Songkran Road Accidents Drop This Year

snoop1130

1416.png

BANGKOK, April 18 (TNA) – According to this year’s figures, there were 1,917 traffic accidents, 1,869 injured people and 278 dead victims during the government’s seven-day road safety campaign during the Songkran holiday, five per cent down from the figures reported annually in the past three year on average, said Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittprapat, a deputy police chief.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The five-per cent decline was satisfactory and met the target of the Royal Thai Police Bureau. The same measures will be adopted to reduce road accidents effectively during the long holidays, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-925186

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-04-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

How many of the injured subsequently died?

The published fatality figures for road accident victems in Thialnd only cound those dead at the scene of an accident and do not include any who subsequently die after being removed from the scene of the accident!

I really wonder what the "true" figures are!

As I've already stated sometime today, not sure where, COVID-19 & high fuel prices kept most people at home so not as many cars on the road as there usually would be, I bet a pinch of salt to a pound of s***e next year will break all previous records ???? 

Edited by Golden Triangle

44 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The five-per cent decline was satisfactory and met the target of the Royal Thai Police Bureau. The same measures will be adopted to reduce road accidents effectively during the long holidays, he said.

But not the rest of the time? What a very sad state of affairs.????

poor information this year... No provincial totals, no compare with last year, totally uncontrollable by the people..... So as with he Covid we must believe it or not and I choose the last one.... with 25.000 people dying in Thailand in traffic accidents a year is 68 a day.. On the dangerous days there are only 40 a day so even less than a normal day... Why does it called than dangerous days???

• Like 1