Anutin pledges to fight e-cigarette 'menace' in Thailand, especially among young

webfact

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeesh.

the yout vote is out the window.

Double yeesh. Nicotine patches can be effective in smoking cessation regimens.

So can willpower. I gave up cold turkey 8 years ago after smoking for nearly 50 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

difficult to believe that this numpty is actually minister for health .....

From one of the richest families in Thailand. Plus he is a construction engineer parading around in a doctors outfit. Quite the total moron. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Google the effects of vaping. I used to vape and my blood pressure and heart rate increased significantly which I was I unaware off until I bought an iWatch. It showed the effects of my vaping. I stopped immediately and everything went back to normal. I haven’t vaped since. 

Edited by paul545
  • Haha 1

Being one of the idiots that has smoked cigarettes for over 50 years, even I know that it is the 

tar that will get me not the nicotene. The body has a very good system of getting rid of it,

called taking a leak. Tar, not so.

Having breathed Bangkok air for 35 years does not help with the carbon & in the old days 

the lead from 2 stroke motorbikes & cars.

This guy must be organizing some invested interests in the other type of "smoking"

which he has vowed to make legal & undoubedly soon you will be able to legally "have a puff"

I do in the village already.

I doubt if he cares a hoot about The Tobacco Monopoly

2 hours ago, Bangel72 said:

No idea what the actual laws are these days, kits and supplies can be bought locally.

Along every street and almost every bar I see someone vaping at any given time.

Just another indication of Thailand's true Third-World status; laws being ignored and flouted in public without fear of recrimination, illegal items being easily available, enforcement sporadic and selective based on ability to extort perpetrators, draconian punishments for minor offences (100k thb for use of vape in public etc.), rule-makers out of touch and protective of real problem, etc. 

Its not just ecigs they hate......They pretty much hate any alternative to cigs bought at 7-11...

Look for herbal cigs on Lazada.....Well there are none...

Look for nicotine gum....Its very expensive and loaded with aspartame..... 

Cigars are very expensive here.....

Pipes  and pipe tobacco are pretty expensive too..

They also don't make rolling your own cigs very easy to come by...

Nope they only want you to buy and smoke 7-11 cigs and nothing else...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

For once Anutin and I agree on something.   Smoking is offensive.  If I have a drink I don't spit on people around me (generally speaking).... when someone smokes others have no way to escape the toxic pollution, whether vaping or not.   

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai DPM and Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is determined to stop what he sees as the menace of e-cigarettes in Thailand.

But legalising marijuana products will be fine... fingers in the till?

1 minute ago, sead said:

But mostly nicotin is added. What about those that are vaping without nicotine

Aaah, diesel pickups....????

At my watering hole, there is this loudmouth who thinks he looks cooool creating clouds of smoke that smells like the inside of a birds handbag, also a bloke who sells the gear. Now selling the vape thing in all fancy offerings, bit like the add-ons for phones.... ????

5 minutes ago, sead said:

But mostly nicotin is added. What about those that are vaping without nicotine

Oz came up with a brilliantly idiotic idea, which is needing a prescription from the doctor to buy ejuice with nicotine, no reason why Thailand can not copy this brilliantly idiotic idea.

The irony of it though, nicotine on its own is not all that bad and it is not all that addictive, its the other 100 or chemicals which tobacco industry would not disclose , which includes bleach that is harmful and addictive.

If nicotine was addictive and super bad for you, government would not be endorsing nicotine gum and nicotine patches

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Aaah, diesel pickups....????

At my watering hole, there is this loudmouth who thinks he looks cooool creating clouds of smoke that smells like the inside of a birds handbag, also a bloke who sells the gear. Now selling the vape thing in all fancy offerings, bit like the add-ons for phones.... ????

how does inside of a birds bag smell like? and how often do you sniff it? Most ejuices are fruitty flavor and if anything have a sweet, cool aroma which evaporates in seconds

• Like 1