Is the Weather noticeably hotter this year in Thailand?

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has three official seasons - hot, cool, and wet

Strange statement, it's always been dry and wet seasons only. 

Anyway, if you're adding another season I'd say hot, comfortable and wet. 

Cool, Nope 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have a clock indoors with a temperature feature, linked to a sensor which I keep outdoors but in a shaded area... this last week or so it's reached an average 35C mid-afternoon.

However if I move the sensor to be in full sun it will spike up to 45C,or more.

• Like 2

The last few weeks in Pattaya has seemed unusually hot. Couple it with the humidity and the heat index takes us up to about 39 or 40C daily. Inside my house it's usually about 28 which I can handle. But the last few days it's gotten up to almost 36. I use room fans downstairs in my townhouse. At night have to sleep with the AC set at 25C. Whenever anyone from my home country, USA. asks me about the weather here the answer is always the same. Hot and humid.

• Like 1

It's definitely getting hotter each year.  The problem is many people have <deleted> memories. And Cambodia is reportedly even hotter according to a buddy over there. A couple of decent storms in PP over the last couple of weeks, but not as frequent as Bangkok.   

And after a big hot period expect a big wet season. Flotation devices ready. 

• Like 1

Had a couple of 40c days in Ayutthaya last week, plenty of stickiness with impending heavy rain which doesn’t always materialise. Up and down between 35 and 38 now which is normal.
I wouldn’t say it is hotter than previous years, only the “ hotter than hell “ days came all at once without the gradual build up.

• Like 1

Informative article, for a minute there I thought it was going to be another of those alarmist left-wing articles promoting anthropological climate change which right now is the least of the world's problems. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Unusually hot

We are now in the hottest month and April and the average over the past seven days has reached 32°celius C or 89.9 Fahrenheit.

Hottest where in Thailand?

In Chiang Mai it's been the coolest year since I've been here (2009) with lower temperatures and much more rain.

I've only used my air-con for 3 hours so far this month.

• Like 2

Yes it appears to  be hotter this year then normal,  but here in East pattaya  the Electric company   have turned the electric off twice in the last 24 hours

Thai 's dont do maintenance

11 minutes ago, actonion said:

Yes it appears to  be hotter this year then normal,  but here in East pattaya  the Electric company   have turned the electric off twice in the last 24 hours

Thai 's dont do maintenance

Maybe they turned it off to do maintenance.

I'm no meteorologist but it does seem the last two monsoons in Phuket have lingered longer???? It's decidedly cooler down here than BKK that's for sure. Went up to BKK not long back n' the difference in the heat was marked.

The boffins say that worlds weather is definitely changing and becoming more extreme.   

The temperatures are no hotter than in previous , recent Years

However, its the Humidity which has risen, and makes everything seem hotter.

There is definitely more water in the lakes and Ponds Etc than there has been in recent Years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Strange statement, it's always been dry and wet seasons only. 

Anyway, if you're adding another season I'd say hot, comfortable and wet. 

Cool, Nope 

In December and the months around that time it is relatively cooler but not cool