Seahorse Ferry

pontious

1 hour ago, HammerMan said:

It would seem your knowledge of life and business in Thailand is extremely lacking and you're determined to constantly attack this project regardless. If you followed the whole story you would know the problems in Songkhla are linked to local authorities and more importantly the fishermen who string fishing nets in the path of the vessels accessing the lake.

I kept up with your posts on the first project.

Who was held accountable in the company for not meeting with authorities first, to see who has to be paid, and for how much, to ensure the route could operate? 

Wouldn't someone with "knowledge of life and business in Thailand" at least consider this? 

You are the one claiming those in the company are "not stupid" so why did the first route fail, and why do you think this second route, obviously not the company's first choice of routes, will be successful?

Edited by Leaver

On 10/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, Leaver said:

I kept up with your posts on the first project.

Who was held accountable in the company for not meeting with authorities first, to see who has to be paid, and for how much, to ensure the route could operate? 

Wouldn't someone with "knowledge of life and business in Thailand" at least consider this? 

You are the one claiming those in the company are "not stupid" so why did the first route fail, and why do you think this second route, obviously not the company's first choice of routes, will be successful?

There are things that can be written here and things that cannot. If you live in Thailand you will understand well. If you're so keen to know and understand everything then come and meet us and we will explain.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, HammerMan said:

There are things that can be written here and things that cannot. If you live in Thailand you will understand well. If you're so keen to know and understand everything then come and meet us and we will explain.

I wish you well with the project. 

As another member said, Pattaya to Koh Chang, even with a smaller boat, would have been a winner.  I would have used that service many times. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 9:53 AM, HammerMan said:

Local Beer is available in large size bottles at Baht 120-150

Going forward the restaurants etc will be offering more exciting menus/drink options, starting late November/December.

21932.jpg

21933.jpg

21934.jpg

21935.jpg

Steamed rice and I guess it's Fried chicken nuggets not knuckles ????

On 10/31/2022 at 12:15 PM, MarcelV said:

Within six months this ferry with either have sunk or be stuck in the port again. It is destined to fail and simply not financially viable.

Mark my words!

At some stage someone is going to have to start looking over their shoulder here.  A lot of money was already lost on the initial route, and again  with the new fit out and new route. 

Someone will feel aggrieved. 

Edited by Leaver

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

At some stage someone is going to have to start looking over their shoulder here.  A lot of money was already lost on the initial route, and again  with the new fit out and new route. 

Someone will feel aggrieved. 

What's your point Sherm?

You don't want a ferry to Samui?

3 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

No it's about options and being able to move your car or motorcycle with you if so desired.

Flying to Samui is trash and for Plebs and baht bus riders.

How many people "move" to Samui from Pattaya?

If you are going to Samui for a week, it's cheaper and quicker to fly and hire a motorbike. 

35 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Jeez, you really do have a bee in your bonnet don't you.  It is now very tiresome, give it a rest and get on with your life.

No bee in my bonnet.  Do you think this service will still be running 6 to 12 months from now? 

We stay in Sattahip (just at the very beginning) and have a nice car to bring as well. The Big Elephant in the Room question is: Is Koh Samui worth a visit nowadays ? I have been there in 1975 (no road - I rented a cross motobike privately) and have lived for the equivalent of CHF 1.-- per night at Chaweng Beach in a bungalow - when the exchange rate was something like 12 to the CHF (now 37)

If I find a nice place to stay (obviously a bit more pricey nowadays ????) and when the weather is nice, we would surely consider this ferry service. For the experience. But on the net there are no precise informations - only a reference to a schedule to come. And I would be tremendously interested how much they would charge us for a hotel room like accomodation incl. transport of the car. We are not interested to sit in a chair like they have in a bus.

And then we will see.

5 hours ago, moogradod said:

Is Koh Samui worth a visit nowadays ?

But on the net there are no precise informations - only a reference to a schedule to come.

Yes.

Check their Facebook, schedule and prices are posted through the end of November and you can book via Line or FB.

8 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Yes.

Check their Facebook, schedule and prices are posted through the end of November and you can book via Line or FB.

Well if the internet is correct the Blue Dolphin arrived Sattahip on 30 OCT and has not moved anywhere since then?????

For@ HammerMan is  it sailing as your schedule or not.?

Edited by pontious

54 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If I was going to Samui, I would, along with many others. 

Once again, do you think this service will still be running 6 to 12 months from now? 

no guarantees in life. I think they will try and get it sorted, but too much red tape,

18 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I live in Bangkok and might visit Samui once every 2-3 years at best so it is not of interest to me. 

But you are their target market.  An "onboard experience" is for everyone, is it not?  ???? 

Considering these guys have invested a heck of a lot of money in to this I assume they have some business credentials.

Where were their business credentials on the first route?   What happened to their "business plan" on that route?  ????  

My question to you: why are so negative? Why are you picking apart every little word they use? Why does it bother you?

Not negative.  I just question their "business credentials."  They would not be the first people to come to Thailand with big money and big dreams, only to see the dream turn into a nightmare, and to lose a lot of money.

I am all for options and choice here, and for those that would use this service, I hope it survives, and wish them all the best, but in my opinion, I think it will struggle, thus, be unsustainable.