Seahorse Ferry

pontious

On 9/17/2022 at 3:49 AM, NickyLouie said:

There are rooms available and also Japanese type capsule hotel sleeping options, the chairs I think are included in the base ticket price where the others are upgrades.

Are there enough rooms for everyone who wants one? 

SPCruise jumped the gun and besides giving wrong information also gave wrong pricing.  Therefore to avoid further delays please note as follows.

1st sailing will be 7th Oct at 4pm from Chuksamet Sattahip and returning to Sattahip 10th Oct at 8am, this will be normal schedule except for 'long weekends' where the vessel will depart on the Thurs to maximize the weekend for passengers in Samui.

Pricing as follows:

Ticket & Accommodation   

•Passenger Ticket 2,900 THB/Pax (Adult Fare) 
-  2 yrs old and under (1:1 adult)          {FREE of CHARGE}
- Children over 2 - 15 yrs old 1,900 THB
- Over 15 yrs old -> Adult Fare
- Elderly (over 60 yrs of age) 5% discount (apply with Elder Card) 

•VIP Seat +500 THB
•Comfort Class +1,000 THB ****(Previously known as Capsule renamed)

•First Class (type 1) 9,000 THB /(type 2) 10,000 THB 
 [“Type1” —> fixed bed / “Type2” —> moveable bed]

•Suite  12,000 THB
•Premier  15,000 THB 

————

•Pet (up to 5kg) 500 THB    (~Future Project~)
 Vehicle Price List 

• Passenger Car (Up to 5.5m) 2,000 THB 
• Motorbike (Over 400cc) 1,500 THB 
• Motorbike (Under 400cc) 1,000 THB
•Boat/Motorcycle Trailer (up to 5m) 2,000 THB 
•Bicycle 100 THB

**Additional Length +300THB/Meter

***Fast Track for Vehicle +2,000 THB***

Bookings initially through The Seahorse Ferry "Line" or "Facebook" or at the Seahorse Office either in Bangkok or Sattahip Port Office. Full website and Samui Office to follow ASAP.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Geez, do you think this service might be competing with flying to Samui and renting a motorbike for 200 baht a day?

Yes, yes, I know, rocket science.  ???? 

You actually think touring bikers would equate flying and renting a 200+ /day POS scooter (or whatever- a BIG bike) with touring the country with their ride??? There are only two wheels spinning in your own wheelhouse perhaps?

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:21 PM, kuma said:

You actually think touring bikers would equate flying and renting a 200+ /day POS scooter (or whatever- a BIG bike) with touring the country with their ride??? There are only two wheels spinning in your own wheelhouse perhaps?

Samui is not that big of an island to "tour" but now you have expanded to "country."  So if it's about a bike tour of the country, why wouldn't you "bike tour" to the south and take your bike over on a ferry out of Surat Thani? 

In any case, how big is the "touring bikers" market that want want to use a ship for most of their "bike tour?"  ????

Also, the member said this ship was more targeting a market seeking "an onboard experience" but as the thread continues, we are now seeing "transport" seems to be a large part of the business model. 

On 9/26/2022 at 2:42 PM, HammerMan said:

SPCruise jumped the gun and besides giving wrong information also gave wrong pricing.  Therefore to avoid further delays please note as follows.

1st sailing will be 7th Oct at 4pm from Chuksamet Sattahip and returning to Sattahip 10th Oct at 8am, this will be normal schedule except for 'long weekends' where the vessel will depart on the Thurs to maximize the weekend for passengers in Samui.

Pricing as follows:

Ticket & Accommodation   

•Passenger Ticket 2,900 THB/Pax (Adult Fare) 
-  2 yrs old and under (1:1 adult)          {FREE of CHARGE}
- Children over 2 - 15 yrs old 1,900 THB
- Over 15 yrs old -> Adult Fare
- Elderly (over 60 yrs of age) 5% discount (apply with Elder Card) 

•VIP Seat +500 THB
•Comfort Class +1,000 THB ****(Previously known as Capsule renamed)

•First Class (type 1) 9,000 THB /(type 2) 10,000 THB 
 [“Type1” —> fixed bed / “Type2” —> moveable bed]

•Suite  12,000 THB
•Premier  15,000 THB 

————

•Pet (up to 5kg) 500 THB    (~Future Project~)
 Vehicle Price List 

• Passenger Car (Up to 5.5m) 2,000 THB 
• Motorbike (Over 400cc) 1,500 THB 
• Motorbike (Under 400cc) 1,000 THB
•Boat/Motorcycle Trailer (up to 5m) 2,000 THB 
•Bicycle 100 THB

**Additional Length +300THB/Meter

***Fast Track for Vehicle +2,000 THB***

Bookings initially through The Seahorse Ferry "Line" or "Facebook" or at the Seahorse Office either in Bangkok or Sattahip Port Office. Full website and Samui Office to follow ASAP.

How much for a beer onboard? 

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Depends on how many want one... lol... according to your ridiculous initial question! 

