marriage visa after leaving thailand

Hi, I was on a non immigrant O visa based upon marriage and I stayed on covid extension for almost 2 years, I left thailand to come back to France 1 month ago and I would like to come back.

I can put 400 000 on my bank account now, what would be my option? I will go with my 2 daughters on visa exempt, they have a thai passport so I will take only one way for them. Can I go on visa exempt and then make a marriage visa?

I can get a job too, is that possible to do a business visa and how complicated it is now with all the covid restriction?

You could apply for a non-o visa after entering visa exempt at immigration.

Requirements are here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

You will need 400k baht in Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

Then during the last 30 day of the 90 day stay the visa allows you can then apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or the one year extension based upon marriage. The advantage of doing that is that your permit to stay does not end on the day you job end were on a extension based upon working.

Another option is to apply for a non-o visa before leaving France on the e visa site here https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/ . It done entirely online and you are issued a sticker less visa by email.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

So if I understand well I don't need to have the 400k 2 months before, just show it the day I go to make my visa?

and I don't need to make the visa outside of Thailand too?

The 400k two months prior to application is for extension.

For the non O visa, the 400k needs to be in bank on the day you apply.

Edited by DrJack54

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I got the 400 000, I arrived on visa exempt on 12 May and I will go to make my non O on 20 May. Do I need a special statement from the bank or just a regular statement? 

After this I may have to give back the money but I will need it again to get the extension, is there any agency that lend money? 

1 minute ago, Lolothai said:

Hi, I got the 400 000, I arrived on visa exempt on 12 May and I will go to make my non O on 20 May. Do I need a special statement from the bank or just a regular statement? 

After this I may have to give back the money but I will need it again to get the extension, is there any agency that lend money? 

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and a copy of your updated bank book showing the 400k baht in the account.

List of requirements is here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

6 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

You will need the money in the bank seasoned for 2 months on the day you apply for extension and remaining in the account for approx one month after application. 

Referred to as under consideration period.

As for the money.... banks or loan sharks lend money..

You could rule out bank 

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family

I found this in the list at 6.3 is it only if married outside Thailand? 

I don't recall immigration ever asking for it. I think having a Kor Ror 2 or 22 marriage registry will meet the requirement.

If needed you could probably use a statement from the village headman for where you are living.

A letter of guarantee in Thai language from the
commercial bank in Thailand (Attention:
Immigration Commissioner) and copy of all entries of
the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant
has a saving or fixed deposit account of not less than
Baht 400,000

from the commercial bank, I'm at Kasikorn bank is that ok?

• Like 1

thank you, I may ask stupid question but I'm under a huge amount of stress.

I asked my ex wife to make pictures together front of the house but she panicked and said I'm making problems and I stress her. She is worried that they come later to check if I'm living there and discover I'm working but I explained her that once I get the visa I will get a work permit and then start working and it's perfectly legal.

I'm very stressed because I have to ask her the very minimum otherwise she panics.

9 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

thank you, I may ask stupid question but I'm under a huge amount of stress.

I asked my ex wife to make pictures together front of the house but she panicked and said I'm making problems and I stress her. She is worried that they come later to check if I'm living there and discover I'm working but I explained her that once I get the visa I will get a work permit and then start working and it's perfectly legal.

I'm very stressed because I have to ask her the very minimum otherwise she panics.

They may do a home visit after you apply for the extension but they will contact you to inform you when they wil be doing it.

7 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

do I have to be there or can I say I went looking for work? otherwise I will come just for this day

Which immigration office 

Perhaps folk that deal with your office can advise what is required for home visit.

You need to be present.

Also be aware that sometimes witness is needed. 

I will avoid the subject as she could refuse to go to the immigration, I will let them tell us, probably after receiving the visa. After this I can just come home in emergency, however I need 6 hours to drive to the house.

2 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

I will avoid the subject as she could refuse to go to the immigration, I will let them tell us, probably after receiving the visa. After this I can just come home in emergency, however I need 6 hours to drive to the house.

One of the married guys can advice you better.

My understanding is that you are meant to be living together for marriage extensions.

To the extent of home visit including pictures inside home and witnesses. 

Some of your posts indicate that this will be difficult for your wife. 

I don't remember them asking for witness last time.

She left me 2 months ago, she made a marriage ceremony with a rich thai guy but he has his own family so he comes to my house only to have sex with her and spend a bit time but he doesn't really live there.

For the witness she can ask her mother or brother who are living in my house now.

I don't remember them visiting our house last time but it was long time ago.

If they do I suppose she can move some stuff and I can come in emergency.

If your daughters have Thai nationality, you would probably be better getting the Non O visa and subsequent extension legitimately as the father of a Thai rather than fraudulently as the husband of a Thai (as the marriage is no longer de facto). @ubonjoe can direct you to the requirements, and indicate any potential issues.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If your daughters have Thai nationality, you would probably be better getting the Non O visa and subsequent extension legitimately as the father of a Thai rather than fraudulently as the husband of a Thai (as the marriage is no longer de facto). @ubonjoe can direct you to the requirements, and indicate any potential issues.

it seems indeed a better alternative, I could try also a business visa as I need to get a work permit soon, I have to start working as soon as possible.

Any visa agency to recommend?