Thailand travel rules: All you need to know for visiting Thailand from May 1, 2022

webfact

10 hours ago, thoengthaied said:

I'm an expat from UK living in Thailand for many years on a retirement extension. If I want to take a two week holiday to, say, Vietnam, will I just be able to get a re-entry permit before travel and be able to return without having to get a Thailand Pass, insurance etc.?

You kidding?? This is Thailand ruled by an unelected (by the electorate) PM and his soldiers.

13 hours ago, thoengthaied said:

I'm an expat from UK living in Thailand for many years on a retirement extension. If I want to take a two week holiday to, say, Vietnam, will I just be able to get a re-entry permit before travel and be able to return without having to get a Thailand Pass, insurance etc.?

Nope.

EVERYBODY (including Thai nationals) who wants to ENTER the country must register for a Thailand Pass, including uploading the required documents.

It DOESN"T MATTER whether you hold a long-term visa and have a re-entry permit. If you leave the country for whichever length of time and then return... you are caught in the loop.

And I am also afraid that the Covid-19-specific insurance you take out MUST cover the ENTIRE validity period of your current visa extension.

You do NOT need to take out specific Covid-19 insurance IF your are covered by Thailand's universal social security scheme, though. Which I figure you are not.

Sorry for the bad news, old chap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

please let them go to Spain... unvaccinated ..unwanted  

Why? I am vacinated had my booster shot, the unvacinated don't worry me they are the ones who killing them selfs even if you vaccinated you can spread the virus

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sezze said:

E cig : long time rule , way before Covid

Drinking on beach : same and as far as i know not in all places

Don't wear a mask : yes , but many countries got those rules

No helmet : Thais get fines also

Pay extra : always have been like that ( well at least 30y i don't know about 50 or 100 y ago )

Expensive THB : it is lower then last few years , with 1 peak exception last year . Before Covid , THB was way stronger .

Insurance : true but i wouldn't travel without it , especially now .

So , either you are willing to go Thailand or not . Most of the things have got nothing to do with Covid so it just might have been 2018 or 2025.

Indeed as long as this Government is in power tourism went back

• Like 1

All I need to know is if I can arrive without tests, extra insurances (other than the normal one I have for travel) and not having to wear a mask everywhere when I step outside of my room or condo. If not, I say no thanks. The truth is after more than 2 years away I don't even miss Thailand that much anymore so it has to be as easy as possible for me to bother.

• Like 2

Exempt, really?

Although the official Thai position is that entrants must have cover for the totality of their stay, most visitors require only 30 days because extensions and renewals at immigration offices are exempt from insurance requirement. 

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/us10000-thai-insurance-bond-for-inbound-visitors-creates-confusion-396335

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Nope.

EVERYBODY (including Thai nationals) who wants to ENTER the country must register for a Thailand Pass, including uploading the required documents.

It DOESN"T MATTER whether you hold a long-term visa and have a re-entry permit. If you leave the country for whichever length of time and then return... you are caught in the loop.

And I am also afraid that the Covid-19-specific insurance you take out MUST cover the ENTIRE validity period of your current visa extension.

You do NOT need to take out specific Covid-19 insurance IF your are covered by Thailand's universal social security scheme, though. Which I figure you are not.

Sorry for the bad news, old chap.

>And I am also afraid that the Covid-19-specific insurance you take out MUST cover the ENTIRE validity period of your current visa extension.<

Is that so indeed now?

Since when aka. when did that change for the worse as 30 days after arrival have been regarded as sufficient in Nov. or Dec.'21 by their foreign ministry and apparently worked fine with some folks confirming on here ...?

=>  So what's really the latest on that @ubonjoe?? Thanks mate!

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They start accepting applications for the new Thai Pass from 00:01 on April 29th, right?

Don't forget that is Thai time, so that would be 10 am on 28th April on US West Coast for example

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 8:31 AM, SussexExpat said:

Everything you want to know.???

Except if you want to know if children are exempt?

I want to travel with 2 unvaccinated Thai/Schengen passport  kids, 9 and 10, and have no clue what the rules are, except that they must take a PCR test before applying for the Thsi pass. Test result must be uploaded, meaning that application can only be done at the very last moment! How bizar if this is true. We will wait another month.

Applying for Thai pass should be done in advance and not at the last possible (<72h) moment. Air tickets are expensive these days.

5 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

>And I am also afraid that the Covid-19-specific insurance you take out MUST cover the ENTIRE validity period of your current visa extension.<

Is that so indeed now?

Since when aka. when did that change for the worse as 30 days after arrival have been regarded as sufficient in Nov. or Dec.'21 by their foreign ministry and apparently worked fine with some folks confirming on here ...?

=>  So what's really the latest on that @ubonjoe?? Thanks mate!

... for whom it concerns - found this one here in the meantime:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

I want to travel with 2 unvaccinated Thai/Schengen passport  kids, 9 and 10, and have no clue what the rules are, except that they must take a PCR test before applying for the Thsi pass. 

This site has all the vaccinated requirements and it says your kids are fully exempt (so no PCR test required)

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/04/covid-19-vaccine-guide-for-travellers-to-thailand/

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

This site has all the vaccinated requirements and it says your kids are fully exempt (so no PCR test required)

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/04/covid-19-vaccine-guide-for-travellers-to-thailand/

Thank you, but these are the rules for Test &Go and Sandbox. The rules have changed and up untill now I can only find that every person (also children?) must apply for Thai pass and must upload PCR test with application (if unvaccinated). This is new, in previous schemes the test was not required at moment of application. The Thai consular website is not updated of course, so I will have to wait and see. I have no problems with PCR tests for the children, but dont want to apply for passes at the last  (<72h minus time to get test result) moment. If we can show the tests at boarding, just like the  test and go, there wouldnt be a problem, as we could apply for the TP in advance.

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You kidding?? This is Thailand ruled by an unelected (by the electorate) PM and his soldiers.

They're just puppets. 

Such simple and surface comments above are repeated often and loud enough until it all becomes part of the extended illusion. 

We forget [or are blind to] who the real ruling factors might be. 

As it continues on.

• Like 1