Why is my question ridiculous?

Another member posted some time ago that there were not many.  If that is the case, I guess those that want a room will have to book quite far in advance, or accept a lower class of accommodation.

Perhaps HammerMan can confirm how many rooms are onboard. 

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Why is my question ridiculous?

Another member posted some time ago that there were not many.  If that is the case, I guess those that want a room will have to book quite far in advance, or accept a lower class of accommodation.

Perhaps HammerMan can confirm how many rooms are onboard. 

Its refered to as "being sold out". Whats your point!! 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:08 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nice bar.

The girl on the right wearing my dad's shoes looks lonely. 

Screenshot_2022-09-12-18-06-03-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Premier Room, good price, looks good. 

I reckon it would be a cheap holiday away with a special friend.

A few evening drink and a meal, then off to the love shack for dessert. 

Slide the single beds together and make the magic happen. ❤️

IMG_20220928_115232.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I'm simply asking how many rooms does this ship have for passengers?  Do you know? 

Pattaya news says 15, which seem to include the sleeping capsules

"total of 15 rooms, categorized into 5 room types: Premier, Suite, First Class, Comfort, and Capsule"

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/11/the-blue-dolphin-ferry-successfully-launches-its-first-route-of-pattaya-samui-on-saturday/

9 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Are you suggesting the price of beer onboard 'could' determine whether or not you use the ferry?

Well, HammerMan stated the ship was all about, and I quote, "an onboard experience." 

I would think the price of food & beverage could have an effect on many people's "onboard experience."  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Pattaya news says 15, which seem to include the sleeping capsules

"total of 15 rooms, categorized into 5 room types: Premier, Suite, First Class, Comfort, and Capsule"

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/11/the-blue-dolphin-ferry-successfully-launches-its-first-route-of-pattaya-samui-on-saturday/

So most passengers onboard do not get a room. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Premier Room, good price, looks good. 

I reckon it would be a cheap holiday away with a special friend.

A few evening drink and a meal, then off to the love shack for dessert. 

Slide the single beds together and make the magic happen. ❤️

IMG_20220928_115232.jpg

Another member has posted there are only 15 rooms onboard. 

Your screen shot shows three different types of rooms.  I do not count the "comfort room" which does not have beds. 

That's 5 rooms for each style, and if you are not prepared to pay 17,000 baht for the suite room, there's only 10 rooms available to you.

Book well in advance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Another member has posted there are only 15 rooms onboard. 

Your screen shot shows three different types of rooms.  I do not count the "comfort room" which does not have beds. 

That's 5 rooms for each style, and if you are not prepared to pay 17,000 baht for the suite room, there's only 10 rooms available to you.

Book well in advance. 

Sad when a troll tries so hard and can't even hook anyone - there I threw you a sympathy acknowledgment, see if you can wring 8 replies out of it. Then take the advice of your sage handle and leave....cheers

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Well, HammerMan stated the ship was all about, and I quote, "an onboard experience." 

I would think the price of food & beverage could have an effect on many people's "onboard experience."  

You never answered my question.

6 hours ago, kuma said:

Sad when a troll tries so hard and can't even hook anyone - there I threw you a sympathy acknowledgment, see if you can wring 8 replies out of it. Then take the advice of your sage handle and leave....cheers

How is my post a troll post?

Some may be prepared to spent 17,000 baht a night, but I would suggest most would not.  For those that would not, there are only 10 rooms on the ship available. 

By all means, take the ship to Samui, but if you want a room, be sure to book well in advance, otherwise, you will end up sleeping in a chair. 

Is this not fact, as opposed to troll? 

24 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Well what do you expect, it's a ferry service, not a cruise liner. Unrealistic expectations yet again

That's exactly my point, aussiexpat. 

When I mentioned this route was in competition with Bangkok Airways, HammerMan said, no, it's about the "onboard experience."  Photos of the bar were also posted. 

As more information is forthcoming, we are seeing this service is more about "transport" than an "onboard experience" or "cruise." 

With so few rooms available, one can spend hours in a chair on a "ferry" as opposed to a "cruise ship", or spend an hour in a chair on a flight and be sitting on a chair on Chaweng Beach Samui within an hour after landing, for a cheaper price.

Comments have been made about being able to take a vehicle, but that's the expat market, not tourists.

I asked what market this service is targeting, no reply. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If.its not found online on Utube or a forum the boy knows Sweet fa. Yet to hear anecdotal factual eg CC or new openings.Its a form of entertainment tho.

Another member posted there are 15 rooms onboard.  I didn't cross check it. 

If that is incorrect, how many room onboard do you say there are? 

You keep playing the poster, not the post, which shows your ignorance. 

Edited by Leaver

So.. finally Seahorse/SPCruise admitted defeat as booking system etc.. only starting today/tomorrow and too late to attract sufficient passengers, so changed start date to Thurs 13th sailing from Sattahip and return to Sattahip Mon 17th.. main reason for delay is the payment links with the banks.. 

• Thanks 1