Long term covered parking

cliveuk

Where do you normally park it when in town?  Does your house or condo not have any covered parking?  If it is covered where you normally park it, then just arrange a ride into BKK.  Plenty of Mini-Vans that make the trip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

6000 bht....????

That's exactly what I was thinking, and then will it start up on the return with it sitting unused.  I know my Motorbike will, but my car needs to be on a trickle charger if I am not using the APP for my MG HS I-smart to start it every few days.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Book it in for a service, tell them you'll pick it up in a month ????

You could always try the same as that story doi g the rounds, get a loan from pawn shop, keep the car as collateral, go back in a month, give em the money back, collect the car. ????

(Meant in fun)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

6000 bht....????

So? It hardly expensive for a large National international airport if you want convenience and a safe place to park.  Others are suggesting a van or private car from Pattaya to BKK and that truly doesn't make any sense financially if cost is the issue. There is nothing better than arriving after a 10 hour flight and only walking a few meters to your own car to drive home. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

So? It hardly expensive for a large National international airport if you want convenience and a safe place to park.  Others are suggesting a van or private car from Pattaya to BKK and that truly doesn't make any sense financially if cost is the issue. There is nothing better than arriving after a 10 hour flight and only walking a few meters to your own car to drive home. 

Yeh but, you're a well off guy.....????.......????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

Okay.  The OP never said that cost was the overriding  issue.  If it is, then  I'm  out of the discussion.  

As I posted before, I help a guy out, it saves him money and his ride is safe, plus if it doesn't start, I can start it....????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, and then will it start up on the return with it sitting unused.  I know my Motorbike will, but my car needs to be on a trickle charger if I am not using the APP for my MG HS I-smart to start it every few days.

I think they have staff that will jumpstart your car, they did for my mate.

• Like 1

I have always thought this would be a great business idea, long term parking for cars and bikes, rent a shed somewhere, secure parking, regular maintenance/starting etc, transport to/from airport, have it washed and ready for a return date.

I have undercover parking at my condo but often return to a flat battery, dirty, etc. And the condo office often has a clean out (starts charging for) cars parked longer than a year

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:50 PM, Doctor Tom said:

nothing better ? - you obviously haven't visited foxy chix a go-go then ...

On 4/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, ThailandRyan said:

tek the leads off the battery !!!!!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 11:41 AM, transam said:

6000 bht....????

I checked in to a hotel, parked the car, came back 3 weeks later, 2 100,- baht

Called the hotel before booking, and made a deal

Edited by Hummin

On 4/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, Doctor Tom said:

There is nothing better than arriving after a 10 hour flight and only walking a few meters to your own car to drive home.

Getting off a 10 hour flight as drunk as a skunk and unable to spell car let alone drive one sounds better to me.

• Haha 1