Tested positive for covid what now?

mrmicbkktxl

I've just tested positive myself this morning. Had a bit of a sleepless night Friday with a cough.

Now it's a deep dry cough, with slight headache. No sore throat or other symptoms.

Vaccinated 2 x AZ and 1 x Pfizer booster on  26th December.

Didn't catch it when everyone else in our household had it a couple of months ago.

Will now stay at home for a week or until test negative.

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Is amoxillin a must take or only if the nose not stops running?For now I'm ok with Paracetamol only

Don't take any antibiotics. You don't say how old you are: I ask only because I suspect risk of you being carted off to hospital or whatever will be much higher if a) you are over 60 and b) you disclose your diabetes. And of course you're foreign so there may be an assumption that you're more likely to be able to pay for incarceration.

Otherwise just stay at home. I had it in September last year (after 2 x AZ) so I guess it was Delta. Runny nose and a bit of a sore throat, and sense of taste/smell affected for a couple of days. I didn't tell anyone official (despite my wife telling me I should), just stayed at home. 

A pulse oximeter is quite useful for checking your O2 stats although I don't know how accurate they are (buy on Lazada or whatever for a few hundred baht). I checked my O2 saturation 3-4 times a day.

Curiously I did my annual medical about 3 weeks after getting it and the chest x-ray apparently showed I had 'opacities' from Covid. They got quite excited and insisted on checking O2 saturation at rest and after exercise ... 100% for both, and resting pulse at 56 bpm. Also I'm usually borderline anaemic ... but not this year! And my cholesterol was back in the green as well. So, maybe it was a 'Covid clear out' of the system. Who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Traveling oversea that's the point,I need the 2nd Moderna shot because with 2 x Sinopharm and 1 x Moderna they will tell me in Europe I'm not fully vaccinated

Are you sure about that?

According to the info on the COVID Passport website linked to below, all vaccines with WHO emergency use listing (which includes SinoPharm) should now be accepted for travel.

“Member States should reopen systematically to those vaccinated with vaccines having completed the WHO emergency use listing process, in addition to reopening to those vaccinated with EU-approved vaccines as is the case today.”

This recommendation is due to apply from January 10th, 2022.

Which COVID-19 vaccines are accepted for travel to Europe?

• Like 1

If you go to a clinic, you run the risk of being hauled off to quarantine. You should not need to go unless you develop breathing difficulties. Stop smoking, at least until you are clear.

Antibiotics are useless against COVID, it's a virus. Anti-virals may help, if your wife can obtain them. Favipiravir is the most common.

Self-isolate, and test yourself every 2-3 days with an ATK. Don't come out of isolation until the ATK is negative.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Don't take any antibiotics. You don't say how old you are: I ask only because I suspect risk of you being carted off to hospital or whatever will be much higher if a) you are over 60 and b) you disclose your diabetes. And of course you're foreign so there may be an assumption that you're more likely to be able to pay for incarceration.

Otherwise just stay at home. I had it in September last year (after 2 x AZ) so I guess it was Delta. Runny nose and a bit of a sore throat, and sense of taste/smell affected for a couple of days. I didn't tell anyone official (despite my wife telling me I should), just stayed at home. 

A pulse oximeter is quite useful for checking your O2 stats although I don't know how accurate they are (buy on Lazada or whatever for a few hundred baht). I checked my O2 saturation 3-4 times a day.

Curiously I did my annual medical about 3 weeks after getting it and the chest x-ray apparently showed I had 'opacities' from Covid. They got quite excited and insisted on checking O2 saturation at rest and after exercise ... 100% for both, and resting pulse at 56 bpm. Also I'm usually borderline anaemic ... but not this year! And my cholesterol was back in the green as well. So, maybe it was a 'Covid clear out' of the system. Who knows.

58,cholesterol 180,glucose 6.7

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If you go to a clinic, you run the risk of being hauled off to quarantine. You should not need to go unless you develop breathing difficulties. Stop smoking, at least until you are clear.

Antibiotics are useless against COVID, it's a virus. Anti-virals may help, if your wife can obtain them. Favipiravir is the most common.

Self-isolate, and test yourself every 2-3 days with an ATK. Don't come out of isolation until the ATK is negative.

Yeah,that's my plan

11 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

...We are both vaccinated me 2xSinopharm and 1 xModerna,my wife 2x Sinovac,1x Astra Zeneca and 1x Moderna

Now what?

After recovery, you have a stronger protection against Covid-19 than you had before.

If thinking about a further booster in the future, I personally would wait with it at least four months after recovery, unless an earlier vaccination were needed to have a valid vaccination certificate for country I needed to travel to.

Some of the medications the Thai government are using for those with Covid are pretty questionable anyway.

Stay home and get well yourself.  You could get some Fathalaijone, ฟ้าทะลายโจร, at the pharmacy if you wanted.  It's an herb.  Very bitter if you taste some of it directly.

In some places it is called "the king of bitters".  

