Unidentified foreign man found dead in rental room in Central Pattaya, cause under investigation

webfact

11 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Very sad ending.
Imagine you move to Thailand, full of dreams and the only thing you can afford is a dirty small room.

I saw in my neighbourhood a few foreigners renting those single rooms maybe for 4-5k baht a month.

If I only could afford a life like this, I would return home.

That's how it ends for many who think their girl is "different."

• Thanks 1

Door knob on the table because the maid had to call her brother to break in the article said, seems like she didn't have a spare key like most maids do. Sparsely furnished and barely any belongings and only booked for 3-4 days so could be an expat from out of town just getting a cheap place to crash. Of course, these cheap places usually never ask for any documents to rent a room. Cut on back of head could be from a slip and fall as others have said, that's how Bog Saget recently died.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Door knob on the table because the maid had to call her brother to break in the article said, seems like she didn't have a spare key like most maids do. Sparsely furnished and barely any belongings and only booked for 3-4 days so could be an expat from out of town just getting a cheap place to crash. Of course, these cheap places usually never ask for any documents to rent a room. Cut on back of head could be from a slip and fall as others have said, that's how Bog Saget recently died.

i would someone bring your own door knob?

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

9997-696x522.jpg

Photo analysis:
Black flashlight?: works as security guard? Unusual size for tourist/Westerner to carry. Most phones have flashlight function.

Door knob: recently purchased, never installed. Note set of 3 keys. Planned to change locks on door for security purposes?

Heinz yellow mustard bottle: room probably did not have refrigerator, this condiment doesn't require refrigeration. If you're into microwaved hot dogs and such, could have picked up a taste for mustard; doesn't mean he must be Westerner. Appears occupant ate a fair amount of snack food in room. Note: opened white condiment packets.

Small blue draw string purse style carry bag unusual for Westerner to use.

Small yellow bottle directly below blue bag: appears to be Betadine antiseptic iodine solution, suggesting that at least some of his injuries were sustained previously.

Small white container, and three small bottles with green lids appear to be menthol nasal inhalers. Very unusual for Westerner to use. Imagine that three small bottles with green lids were recently purchased suggesting long-term user of these products.

Cigarette lighters: smoker, yaa baa smoker?

Second set of keys: appears to include a motorcycle key?

Water scoop: used in bathroom. Suggests toilet may have been squat toilet.

Conclusion:

Suspect that individual is not a Westerner, but foreigner from ASEAN region, possibly with irregular immigration status. (may be why landlord is dragging feet on paperwork). May have been working as security guard (flashlight). Individual long accustomed to living on tight budget and in migrant-style housing.

Great breakdown, must have been someone who paid attention to details, or just had way too much time on his hands looking at the photo....lol

23 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Ah , French's mustard . Another clue.

Are you sure that's not Heinz mustard?     Your screen resolution must be better than mine.

Poor lad even left earwax DNA on the cotton bud.        He should've known they're not to be shoved in to one's ear.      

23 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I Don't know--- But what is the Pink to the right hand side table.

It used to be , some 15-18 years ago in Pattaya, if the police came to investigate & there was a glass with pink liquid, then case solved.

I dont know if you can still get The Pink pill from Cambodia now, but I always thought if I wanted to go that would the option---better then the balcony Jump.

I know my vision is getting bad but I definitely don't see the pink you're talking about.    Can you say the name of  said pill you refer to from 15-18 years ago?   Never heard of such a thing.

"A foreign tourist with an unknown identity was found dead and unclothed in a rental room in the Banglamung district of Chonburi Saturday evening, April 23rd."

I thought  registration in a Thailand hotel required a passport.   Since the hotels make a photo copy of the passport information page, shouldn't identification of the victim be easy?

On 4/25/2022 at 5:34 AM, scubascuba3 said:

who would stay in a room that bad, worse than a short time room. I'm not sure why the age of the maid and receptionist is relevant

Most pensioners live in <deleted> rooms in Pattaya. Not enough money for honey and booze and a livable room.,something has to give 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

9997-696x522.jpg

Photo analysis:
Black flashlight?: works as security guard? Unusual size for tourist/Westerner to carry. Most phones have flashlight function.

Door knob: recently purchased, never installed. Note set of 3 keys. Planned to change locks on door for security purposes?

Heinz yellow mustard bottle: room probably did not have refrigerator, this condiment doesn't require refrigeration. If you're into microwaved hot dogs and such, could have picked up a taste for mustard; doesn't mean he must be Westerner. Appears occupant ate a fair amount of snack food in room. Note: opened white condiment packets.

Small blue draw string purse style carry bag unusual for Westerner to use.

Small yellow bottle directly below blue bag: appears to be Betadine antiseptic iodine solution, suggesting that at least some of his injuries were sustained previously.

