No Foreign transfers out of Thailand “Bangkok Bank” for Non Thais.

Was this told to you by an employee of Bangkok Bank or is this a new policy which can be verified with some official documents / on their website etc? It does seem rather an extreme policy, hence I wonder how you know about it?

• Like 2

yesterday an overseas payment was taken from my account and I have a few that come out regularly, where did this info come from as it appears to not be the case if payments are still being taken from my Bangkok bank account

• Thai nationals and foreigners who use Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking can make an overseas transfer without applying for the service and registering recipients in advance.
  • You can make an overseas transfer during 8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. on the Bank’s business days.
  • The maximum transfer limit is 1,500,000  baht per transaction per day (This is a combined the limit for international funds transfers made via Bualuang iBanking and Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking).
  • Bangkok Bank will apply its “Selling Rate - TT” at the time you confirm the transaction.
  • The international funds transfers service complies with official from the Bank of Thailand, AMLO Office and the Bank may require additional information from you.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Out-of-Thailand/IFT-mB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

Was this told to you by an employee of Bangkok Bank or is this a new policy which can be verified with some official documents / on their website etc? It does seem rather an extreme policy, hence I wonder how you know 

41 minutes ago, DrJoy said:
  • Thai nationals and foreigners who use Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking can make an overseas transfer without applying for the service and registering recipients in advance.
  • You can make an overseas transfer during 8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. on the Bank’s business days.
  • The maximum transfer limit is 1,500,000  baht per transaction per day (This is a combined the limit for international funds transfers made via Bualuang iBanking and Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking).
  • Bangkok Bank will apply its “Selling Rate - TT” at the time you confirm the transaction.
  • The international funds transfers service complies with official from the Bank of Thailand, AMLO Office and the Bank may require additional information from you.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Out-of-Thailand/IFT-mB

Walk into a Bangkok Bank today and try to send money out of Thailand from Your Bangkok bank of you have one. Not allowed by foreign nationals. Had my payment refused yesterday Head office rang my wife this morning to confirm it’s no longer allowed.