Air Con Service

roger101

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Like i said it's not just a case of removing the filters and cleaning with a bum gun, it's more involved per the instructions

Please quit making things up. I never said: "...it's not just a case of removing the filters and cleaning with a bum gun...".

Please re-read my post and apologize. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Please quit making things up. I never said: "...it's not just a case of removing the filters and cleaning with a bum gun...".

Please re-read my post and apologize. 

you said "If you're AC is installed correctly you really should not need to do much more than clean the filter, which you can do in the bathroom with the bum-gun or hand-held shower"  maybe your memory is failing you

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, