60 day Tourist Visa from Canberra Embassy then 30 Day Extension in Thailand

I haven't been to Thailand for 2 and a half years, so I am a bit out of touch.

I would like to come to Thailand for 85 days and book my flight showing this.

Would the Canberra Embassy issue me a 60 day TV when the flights clearly showing intention of me returning in 85 days? Basically I would do the 60 days and then go to my local immigration and get a 30 day extension for 1900 baht. 

Would that work?

Thanks ubonjoe, I just noticed it says this too:

Confirmed accommodation in Thailand under the applicant’s name.

I think I might be moving around a bit. Is the first night in a quarantine hotel enough? Or do I need more. But I don't know where I will be travelling as yet.

5 hours ago, bmanly said:

Thanks ubonjoe, I just noticed it says this too:

Confirmed accommodation in Thailand under the applicant’s name.

I think I might be moving around a bit. Is the first night in a quarantine hotel enough? Or do I need more. But I don't know where I will be travelling as yet.

I'll be interested to see any answer to this as well as we do stay in hotels but vast majority of the time spent at wife's house in Khon Kaen province.

Edited by bluejets

I have recently been issued a 60 day tourist visa, having initially applied for a 90 day which was denied due to no confirmed accommodation. My initial application showed 90 day return flight. Therefore, I assume they are not interested in the return flight details. I provided 1 night quarantine hotel details and my gf’s address for the remainder. I will extend by 30 days at local immigration as I have done prior to Convid. If you are staying in hotels during your stay they are responsible for informing immigration of your location, but remember to let the local immigration know if you’re staying at a private address asap otherwise you/owner may be fined. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kal I Sin its fun said:

I have recently been issued a 60 day tourist visa, having initially applied for a 90 day which was denied due to no confirmed accommodation. My initial application showed 90 day return flight. Therefore, I assume they are not interested in the return flight details. 

OK, that's helpful. So I don't need to send my flight details by the looks of what you have mentioned. Plus the website doesn't ask for it. Seems weird as 3 years ago I had to have much more paperwork including flights for the TV. Has it been relaxed maybe?

On 4/19/2022 at 4:27 PM, bmanly said:

OK, that's helpful. So I don't need to send my flight details by the looks of what you have mentioned. Plus the website doesn't ask for it. Seems weird as 3 years ago I had to have much more paperwork including flights for the TV. Has it been relaxed maybe?

Only the arrival flight is needed for Thailand Pass, as when I applied for 90 day via embassy in London I supplied arrival and departure flights as they were on the same ticket. Seems they ignore the return as I was not required to resubmit any docs when they advised only 60 day permitted and issued. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I received my 60 day TV from The Embassy in Canberra today. Postage and processing took 11 days in total. Allow 3 weeks if you live rural just to be safe.

All I needed was the bio page of passport copy, an email confirming accommodation, a bank statement, return self addressed registered envelope, $60 AUD and as an extra I put in a copy of my flights as well which were exactly 60 days from in to out. Was a painless exercise.

Bought FWD covid insurance for 1,050 baht  to cover the 60 days. Applied for the Thai Pass and was approved in 7.5 Hours. The Thai Pass took about 15 minutes to complete, change all documents to jpeg and upload and all will be well as long as everything matches, all good, cheers.

• Thanks 1