Mask Type and number required Advice Chiang Mai to Bangkok then direct to LondonPlease?

RubbaJohnny

What are the current rules and guidance please.

I have looked at Airline and Airport sites but first hand advice from recent voyagers would be most helpful

1 Are Masks required in Airports? C Mai, Swampy, Heathrow

2 Are Masks required on domestic flights within Thailand, I am not concerned in present USA debate.

3 Ae masks required/recommended on direct long haul to only UK, The only airport I transit is Bangkok.?

4 Are there any recommendations for type of masks I see terms n94 n85 ffp etc and that cloth type and those with ventilation valves are not acceptable.

I have been isolating in a remote area where my supply of masks is post or sent by friends. I have vax certs on my phone, do I need print outs at C Mai, Bangkok and London?

5 If any tips on what is comfortable for a spectacles wearer, in the heat my spectacles steam up within minutes , perhaps easier in aircon cabin?

Finally in addition conforming to any rules and protecting others how many masks for long haul I have read 3 hours should change so 4 masks for long haul and should I dispose of on board our carry used masks to my destination, or are there dedicated bins onboard or at airports?

Thanks in advance for any recent experience or tips.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Haha 2

You may be over thinking all this to some degree. 

Regarding the rules... Does it matter ? - just have some masks with you then you can follow the rules and wear a mask if you are required to.

For the most part all the airlines I’ve been travelling require travellers to wear masks at all times (except when eating or drinking), the same at the airports, in Asia), things are a lot more relaxed in Europe. 

Disposal - dispose at home if you like. OR in the bins at the airport. I’ve been travelling a lot, there really is no mandate. 

Which is the best mask?, especially for those who wear spectacles? - I find no mask prevents the specs from steaming up. 

But... the best mask I have found is this shape...  (I imagine its a personal choice).

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/jn95-mask-100-japan-20-kf943d-pm25-face-i3613096008-s13533029555.html?search=1

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 08.33.22.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks in advance for any recent experience or tips.

The Korean masks have a better fit than the standard surgical masks. They create a space behind the mask and in front of your face. You will see that the immigration officers all use them. They fit to your face well you can get them delivered in black or white within about 2 ~ 3 days.19B3A2EF-B63A-4355-8023-52419E7F37AE.thumb.jpeg.168a5a484919ab0e6e4071dda2ea4783.jpegB35D8F65-A287-4D6F-87FD-3198C3CEB51A.thumb.jpeg.d9f5c5384633b134227ff58d1875b217.jpeg