.. I scream for the website everyday and I'm stonewalled with vague answers and suggestions its complicated.. totally ridiculous buy hey T I T..

On 2/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, pontious said:

39 minutes ago, HammerMan said:

Absolutely agree.. I scream for the website everyday and I'm stonewalled with vague answers and suggestions its complicated.. totally ridiculous buy hey T I T..

Anyone with any sense would have pulled out of this venture a long time ago........

A lot of companies have fancy websites, but don‘t provide any service.

From my personal experience with the booking for departure today,

I can say, that the most informations can be found in Line. The booking

is easy and most important -from my point of few- is, that you can contact

Seahorse ferry on Line and you get a fast and accurate answer. Very good

service, even they are just restarting !

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2023 at 8:24 AM, Henryford said:

I fancied using this service until i totalled up the cost of a return trip with a car, 2 passengers and a basic cabin, 30,000 baht !

Think you miscalculated.. Basic room is 8,000 (which includes ticket price) car 2,000 - So that makes 20K round trip. Flying is similar or slightly more but without the fabulous experience and the benefit of taking your own car.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Think you miscalculated.. Basic room is 8,000 (which includes ticket price) car 2,000 - So that makes 20K round trip. Flying is similar or slightly more but without the fabulous experience and the benefit of taking your own car.

The standard room has obviously no toilet in the cabin. Only from the Suite upwards it has a toilet. That is at least what I decipher from the room descriptions. So for us (wife and myself) the calculation would be (I am dependent on a toilet nearby for I cannot walk well) and the anticipated duration of the journey (12'000 X 2 + 2'000) X 2 = THB 52'000.-) round trip for two persons incl. car. Or is the price for the suite for 2 persons included ? There are only 2 suites available on board according to the website - so the possibilitites for being able to travel are a bit limited - everything must be organized very much dependent on the available dates of the ferry, but of course that is possible.

No idea how much a flight is nowadays. But of course HammerMan is right - another (better) experience with the boat and you can bring a car. Besides we reside in Sattahip - so near to the port, which is an advantage. Quite possible that we will try it some day.

I am going to book a passage next month .. and I was wondering is it worth upgrading from a standard seat to a VIP seat ? any feedback from anyone who has actually booked and tried either type of  the seats would be appreciated .

or  is it possible to book a pre standard seat  then upgrade to a VIP once board ?

and are pillows and a blanket provide within the price of the seats?

Edited by banglay

On 2/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, banglay said:

I am going to book a passage next month .. and I was wondering is it worth upgrading from a standard seat to a VIP seat ? any feedback from anyone who has actually booked and tried either type of  the seats would be appreciated .

or  is it possible to book a pre standard seat  then upgrade to a VIP once board ?

and are pillows and a blanket provide within the price of the seats?

The VIP seats are definitely more comfortable and the area is very quiet/secluded. Also closer to the restaurant/sky deck etc. Personally I would recommend it. Yes you can always upgrade on board subject to availability.

Pillows/Blankets/Towels are available, but I have to be honest I do not know off-hand if there is any charge, but if there is its reasonable and makes a great souvenir. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, moogradod said:

The standard room has obviously no toilet in the cabin. Only from the Suite upwards it has a toilet. That is at least what I decipher from the room descriptions. So for us (wife and myself) the calculation would be (I am dependent on a toilet nearby for I cannot walk well) and the anticipated duration of the journey (12'000 X 2 + 2'000) X 2 = THB 52'000.-) round trip for two persons incl. car. Or is the price for the suite for 2 persons included ? There are only 2 suites available on board according to the website - so the possibilitites for being able to travel are a bit limited - everything must be organized very much dependent on the available dates of the ferry, but of course that is possible.

No idea how much a flight is nowadays. But of course HammerMan is right - another (better) experience with the boat and you can bring a car. Besides we reside in Sattahip - so near to the port, which is an advantage. Quite possible that we will try it some day.

Yes, as mentioned previously, room rates include passenger ticket. i.e. no additional 2,000 baht/person. Secret is to book early. There are wheel chairs on board and staff assistance if required, they are happy to assist if needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HammerMan said:

Yes, as mentioned previously, room rates include passenger ticket. i.e. no additional 2,000 baht/person. Secret is to book early. There are wheel chairs on board and staff assistance if required, they are happy to assist if needed.

Thank you HammerMan. Sounds great. Only one thing I do not understand: I thought the 2KTHB were for the car.

OK, to make it easy and exclude any misunderstandings: How much is currently a return journey for Sattahip-Koh Samui-Sattahip all-in-all:

1. Passengers: 2 Adults

2. Car: Yes, Limousine 5-seats

3. Accomodation: Private Cabin with built in toilet

Thanks a lot for your support.