Seahorse Ferry

pontious

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

@HammerMan any chance on doing shorter runs during off days to Sumui?

I personally don't like Samui but would love a ferry from Pattaya to Koh Chang. Would use it regularly actually instead of the 5-6 hour drive

Unfortunately no.. the water depths are too low for the size of vessel. Plus not sure the local competition would be too pleased.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pontious said:

Has the first class dining and entertainment been sorted or is it still a limited menu.? Nobody knows what the menu / beverages are.

Unfortunately no.. the partner responsible for this seems to have run away until passenger numbers grow.. we're exploring alternative options. Sorry ???? 

On 10/13/2022 at 3:08 AM, HammerMan said:

Why do you keep pushing this agenda? each to their own.. Do what makes you happy. If flying is your preference then go ahead we're not stopping you.

I'm not pushing any agenda. 

I am questioning what market you are targeting. 

Tourists don't have a vehicle, and usually only have 2 weeks of holidays, so time is a factor for them.

Retired expats have vehicles, and time, but can this service survive on that small segment of the market?

You have posted it's about the "onboard experience" despite most people receiving a chair for their journey, but when asked, repeatedly for F & B prices, you have not obliged with any pricing.  Why is that?

On 10/13/2022 at 6:06 AM, josephbloggs said:

By the way, I know you keep banging on that they dare to say it is "transport" but you do realise a boat is a kind of transport?  You can offer transport and an onboard experience.  Who'd have thought?

Sure, you can "offer" it, but is the segment of the market this service appeals to big enough for this service to remain profitable? 

On 10/20/2022 at 12:05 PM, Leaver said:

I'm not pushing any agenda. 

I am questioning what market you are targeting. 

Tourists don't have a vehicle, and usually only have 2 weeks of holidays, so time is a factor for them.

Retired expats have vehicles, and time, but can this service survive on that small segment of the market?

You have posted it's about the "onboard experience" despite most people receiving a chair for their journey, but when asked, repeatedly for F & B prices, you have not obliged with any pricing.  Why is that?

Why don't you visit the vessel and see for yourself??

On 10/20/2022 at 12:10 PM, Leaver said:

Sure, you can "offer" it, but is the segment of the market this service appeals to big enough for this service to remain profitable? 

The short answer is yes.. otherwise Seahorse wouldn't be that stupid to do it.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, HammerMan said:

We canceled the service to Songkhla basically because of zero support/endless frustrations from the local administration, lack of a fixed berth and the inability of anyone to clear the fishing nets.. it was sad because passenger numbers had reached almost 300. High fuel costs became the final straw. Currently the vessel is being prepared for going to Samui and the delay is dredging a channel at the jetty in Samui which will be completed in June. The ferry will operate more as a themed "party" cruise than a ferry, but we are adding more sleeping areas and additional entertainment areas. Expect to relaunch in July.

Perhaps you will post some pictures.

It's sounds fun and something different to do. 

1 hour ago, pontious said:

It was scheduled for yesterday. What happens to people who booked hotels and  face cancellation charges.?

Everyone was reimbursed and/or provided assistance for alternative travel. To my knowledge everyone was happy.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:33 AM, HammerMan said:

The Blue Dolphin safely alongside in Nathong Jetty Samui.. 

1666409241631.jpg

I am gad all went well - it left a day late so what is the schedule now. The unique dining experience  is on hold at the moment so I ask are bars open and can you publish the '''limited menu''' with prices of food and beverages. I have asked before but no answer.

19 minutes ago, pontious said:

I am gad all went well - it left a day late so what is the schedule now. The unique dining experience  is on hold at the moment so I ask are bars open and can you publish the '''limited menu''' with prices of food and beverages. I have asked before but no answer.

I too am glad it all went well, with regard to food and beverage prices, I don't want to be seen as overly critical "But" if you are on board you are a captive audience, so prices will inevetitably be high, a bit like on a train or one of the local air carriers, more so if it has been signed over to another provider. 