King of bitters facts | Health Benefits (healthbenefitstimes.com)

Edited by rwill
  • Thanks 1

If you think you have Covid with mild symptoms then of course self isolate.  If you get more serious symptoms then seek medical help. 
You also seem to have a lot of questions regarding boosters, medicines, traveling, etc.  You need to get those types of answers from a medical professional.  You will be getting more confused by different opinions.  

Depends where you live I suppose. I'm in Buriram 20km from town in a village. Got tested positive 3 days ago. Had to go to a local government clinic for retest. positive again- next day they sent me to the local hospital for a chest X ray. They told me to quarantine at home, the local nurse dropped off my medication and some monitoring kit. Have to report my temperature and blood oxygen level twice a day. We get cooked meals delivered twice a day too. All free of charge. It may work differently in other provinces.

• Like 1

Lots of my wifes family have had covid and the first thing they do is the next morning race off at 5am to the hospital and get a bag of covid medication (i am sure its paracetamol and cough medicine)

They all say you need this its very important.

<deleted> that feel like <deleted> and race off at 5am to queue for some paracetamol 

If i end up with covid which they say everyone will get eventually, 

I will be staying in getting the ps4 fired up .

Most people say around 5 days and they are fine.

Edited by kwak250
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

if I stop smoking too then all the fun things are gone,hmm I know smokers never short with excuses

If you don't stop smoking and being diabetic you have a much higher chance of amputation due to gangrene.

Happened to a friend of mine in Pattaya, cut off his foot initially but wouldn't heal so cut off below the knee. Still problems so cut off at the thigh, after about 4 years lost the will to live and died a couple of years ago.

I don't see much fun in that.

• Like 1

I cant believe an adult is posting this nonsense. You tested positive, you have mild symptoms, you self isolate at home, you get better. End of. What is the reason you need to come on a forum posting instead of using common sense.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

special Covid 19 medication

Just get paracetamol (Tylenol),plenty of food and water, and subscription to Netflix.

Self isolate.

Your wife probably has it also.

There's nothing else you can do.  

Out entire family got it two weeks ago.  Very mild although we all still have persistent coughs.

Fata Jones and some other bone headed herbal remedy being offered (some MP is profiteering).

Lay low.  You don't want them sticking you into some private hospital where your going to be charged hundreds of thousands of baht to lay in there bed and take paracetamol.

We've all recovered.

Make sure you have ATK tests to update your situation..  Day 8 we were all testing negative.

be careful Pharmacies are making squillions from this yesterday my wife had a bit of a fever sore throat . i went  to the local pharmacy strepsils and some paracetamol..700 baht for something i could have bought at 7/11  for 80 baht Scam time Farang price perhaps   

On 4/17/2022 at 9:49 AM, HampiK said:

My guess is, that you should go to a doctor. Else you can't hold on a document, that you had covid.

When there will be a test in the near future than it could be that it shows you have/had covid.. and then this document is important, that you can prove you had covid before and this the reason your tests show positiv...

Wait and see what others answer....

I second that....going through similar situation, after having symptoms last week, did a ATK at home, +. Overall, it was mild but went to the hospital do get RT-PCR test to confirm and have it official. Going to EU next month, important to have this in your records and having a certificate. There is always a possibility that you turn up positive for the foreseeable future, even if already recovered.

With mild cases, we are no longer required to stay in hospital quarantine. Otherwise, I would not have gone to the hospital to get the test.

The way things are right now, if you are having only mild symptoms, it is up to each individual case and choice. 

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Anti-virals are good, if taken in the first few days of infection, they are little use after then.

On 4/17/2022 at 4:34 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

2xSinopharm and 1 xModerna,my wife 2x Sinovac,1x Astra Zeneca and 1x Moderna

Now what?

Sinopharm doesn't work.

With only 1 efficient vaccine for you there is hardly any protection.

Your wife got better chances instead.

And more than Paracetamol is not necessary 3x 1000mg.

No need for Hospital.

On 4/17/2022 at 2:54 AM, JackGats said:

Had it recently. Was having a cold, did a self-test, 2 red stripes, did 2 more tests to confirm.

8 days later, back to one stripe.

I could have missed it if I hadn't had some unused tests in my luggage. Was like a cold, no temperature, no loss of appetite, some sore throat, felt tired.

Recovery certificate? What for? If you need a paper better get a booster shot a few weeks down the line.

Recovery paper for if you're going to travel and turn a + test for pre travel PCR test ( less frequently required now ).

Something that has been recommended following medical research is Symbicort (articles in The Lancet I think).

Otherwise if you're getting a booster days after an infection I'd try to get the half-dose. Might be easier said than done though.

Screenshot_20220418-130823_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

4 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Recovery paper for if you're going to travel and turn a + test for pre travel PCR test ( less frequently required now ).

You mean the recovery paper would allow you to travel even if your required PCR test was positive? I didn't know that.

Edited by JackGats
Grammar

24 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Something that has been recommended following medical research is Symbicort (articles in The Lancet I think).

Otherwise if you're getting a booster days after an infection I'd try to get the half-dose. Might be easier said than done though.

Screenshot_20220418-130823_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

it's a steroid. So as the last resource, when cant breath. Strictly with doctors recommendation, not just because lung infection.

Steroids do have strong side effects