Seahorse Ferry

pontious

If this was my ship I think I would try and turn it into a gamboling party ship..

I think this would be waaaaaaaaaay more successful than the trip to Koh Samui......

Even the Pattaya to Hua Hin run I think would be better..

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

If this was my ship I think I would try and turn it into a gamboling party ship..

I think this would be waaaaaaaaaay more successful than the trip to Koh Samui......

Even the Pattaya to Hua Hin run I think would be better..

You should get with Leaver, the self proclaimed best Pattaya businessman never to have any skin in the game, so therefore has never failed. I'm sure he could make your idea a sure winner ????

Meanwhile in realty, hope the latest engine fixes are the last of ongoing issues and this gets off and running successfully soon

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 2:53 AM, HammerMan said:

I hear you.. I'd say we've reached make or break time already, although strangely there are some serious investors knocking on the door. Personally I see this as the last chance for this project, which has spanned many years to get this far and a substanial part of my savings.  

I appreciate your candid reply.

The question still remains, who, and for what purpose, did someone, or some entity,  lead investors down the golden path to losses, and big losses at that? 

At what stage do those investors start to think someone was either skimming off the project, or the project was simply a scam?

Now, given investors do have some considerable reserves of funds, and this project has bled a lot of money out of them, do you think they would now be suspicious, especially with some that have a little knowledge of Thailand?  

Once again, at what stage does someone who has taken a considerable amount of money from investors on this project, with not a sign of 1 baht return, start to look over over their shoulder?  Serious question. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

The question still remains, who, and for what purpose, did someone, or some entity,  lead investors down the golden path to losses, and big losses at that? 

At what stage do those investors start to think someone was either skimming off the project, or the project was simply a scam?

Now, given investors do have some considerable reserves of funds, and this project has bled a lot of money out of them, do you think they would now be suspicious, especially with some that have a little knowledge of Thailand?  

Once again, at what stage does someone who has taken a considerable amount of money from investors on this project, with not a sign of 1 baht return, start to look over over their shoulder?  Serious question. 

Maybe you could help get the business up and running, you certainly sound like an expert.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Well you do bring up one good point..... and that is the overhead to operate a ferry....

Why did they bail out from the Hua Hin Pattaya ferry route?.....

I will tell you why......

Because the overhead expenses were killing them.......

Even when the boats were not running all employees must still be paid, insurance still must be paid. maintenance must still happen   etc etc....

My point here is operating a ferry is very expensive...

So you're right about a very loooong return on investment....

When a engine part blows out, you don't just go to Home Pro and buy another one..........Nope... You have that part shipped in from overseas at great expense...The ongoing ferry cost are never ending....

So unless you have a Cherrie  and hugely popular route like the Pattaya Koh Larn run.......I think it is a risky busisness......

Edited by redwood1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, steve187 said:

the above excluding the food price have been available for some time - http://www.seahorse-ferries.com/Home/Home.aspx

Thank you. Looks nice ! There was even a menu posted before - but maybe you change that. I do not know your plans. Food is important, as is the availability of the higher class rooms. My wife and myself always travel together. Live in Sattahip.

Good luck for getting things going !

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Thank you. Looks nice ! There was even a menu posted before - but maybe you change that. I do not know your plans. Food is important, as is the availability of the higher class rooms. My wife and myself always travel together. Live in Sattahip.

Good luck for getting things going !

Be sure to book early.  There are not many rooms onboard. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The question is where to book ? On Line they don‘t confirm the trip on 9th february and tell that I should check the Facebook page for news. But there are no news. I doubt there will be a ferry on 9th february, or does anybody have other informations ?

41 minutes ago, RobCNX said:

The question is where to book ? On Line they don‘t confirm the trip on 9th february and tell that I should check the Facebook page for news. But there are no news. I doubt there will be a ferry on 9th february, or does anybody have other informations ?

So again a company that uses Facebook in its procedures as a must-have. May I give you the well-meant advice to reconsider that for not everybody likes/has Facebook and will not use it (like myself). A well maintained homepage which includes all the information in one place including a booking mechanism would be a far better choice. Every restaurant can do that so I guess it is not too difficult. But of course that is all up to you. Just a business promoting idea.

You keep on blaming others for delays, Hammerman. Dredging, fishing nets, safety inspections. If you had done your preparations well, none of it should have been a problem, or could all have been part of the equation.

2 hours ago, MarcelV said:

You keep on blaming others for delays, Hammerman. Dredging, fishing nets, safety inspections. If you had done your preparations well, none of it should have been a problem, or could all have been part of the equation.

Preparations......

Have you ever tried to run a business in Thailand?

I personally, could think of nothing worse!!! a total fluster cuck one would suspect.

• Thumbs Up 1