One teen dead, three others injured after sedan crashes into a motorbike sidecar in the Pattaya area

webfact

S__21184807-1-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – One teenage woman was pronounced dead at the scene while three other teenagers have sustained injuries after a sedan crashed into a motorbike sidecar in Banglamung last night (April 13th).

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 8:00 P.M. on a road near the Mapprachan Reservoir in the Pong sub-district.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The first response teams arrived at the scene to find the damaged sedan on the side of the road. The driver, who had sustained serious injuries, had already been taken to a local hospital. The driver was not identified by relevant agencies.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/14/one-teen-dead-three-others-injured-after-sedan-crashes-into-a-motorbike-sidecar-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

quote -No witnesses saw the accident but people nearby heard the loud crash. According to local residents this road was very dark which is believed to be one of the factors that caused the accident.

speeding - drunk - phone use, take your pick - maybe all 3

a young teenager is dead

RIP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

He was probably on/checking his phone.......we'll likely never know but when accidents like this happen (and many of late), there is a VERY good chance he was.

Who is 'He'? the driver of the sedan has not been identified. 

I believe the road is unlit, and even in daytime I find it a bit dodgy with samlors etc going the wrong way..... also possible it was lacking lights. 

• Like 1

also doesnt help when the bikes/side cars do not have tail lights, the police really need to come down hard on  the BS lack of tailights by bikes as it is almost impossible to see them on dark roads at night especally when the riders are dressed in dark clothes. The car may well have been speeding but no tail lights on the bike would be a big part of the crash as well and where abouts on the road was the bike for the car to hit the side car, would have had to be in the middle of the road maybe the bike rider was off their face as well or clowing around

Edited by seajae
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, hotchilli said:

Looking at the sedan I think speed was a major factor.

If the police enforced the law there wouldn't be any sidecars, which are menaces in themselves. I despise those living rooms on wheels which usually don't have any indicator of their actual width at night making them rolling caskets.

9 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I despise those living rooms on wheels which usually don't have any indicator of their actual width at night making them rolling caskets.

Rather harsh when it's the only affordable option for many thousands to manage their business.

I do agree however they should enforce lighting, including on motorcycles which have failed to fit a replacement bulb when one fails.

Reducing the value of ones life to that of the price of a bulb seems a no-brainer, but here it's not the cost, it's pure laziness.