Small white container, and three small bottles with green lids appear to be menthol nasal inhalers. Very unusual for Westerner to use. Imagine that three small bottles with green lids were recently purchased suggesting long-term user of these products.

Cigarette lighters: smoker, yaa baa smoker?

Second set of keys: appears to include a motorcycle key?

Water scoop: used in bathroom. Suggests toilet may have been squat toilet.

Conclusion:

Suspect that individual is not a Westerner, but foreigner from ASEAN region, possibly with irregular immigration status. (may be why landlord is dragging feet on paperwork). May have been working as security guard (flashlight). Individual long accustomed to living on tight budget and in migrant-style housing.

He's definitely not a tourist.
Note that he has 4 of those things what thais are sniffing all day, on the table.

2 sets of keys.

27 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The lock change is intriguing. That's not a cheap purchase for a guy working a minimum wage security job. Sure, maybe concerned about theft, but also may have been concerned about someone entering the room while he was not there, i.e., discovering drug use.

The flashlight makes me think he had some type of night-shift employment. Those menthol nasal inhalers kind of function as a waker-upper, don't they? Anybody got a clue as to what that long white toothpaste looking tube is? If it's toothpaste for sensitive teeth, gum recession/tooth loss is sometimes symptomatic of yaa baa use.

I'm not trying to label the guy a drug user, so please no catty comments. Just pointing out that the possibility of nocturnal employment, the nasal inhalers (if used to help stay awake), the impoverished housing, the poor diet, the cigarette lighters, the toothpaste for sensitive teeth (if indeed that is what is in the tube) are clues that he may have been at risk of being a yaa baa user, which may have been a factor contributing to his premature death.

Oh dear. Thanks.
I go to the hospital to check today.
I have also sensitive gums and use special toothpaste.
Probably my local Papaya seller injects some yaba in my fruit.
Frightening.

26 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

I thought  registration in a Thailand hotel required a passport.   Since the hotels make a photo copy of the passport information page, shouldn't identification of the victim be easy?

On 4/25/2022 at 3:08 AM, webfact said:

A maid and receptionist at the residence, Saifon Khamdee, 41, told Pattaya police that the foreigner was staying for 3-4 days but she did not know his identity as the residence owner who kept all the documents could not be reached at the moment.

It's not unusual for the residence owner (or manager) to hold onto ID documents until the registration process has been completed. I've often collected my passport the following day. The deceased might even have asked the manager to keep his passport for safe keeping.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

Are you sure that's not Heinz mustard?     Your screen resolution must be better than mine.

Poor lad even left earwax DNA on the cotton bud.        He should've known they're not to be shoved in to one's ear.      

Not sure what the mustard is Now I look closer the pot doesn't look like French's . So many things that are so important like why are there seeds on the top of rolls.  Damn its hot too. At last I had my hair cut today 60B well spent.

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

Oh dear. Thanks.
I go to the hospital to check today.
I have also sensitive gums and use special toothpaste.
Probably my local Papaya seller injects some yaba in my fruit.
Frightening.

Reminds of that old Tommy Cooper one.  ' I went to the dentist today , he said my teeth are ok but my gums have to come out.'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

It's not unusual for the residence owner (or manager) to hold onto ID documents until the registration process has been completed. I've often collected my passport the following day. The deceased might even have asked the manager to keep his passport for safe keeping.

Good golly.    That's all the more reason the police should have no problem identifying the  decedent.

Did they forget to inquire?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So no copy machine for the front office where you stay.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So no copy machine for the front office where you stay.

I wouldn't know 'cause I've never asked. But on that theme, some people prefer not to have their passport copied without good reason, others, those in business, prefer not to waste paper on frivolous copying and there could be some who simply don't have a copier.

This does seem to have been a bit of a budget joint so any of the above could apply.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

That's how it ends for many who think their girl is "different."

Considering how many farangs have a Thai burd and how many this actually happens to, i think your claim of ' many ' is just ever so slightly exagerated.

Maybe you've had some bad experiences?

37 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Considering how many farangs have a Thai burd and how many this actually happens to, i think your claim of ' many ' is just ever so slightly exagerated.

Maybe you've had some bad experiences?

Never has a Thai missus.  Never sent money for a sick buffalo.

Have there not been "many" guys return home broke?  Have there not been "many" guys jump off a balcony? 

Care to put a percentage on it?  Even 1% of a lot is "many." 

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Never has a Thai missus.  Never sent money for a sick buffalo.

Yeah, ok - lol.

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Care to put a percentage on it?  Even 1% of a lot is "many."

it'll be nowhere near 1%, way way less.

Your comment is incorrect.

6 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Yeah, ok - lol.

it'll be nowhere near 1%, way way less.

Your comment is incorrect.

So, you are saying less than 1% of guys that come to Thailand and hook up with a Thai girl get fleeced.

Less than 1 in 100 relationships end financially badly for the foreigner. 

Brave comment.

I disagree. 

• Like 1