Anutin pledges to fight e-cigarette 'menace' in Thailand, especially among young

webfact

As with any 'rule' in Thailand, it doesn't matter one iota what anyone in authority says. I have watched numerous videos of people in Thai-frequented Bangkok bars and clubs in which countless people are vaping - all of them women, although maybe that is only because that is the gender the video blogger focuses on ????

If Anutin or anyone else wants to stop people vaping then that is a good place to start with drug-style raids. But of course that won't happen, because no-one gives a rat's fart what he says - and he isn't the one who enforces the law so he can talk until the cows come home and it makes no difference to anything. 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

how does inside of a birds bag smell like? and how often do you sniff it? Most ejuices are fruitty flavor and if anything have a sweet, cool aroma which evaporates in seconds

You got it..........????

27 minutes ago, transam said:

I believe the fine for selling/supplying Vape paraphernalia is 500/1000bht...????

you believe wrong, try 100 000 up, being caught in public with one fine ranges from 2000-30000. If you decide to take it to court, fine is 680 baht. Ok for a Thai, for a foreigner would also mean trouble with immigration

1 minute ago, BestB said:

you believe wrong, try 100 000 up, being caught in public with one fine ranges from 2000-30000. If you decide to take it to court, fine is 680 baht. Ok for a Thai, for a foreigner would also mean trouble with immigration

I did ask our lad, who is in the brown uniform, know.....????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

So are they expecting tourists who have weaned themselves off the more harmful traditional cigarettes and onto vaping to revert back to the more harmful traditional cigarettes for the length of their stay?

Can't wait to see the headlines and viral social media posts when tourists start getting banged up for a few days for the heinous crime of Vaping. 

Yes, they will arrest tourists for 'smuggling' the devices prescribed to them by their Doctors in some countries.

This will fail like everything else they touch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

So are they expecting tourists who have weaned themselves off the more harmful traditional cigarettes and onto vaping to revert back to the more harmful traditional cigarettes for the length of their stay?

Can't wait to see the headlines and viral social media posts when tourists start getting banged up for a few days for the heinous crime of Vaping. 

The last I believe a French Lady was fined and Deported !

23 minutes ago, transam said:

I did ask our lad, who is in the brown uniform, know.....????

would appear your lad does not know. simple google search would give you an answer, import and distribution 100 000 up(from memory up to 2 million and 2 years jail, if caught using one in public as i mentioned 2000-30 000, all down to your negotiating skills, and cops mood. actual court fine is only 680 baht(using one they also say jail time, but no one ever was sent to jail for vaping in public)

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The last I believe a French Lady was fined and Deported !

dumbo made a fuss, refused to pay the fine(bribe) ended up facing the judge, paying 680 baht, and not sure but i think her visa also expired, so was picked up for overstay and deported. She did not overstay per say, but awaiting court hearing, visa was up

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

would appear your lad does not know. simple google search would give you an answer, import and distribution 100 000 up(from memory up to 2 million and 2 years jail, if caught using one in public as i mentioned 2000-30 000, all down to your negotiating skills, and cops mood. actual court fine is only 680 baht(using one they also say jail time, but no one ever was sent to jail for vaping in public)

Yeeeeh, but in reality the BiB or the law don't care, 500/1000bht for being naughty....????

But, it's a big country, maybe different elsewhere...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So how much is he being paid by the Tobacco Authority of Thailand, formerly known as Thailand Tobacco Monopoly?

My wife works for them and she says the government won't let them make e-cigarettes now even. They've raised taxes on Thai tobacco so high the business is in the red and may fail. The current plans to turn a profit now are for hemp.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Let us hope the democrats are fighting the Anutin menace to society

Somehow the 'government' always seems to find some legal issue, eg defamation suit, to silence any opposition. A technique used by dictatorships around the world, with success. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

If you get 15 years for picking wild mushrooms, it's got to be at least 30 years for vaping.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul545 said:

Google the effects of vaping. I used to vape and my blood pressure and heart rate increased significantly which I was I unaware off until I bought an iWatch. It showed the effects of my vaping. I stopped immediately and everything went back to normal. I haven’t vaped since. 

Did you try the same 'experiment' whilst smoking regular cigarettes? Without a comparison your experience only tells half the truth, although I do commend you on quitting.

Well, mysterious are the ways of the East:

- locally grown tobacco = very cheap
- local cigarettes = cheap
- imported cigarettes = tax higher than the sales price of local cigarettes
- vaps = to be banned alltogether
- marijuana = to be promoted 

If you're serious - and you're not - then you would do it like the Kingdom of Bhutan = no tobacco whatsoever, full stop! 

All the coments will be the same,they want to keep  cig,s and everything else because they can tax them.Even wacky baci will be taxed and some will benefit big time we know that.E cig,s it seems they have no plan or can not tax  it to benefit them. E cigs are everywhere and people are using them over cigarettes.Seems strange this is the only vice they want to stop,even ladies of the night do not exist in bars as the gov says,but we know who also runs bars and what happens in them.All I can say is  the thai gov can always be a mystery to everyone