How many days insurance do I need?

13 minutes ago, treetops said:

30 days (or length of stay if less than 30 days) is needed to get the Thai Pass.

Please post link.

I suggested 15 as a joke in the sense that you could purchase rent onward flight of 2 weeks and  2 week insurance 

Had been done previously.

So your suggestion is for all just obtain 30 day cover?

BTW, I don't disagree

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Please post link.

I suggested 15 as a joke in the sense that you could purchase rent onward flight of 2 weeks and  2 week insurance 

Had been done previously.

Indeed, but OP indicated he wanted to stay 9 months with no mention of leaving after 2 weeks.

It's well discussed on here that 30 days insurance is all that's required even if the "law" says insurance should cover the length of time you will be stamped in for on arrival.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

It's well discussed on here that 30 days insurance is all that's required even if the "law" says insurance should cover the length of time you will be stamped in for on arrival.

There is no "law" re cover for period of stay.

It's a poorly thought through line as per the norm with Thai organizations. 

So yes I agree just buy a 30 day cover. 

Laughable really. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Indeed, but OP indicated he wanted to stay 9 months with no mention of leaving after 2 weeks.

yeah i understand it's the same for retirees re-entering on non imm o re-entry permit.

When i was doing METVs I'd buy travel insurance, up to a year once, usually it's good value cover, medical £5m

Edited by scubascuba3

45 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Can you buy multiple entry with this?

They probably will not ask for proof of the the covid 19 insurance when you apply for a multiple entry tourist visa.

Sixty days would be enough to get a Thailand Pass and enter the country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazy Noobie said:

I purchased the min of 30 days from AXA's website. Everything went real smooth and had the insurance within a few minutes. The coverage was excellent. It was simply and easy to apply.

How much was it for 30 days?

Edited by scubascuba3

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

How much was it for 30 days?

I paid 2800 baht for 30 days insurance from AXA. My friend paid 3100 baht. I am not sure but I think my friend had to pay more because he's 79 years old. Just go to the website, enter your information and it will tell you your cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

From the linked website the minimum seems to be ฿650 for 30 days 

Yeah, but it says you have a waiting period of 14 days, so nearly half your insured 30 days are not covered....

Or you need a PCR test within 72 hours to activate it, just when Thailand has finally abolished all testing

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Yeah, but it says you have a waiting period of 14 days, so nearly half your insured 30 days are not covered....

Or you need a PCR test within 72 hours to activate it, just when Thailand has finally abolished all testing

You are miss reading the policy take it out at least  14 days before the start date of the policy or take a PCR test within 72 hours prior to the start date. You still have 30 days coverage.

this is nothing to do with Thailand stopping mandatory testing for vaccinated individuals. It is a requirement to have an active insurance policy if you didn’t think ahead and do proper planning.

Also Thailand HAS NOT abolished all testing. Unvaccinated individuals are almost certainly still going to require testing. The government hasn’t published full details yet. 

Vaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to get an ATK test within 5 days.

neither of these are “abolishing all testing” are they?

Edited by sometimewoodworker

14 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

I purchased the min of 30 days from AXA's website. Everything went real smooth and had the insurance within a few minutes. The coverage was excellent. It was simply and easy to apply.

Did you enter Thailand with a METV?

19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Unvaccinated individuals are almost certainly still going to require testing. The government hasn’t published full details yet.

Unvaccinated can chose to do a PCR test or do quarantine.  There are no compulsory tests for any method of entry from May 1st as I understand it.

Edited by treetops

35 minutes ago, treetops said:

Unvaccinated can chose to do a PCR test or do quarantine.  There are no compulsory tests for any method of entry from May 1st as I understand it.

Do you have a source for that information? From the CCSA Friday briefing your understanding is premature and probably incorrect, as the CCSA has not yet made public the definitive rules as of May 1st.

The CCSA does not give that information as of Friday April 22

The English language summary of the briefing is at.
https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/697418677976038/

In that briefing the vaccinated entrant information likely to be enforced from May 1st was given. It is still being codified so is not yet definitive. For the vaccinated the proposed action is only insurance of $10,000 required ATK test recommended.

The entry requirements for unvaccinated individuals was not given. 

The information that there will be 2 different entry channels, 1 for vaccinated individuals and a second for unvaccinated with different requirements was stated.

OPINION.

since the CCSA is setting up 2 different channels the conditions for the unvaccinated are extremely unlikely to be the same as the vaccinated, if they were the same there would be no point in separate channels. This suggests that the unvaccinated are likely to be required to be tested and quarantined (if only till the results are available) possibly for as little as 1 day if the test is negative 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Do you have a source for that information?

Yes.  The CCSA briefing said full procedures were still being developed and would be clarified in due course.

Subsequent to that, on Friday 22nd April at 17:58 Richard Barrow posted a graphic on Twitter in Thai language outlining the roadmap from May 1st.  He translated the relevant section under the heading "Unvaccinated Travelers" as:

"Unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative  RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom."  Otherwise it's a 5-day quarantine.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:14 AM, Crazy Noobie said:

Do you have a link to the specific covid entry insurance. I found "travel insurance" but it covered only when I was travelling, not any days after re-entering Thailand.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

They probably will not ask for proof of the the covid 19 insurance when you apply for a multiple entry tourist visa.

Sixty days would be enough to get a Thailand Pass and enter the country.

I am not clear how many days one needs to buy with a Extension of Stay "visa". Is there any information of that yet?

1 minute ago, samtam said:

I am not clear how many days one needs to buy with a Extension of Stay "visa". Is there any information of that yet?

If on a extension of stay you only need 30 days of insurance. Many people with extension have entered with only 30 days of insurance without a problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samtam said:

All entries with a 30 day insurance have been allowed in to Thailand, you may choose to have a longer period.

there is no Extension of stay visa

there is an extension of stay valid with a re entry permit

there are visas

there is a visa on entry for a few nations 

there is a visa exempt entry for most

12 minutes ago, treetops said:

Yes.  The CCSA briefing said full procedures were still being developed and would be clarified in due course.

Subsequent to that, on Friday 22nd April at 17:58 Richard Barrow posted a graphic on Twitter in Thai language outlining the roadmap from May 1st.  He translated the relevant section under the heading "Unvaccinated Travelers" as:

"Unvaccinated travellers who are able to upload proof of a negative  RT-PCR test within 72 hours of travel via the Thailand Pass system, will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom."  Otherwise it's a 5-day quarantine.

So as yet not definitive, though from a usually reliable source.