COVID Won’t Be Endemic on July 1

snoop1130

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

No. It is foreigner. That is infinitely more polite. Or expat. There is nothing polite about farang. It means not us. It means outsider. Even for those of us who have lived here for ages, and support the nation on many levels, we will always be outsiders here. That is a deficiency within Thai society. And that does not bother me. But the term is getting annoying. 

I concur... after many years here it still irritates when I hear a young child say.. "mummy mummy look... farang" 

Thailand is half a century behind other multi racial countries.

But then we all know, Thailand wants foreign know-how and investment, but definitely not people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wealthychef said:

All politicians are clowns.   That's their job, to distract you and fool you. 

That's very true. But real politicians probably in any country are full of corruption and have the brains and intelligence to hide it where this unelected soldier and his generals do not.

Please look at the number of states in the United States with mask mandates. 

Covid 19 mask mandates by state

Oh, look, the number is ZERO. 

And now in the US the public transport masking mandate (airlines in particular) has been lifted. 

But the virus in Thailand is totally different, right? Let's see if we can re-invent the wheel in Thai characteristics....

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

That's very true. But real politicians probably in any country are full of corruption and have the brains and intelligence to hide it where this unelected soldier and his generals do not.

Yes, politicians are alike everywhere.  Their job is literally to lie to you, and they don't even hide it any more.  I have not noticed elections having that much difference on the quality of leadership.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Please look at the number of states in the United States with mask mandates. 

Covid 19 mask mandates by state

Oh, look, the number is ZERO. 

And now in the US the public transport masking mandate (airlines in particular) has been lifted. 

But the virus in Thailand is totally different, right? Let's see if we can re-invent the wheel in Thai characteristics....

What the USA does, after allowing over a million people to die from Covid, should have no impact on Thailand! Strikes me they are an example not to follow. I recall seeing Sky News reports from Texas early in the pandemic thinking 'these folks are their own worst enemy! (Not to mention the rantings at the top post!)

17 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

Have to admit i thought July 1st would be a green light go situation, doesn't look like thats going to be the case now.

If they don't open up without restrictions by High Season there's obviously a 'dark' reason for it.

Maybe that they want to align with China ? Also it is a well known fact that certain Thai elite are not fond of falangs and would like to turn the clock back 50 years . One thing for certain here in Thailand is that you cannot follow logic , can never assume or take anything for granted . Money means everything with the rich getting richer at the expense of the common people . 

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I concur... after many years here it still irritates when I hear a young child say.. "mummy mummy look... farang" 

Thailand is half a century behind other multi racial countries.

But then we all know, Thailand wants foreign know-how and investment, but definitely not people.

I am not sure if the Thai people feel that way. I don't get any hatred from the people. Indifference at worst. Warmth and friendliness at best. I consider many Thai people to be pleasant and fun to be around. The exact opposite of life in the US, where it seems the majority of "my own people" are sour, bitter, frustrated, disenfranchised and unfulfilled. 

I think the hatred and disdain emanates from this spectacularly toxic regime. I think they hate us. And I don't care one iota. Means very little to me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I would not have killed them for that.... same in UK....  I do not deny obesity and I believe diabetes put you at very high risk in the early variants.  

42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would not have killed them for that.... same in UK....  I do not deny obesity and I believe diabetes put you at very high risk in the early variants.  

If not for that then something else: I'm surprised most of these people were still walking around in the first place. Obesity is very directly related to diabetes and 

hypertension,

A post containing content from the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Some more off topic posts about the 2019 election have been removed.