Tested positive for covid what now?

mrmicbkktxl

16 minutes ago, internationalism said:

yes, for 90 days after recovery you are cleared even with a positive pcr.

So even after my antigen tests turn negative there's a risk of my being positive on a PCR? Scary. Luckily EU countries do not require a pre-boarding test on flights from TH right now I think.

yes, recovery certificate is only important on entering thailand, which still checks pcr on entry.

With certificate is not scary anymore.

There is also a remote possibility, that in the future certificate will replace pcr/atk on entry - for those, who have them. That was and is a case on entry to some other countries. Yet before vaxes times, Iceland was allowing entry just with certificate issued within a year

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

So even after my antigen tests turn negative there's a risk of my being positive on a PCR? Scary. Luckily EU countries do not require a pre-boarding test on flights from TH right now I think.

In short yes.  But the US CDC says up to 90 days one can test positive on a PCR.  I believe in some cases beyond 90 days.  Also, the US CDC will accept a Coviid Recovery Certificate up to 90 days since infection.  I recently recovered myself and I am planning on a trip to the US in about 4 months.  At this point I do not need a recovery certificate and the US will accept an Anti-gen test from a clinic or hospital.  If a covid test is still required for US entry I plan on getting an anti-gen test for the trip.  

• Like 1

Neighbors daughter tested positive for corvid. Every night one of her friends rolls up on a scooter bringing her food. They meet at the gate and talk for about 15 minutes.  Sharing a cold drink. Passing it back and forth drinking from the same straw. Apparently you can't get corvid from a straw. Who knew? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's a steroid. So as the last resource, when cant breath. Strictly with doctors recommendation, not just because lung infection.

Steroids do have strong side effects

The study was about Pulmicort spray, not Symbicort. Very different medications. 

Pulmicort is indeed a steroid.  In the study,  it was not used as a last resort,  it was used as a first line drug. (You confuse it with dexamethasone which is used systemically in severe cases. Pulmicort is an asthma spray)

Pulmicort should indeed only be used with a doctor's recommendation.  But otherwise healthy patients would not expect strong side effects from a week of Pulmicort (the patients in the study took it about a week).

3 to 4 months after a Covid infection for a booster. You are panicking. If you’re very unwell and afraid , call the clinic. They will keep you for 10 days or send you home to 10 days comfortably. Only take paracetamol unless you have medical problems that don’t advise it.  Test yourself every 2/3 days with different test brands.: When do you need to travel abroad ? My friend had Covid and one month after testing negative he did 2 PCR  a few days apart and there was nothing. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 10:25 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

Are you sure about that?

According to the info on the COVID Passport website linked to below, all vaccines with WHO emergency use listing (which includes SinoPharm) should now be accepted for travel.

Which COVID-19 vaccines are accepted for travel to Europe?

"Three other COVID-19 vaccines are recognized by only certain European countries: Covishield, Sinopharm, and Sinovac. These three have been recognized by the World Health Organization for emergency use.

Currently, not every country in Europe recognizes the validity of these COVID-19 vaccines for travel."

On 4/18/2022 at 4:42 AM, MrJ2U said:

Just get paracetamol (Tylenol),plenty of food and water, and subscription to Netflix.

Self isolate.

Your wife probably has it also.

There's nothing else you can do.  

Out entire family got it two weeks ago.  Very mild although we all still have persistent coughs.

Fata Jones and some other bone headed herbal remedy being offered (some MP is profiteering).

Lay low.  You don't want them sticking you into some private hospital where your going to be charged hundreds of thousands of baht to lay in there bed and take paracetamol.

We've all recovered.

Make sure you have ATK tests to update your situation..  Day 8 we were all testing negative.

Crazy thing is my wife still tests negative,I tested positive on April 16th,her company don't want she comes to work even she is negative

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Crazy thing is my wife still tests negative,I tested positive on April 16th,her company don't want she comes to work even she is negative

Probably want to wait until your clear and testing negative.

The contagious stage is usually last 6 days from symptoms arising.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/how-long-is-omicrons-contagious-period/

Our entire family had it.  It took about 12 days to feel completely normal.  Still two of us have irritating coughs though.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, BTB1977 said:

Neighbors daughter tested positive for corvid. Every night one of her friends rolls up on a scooter bringing her food. They meet at the gate and talk for about 15 minutes.  Sharing a cold drink. Passing it back and forth drinking from the same straw. Apparently you can't get corvid from a straw. Who knew? 

....Or just chatting away through the fence with others.

It's just the way it is here.

Our entire family just got it around the 5th of April.  We're all recovered and it was very mild.

I'm kinda glad we got it over with to build on the immunity of our vaccines.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:50 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

"Three other COVID-19 vaccines are recognized by only certain European countries: Covishield, Sinopharm, and Sinovac. These three have been recognized by the World Health Organization for emergency use.

Currently, not every country in Europe recognizes the validity of these COVID-19 vaccines for travel."

That was the situation when that article was written, as of December 22, 2021. In the same article, it said all EU member countries should recognise all three of them by January 22, 2022.

So depending on which country you're going to, there would appear to be a good chance SinoPharm is recognised.

Also, some countries don't have any restrictions on who can travel there any more - including (but not limited to) the UK, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Moldova, Norway, Slovenia and Sweden. I would imagine more countries will be dropping restrictions as time goes by. 

Here's a list of all the countries with no CoVid-19 entry restrictions.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries-without-any-travel-restrictions-or-entry-requirements

Edited by GroveHillWanderer