Electric Vehicles in Thailand

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

If you're just going to indulge in sealioning, there's not much point in continuing the discussion.

All I asked is some questions on how an EV is service wise, cost, and what you might get back later when you sell. Looks like nobody has a clue. Cos they haven't even considered it.

I even offer to do a run with someone to test an EV against a Diesel as usual not a reply. Sorry but I think your all living in a dream world.

Tip have a look at The Mac Master on You Tube he drives an EV car and see how he like it. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, macahoom said:

What a load of ill-informed nonsense!

Sorry but it's no good saying I'm ill informed if you can't answer simple questions that I asked, maybe if you did I would be more clued up.  

I speak as I find I have looked into buying an EV and have come to the conclusion they are not fit for purpose. I'll give you round town they are fine but on a run useless.

Ok a simple one how long does it take to recharge an EV from say 20% to full and what does it cost if your not at home???

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, churchill said:

When it be released in Thailand ?

in some counties, you can order (online) the volvo ex 30 as of today ... presumably after the presentation.

thailand's release date and prices will hopefully be announced shortly ...

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

@fredob43

"4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Ok a simple one how long does it take to recharge an EV from say 20% to full and what does it cost if your not at home???"

Asked & answered so many times.  About 30 mins, depending on vehicle, the last 20% is a bit slower, to protect the cells.

MG ZS EV 30-80% ... @ <฿8 per kWh @ on the road vendors

image.png.fc79b9be6b44231705a084504b1b0042.png

360 kms cost me ฿230 w/EV

360 kms cost me ฿900 w/ICE, same car/MG ZS, from personal experience, as I owned both ICE & EV

If your EV only takes 30 min: to recharge you must have a small battery. Cos every Vlog I have seen on YouTube say it takes a lot longer. 

Re fuel costs I don't know anything about M/G but they must use a lot more fuel than my Fortuner Diesel 2.8 in Eco Mode. On a run it returns 6lt per every 100km at speeds of around 120KPH so that's 691BHT for the 360KM you quoted. Yes more than an EV but the convenience of a 5 min: top up it's worth it.  

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Imagine doing 1,000 kms in a rattly smelly noisy diesel.  No chance. I will do (and have done) it in a nice petrol, but diesel, never, I can think of nothing worse.

And after driving an electric car for any period of time getting back in my petrol makes that feel rattly, noisy, sluggish, old fashioned. But getting back in a diesel would feel like going back a few decades.

Brilliant, someone who does not own a diesel (and has expressed how ridiculous he thinks they are compared to glorious EVs) is telling someone who does own a diesel that he is wrong about how nice the ride is. 

Amazing.

• Love It 1

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Brilliant, someone who does not own a diesel (and has expressed how ridiculous he thinks they are compared to glorious EVs) is telling someone who does own a diesel that he is wrong about how nice the ride is. 

Amazing.

Fair comeback, but I have driven many diesels including Ford Everest, Toyota Fortuna. And my statement stands.

And I don't own an EV so I am not trying to convert anyone. I just appreciate the technology and so don't like it when people dismiss it out of hand without - I am pretty sure - ever spending any time with one. (I have)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Fair comeback, but I have driven many diesels including Ford Everest, Toyota Fortuna. And my statement stands.

I'm sorry, I thought you said:

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Imagine doing 1,000 kms in a rattly smelly noisy diesel.  No chance. I will do (and have done) it in a nice petrol, but diesel, never, I can think of nothing worse.

My bad

12 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

99% of my journeys are within my own province and are powered for free from my home home solar. Recharging at home takes no time. 

Bu your solar panels were not free right? After how long do they pay for themselves? If I owned an EV I'd probably get them, but out bill these days is just 4-5K a month, so not really worth it at this time. 

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

These aren't the only diesels though are they? My crv diesel is quieter at 100km/h than the petrol equivalent. Then there is a range of other European diesels that are more refined than pickups also.