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I too am glad it all went well, with regard to food and beverage prices, I don't want to be seen as overly critical "But" if you are on board you are a captive audience, so prices will inevetitably be high, a bit like on a train or one of the local air carriers, more so if it has been signed over to another provider. 

I take your point but it may take some time to provide 'a unique dining experience' so I think it reasonable to ask what is available with prices at the present time..

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pontious said:

I take your point but it may take some time to provide 'a unique dining experience' so I think it reasonable to ask what is available with prices at the present time..

Very true, I'd be interested in the current price list as well ????

HammerMan :-   Now the ferry looks like it's finally getting it's sea legs can you please publish the expected sailing scheduled (days and times)  to and from both destinations .

and the best way to book a ticket  again for both ports .

And how long before departure do you have to load your vehicle?

Cheers 

On 10/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, josephbloggs said:

I know thousands of people who aren't going to Samui, what a missed opportunity. If only you worked for them with your business brain it would cater for those people who aren't going to Samui, everyone would get a room (for free probably), beer would be 30 baht a pint, it would only take an hour, and the sun would shine all the way.

You hit the nail on the head. Business brain is what seems to be missing in their management. Failing that, it looks like an experiment (or "project") in the (long long long) making. In the meantime are prospective passengers expected to be time and again subject themselves to inconvenience and disappointment just to be understanding of Seahorse myriad of problems (one such being "main reason for delay is the payment links with the banks..") ? I myself have been hoping to get on board for a reasonably priced, well catering and smooth sailing trip (to Songkla originally) since their very first announcement way back before covid. Have had to search/wait long and hard for any report and update since but it's like hunting for truffles in the wrong season.

Finding whatever answers on this thread is not AT ALL assuring. Now that it has transformed itself to a party boat to Samui...Already 2 trips (out of 3 scheduled for October) have had trouble leaving shore, one cancelled, one delayed. On top of that, on board F&B services are still in a lurch (to put it lightly.) Who in their right mind would want to go through such experience, and at those 5-star prices (1000 baht just to store your motorbike?) To top if off, those of us wanted to have a frank discussion - it's not difficult to see that most posters on this thread really rooting for this to be a success - are pushed aside as "bashers," or challenged with "why don't you do see for yourself" and ("to be impressed"- with what? great decor in an empty lounge?) or "why don't you go fly" instead?

If nothing else, Seahorse "spokeman" needs to learn something: To begin with a lesson in humility would go a long way to earn any sympathy. Right now I would not go near with a 10 foot pole, let alone considering the prospect of being stranded on the high sea on a deserted ship...

On 10/21/2022 at 5:53 AM, HammerMan said:

Why don't you visit the vessel and see for yourself??

As I have said in a previous post, one tends to ask the price of everything first here.

You have been asked by more than one member to post some prices of F & B, but continue not to do so.  Once again, why????

Can you at least post the price of a local beer onboard? 

On 10/26/2022 at 4:39 AM, watthong said:

If nothing else, Seahorse "spokeman" needs to learn something: To begin with a lesson in humility would go a long way

In my opinion, it's not so much "humility" that is needed, but some transparency. 

Why not post photos of the F & B menu? 

On 10/21/2022 at 5:56 AM, HammerMan said:

The short answer is yes.. otherwise Seahorse wouldn't be that stupid to do it.

If the "Seahorse" company performs due diligence and market research, what happened with the failed first route to Songkla? 

Someone's incompetence or stupidity cost the company a lot of money with that one.

Edited by Leaver

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

If the "Seahorse" company performs due diligence and market research, what happened with the failed first route to Songkla? 

Someone's incompetence or stupidity cost the company a lot of money with that one.

It would seem your knowledge of life and business in Thailand is extremely lacking and you're determined to constantly attack this project regardless. If you followed the whole story you would know the problems in Songkhla are linked to local authorities and more importantly the fishermen who string fishing nets in the path of the vessels accessing the lake.

• Like 1