Electric Vehicles in Thailand

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Almost correct, let me correct you

Chinese MG and its sales pitch is an honest approach to sell an excellent and an inexpensive Chinese car

"Since 1924".........................????

Stirling Moss is probably turning in his grave.............????

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

A service schedule is not "needs" work, Ralphy, it is a planned routine, so do try and keep up with this motoring stuff, I know it can be confusing, like buying stuff off the shelf......................:clap2:..................????

You should be clearer with what you post.

but yeah like most cars if you service them as per service schedule they should be reliable.

Pre China MG's are not though !!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ralf001 said:

You should be clearer with what you post.

but yeah like most cars if you service them as per service schedule they should be reliable.

Pre China MG's are not though !!

What year and model did you have.............?

The last real MG was delivered in 1980, after that, British Leyland used the MG badge they owned, on their cars that were hopped up a bit.

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Indeed, I did say that.

If Geely hadn't bought Volvo, I very much doubt they would be making EV's today.  They would probably still be making big heavy tanks for older drivers.  And MG would be making cars that break down all the time.

Volvo are as much Swedish and MG are British as BYD are American (Warren Buffet).

And yet both the Rover 75 and the MG version MG ZT are still sought after classic cars 18 years after the last car left the production line

https://classicsworld.co.uk/guides/rover-75-buyers-guide/

And received multiple Awards and accolades spanning a period from 1999-2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_75

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And yet both the Rover 75 and the MG version MG ZT are still sought after classic cars 18 years after the last car left the production line

https://classicsworld.co.uk/guides/rover-75-buyers-guide/

And received multiple Awards and accolades spanning a period from 1999-2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_75

They designed some great cars, the Rover SD1 for example.

The problem wasn't their design, it was the execution of their design that was their downfall.

12 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

They designed some great cars, the Rover SD1 for example.

The problem wasn't their design, it was the execution of their design that was their downfall.

But that hasn't been the case in all models Rover 75 and MG ZT diesel engine models used the same BMW engine M47

37 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

...............and all this relates to 'Electrical vehicles in Thailand' in what way?

FOCUS!!

Yeh but if we focus we won't get to read the fascinating Chinese used the MG name, 1924, performance rides, Morris Garages and Sterling Moss posts.

Edited by macahoom
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mistral53 said:

...............and all this relates to 'Electrical vehicles in Thailand' in what way?

FOCUS!!

Lol - I did chuckle reading about a Rover 75 in an EV discussion. Has there ever been a greater leap on AseanNow ????.

Back onto EVs I see the Volvo XC40 MY 2024 is out now with a range up to 645km NEDC.

14 hours ago, transam said:

Then you should have serviced it properly, I have worked on loads of MG's, had a couple of my own.

Here's one for you, you a performance guy.............????

1280px-1989_MG_Metro_Turbo_1.3_Front.jpg

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Astonishing really that back in the early 80s sub 10s 0-60 mph was considered 'performance'!

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Definitely the Ultra for me - I need the creature comforts and I need the Harmon Kardon sound system.

And definitely the twin motor - I need to enjoy that performance.

That would bring it up to 1.9mil THB, at this price point, are there any other better options out there? Would the twin motor also incur higher tax/insurance cost etc?

44 minutes ago, leclec said:

That would bring it up to 1.9mil THB, at this price point, are there any other better options out there? Would the twin motor also incur higher tax/insurance cost etc?

The only comparable car with that performance is the new BYD Seal 3.8s, price unknown but probably similar.

We may be getting the MG4 X Power next year with a similar performance and probably a lot cheaper, but it's by no means certain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leclec said:

Yeah, 1.9m. For the price I don't think anything can match it for spec and performance although I could be wrong.

I am also interested in looking at the BYD Seal when it arrives here as that also appeals, but depends on what the spec is like.

9 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, 1.9m. For the price I don't think anything can match it for spec and performance although I could be wrong.

I am also interested in looking at the BYD Seal when it arrives here as that also appeals, but depends on what the spec is like.

Faster than a Porsche 911 at a fifth of the price.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

BYD releasing a Champion Edition of the Atto 3 in China in under a week.

A couple of new colours, the current red colour to be discontinued, and a new interior colour. Some other minor changes hinted at but not much released as yet.

But more importantly a price drop !!

Will it be coming this way ?

Are bears catholic ?

Does the Pope <deleted> in the woods ?

( yup, I don’t know either )

https://carnewschina.com/2023/09/08/byd-yuan-plus-atto-3-champion-edition-will-launch-on-september-15-in-china/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, it's crazy when you think about it, EVs rock! (And I never ever thought I would like them until I tried one)

Have you ever been on a steam train, a Diesel train, if you have, then getting on an electric train is much the same feeling. All part of our transport evolution.  ????

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So....you are saying that EVs are more advanced, more developed and better than diesel and petrol? Wow, Transam has turned. Welcome.

No, I haven't turned, many times on this subject I have stated I am not anti-EV, I post putting my points forward about them, and about them in LOS, but the EV big girls blouses get all "shirty" over my questions, so I just carry on having a bit of fun, oh, and of course my MG thing, that they are cornered on.

That's it, we will all be driving EV's in the future, the same as trains are near all electric.....????

• Like 2