Thailand travel rules: All you need to know for visiting Thailand from May 1, 2022

webfact

travellers-696x464.jpg

File photo

By Jonathan Fairfield

Thailand’s COVID-19 task force has approved a significant easing of restrictions for both vaccinated and non vaccinated travellers from May 1.

The easing of restrictions all but fully reopens Thailand to international tourists.

The move comes as countries around the world are beginning to relax entry rules in a bid to boost tourism.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

“Adjusting measures has an impact on drawing in tourism receipts,” said Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

“Test & Go will be scrapped and there will be a shift to antigen testing on May 1. This will be more convenient and faster for visitors. Tourism is also starting to recover,” Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said during the announcement. 

Thailand travel rules: Vaccinated travellers [read more...]

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/thailand-travel-rules-all-you-need-to-know-for-visiting-thailand-from-may-1-2022/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-04-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, seabass69 said:

What does the Emergency Decree involve?

We’re returning on June 8th too

Its been said to combat Covid issues but we all know it keeps the public relatively quiet, ie -  gatherings, protests, etc.... with the easing of Covid entry requirements, whats the Emergency ?? Hope you didn't get one of them non-refundable Test and Go PCR packages already......

Edited by CANSIAM

1 hour ago, seabass69 said:

What does the Emergency Decree involve?

It means that they can change the rules , with immediate affect, at any time.

Total control! eg no demonstrations because of Covid!

It is not going to go away until the government changes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

I'm an expat from UK living in Thailand for many years on a retirement extension. If I want to take a two week holiday to, say, Vietnam, will I just be able to get a re-entry permit before travel and be able to return without having to get a Thailand Pass, insurance etc.?

I doubt about that (but i do not know).

2 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

I personally know 18 people who want to go back to Thailand but can't because of the stupid vaccination rule,the sooner it's changed the sooner your tourism will pick-up.

What is their reason for not travelling ??

From the op:

Thailand travel rules: Non-vaccinated travellers

Non vaccinated travellers to Thailand can avoid a mandatory 5 day hotel quarantine if they are able to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours of their departure.

Proof of the negative test result must be uploaded to the Thailand Pass system, along with proof of insurance coverage for COVID-19 of up to $10,000.

They also no longer need to show a negative RT-PCR test result either on arrival in Thailand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

I'm an expat from UK living in Thailand for many years on a retirement extension. If I want to take a two week holiday to, say, Vietnam, will I just be able to get a re-entry permit before travel and be able to return without having to get a Thailand Pass, insurance etc.?

My circumstances are same as yours and i travel in/out of Thailand regularly.

You still need to buy insurance (10,000usd) and apply for Thailand pass. It's much easier to get the pass before you leave Thailand if you know your return date

So a fully vaccinated arriving 30 April has to do one day quarantine with a PCR test, while an unvaccinated arriving 1 May only has to do a PCR test before departure. Sounds logical ???? 

I definitely dont need that booster shot now, if they change the definition of fully vaccinated I'll just do the PCR test entry

Edited by aussiexpat

6 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

I personally know 18 people who want to go back to Thailand but can't because of the stupid vaccination rule,the sooner it's changed the sooner your tourism will pick-up.

And it's too much for them to do a PCR test before departing which would allow them to walk free?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Also leave your wallet and gold chains in room as lady boyz are out for cop a feel.:stoner:

Impossible! A whole shipload of them reportedly has just arrived in the southern Chinese port of Guangzhou. So there can't be that many of them left here.

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Travel rules maybe ok, but add non e cigarette smoking or be fined, drinking alcohol on the beach and get fined, don't wear a mask and you have a problem, ride a motorcycle with no helmet as the locals do and get fined,  pay extra for entrance fee and or food in some places, have less to spend because of the expensive THB and pay for an insurance that doesn't pay out are a few  ore things to add before visiting the country...

E cig : long time rule , way before Covid

Drinking on beach : same and as far as i know not in all places

Don't wear a mask : yes , but many countries got those rules

No helmet : Thais get fines also

Pay extra : always have been like that ( well at least 30y i don't know about 50 or 100 y ago )

Expensive THB : it is lower then last few years , with 1 peak exception last year . Before Covid , THB was way stronger .

Insurance : true but i wouldn't travel without it , especially now .

So , either you are willing to go Thailand or not . Most of the things have got nothing to do with Covid so it just might have been 2018 or 2025.

• Like 1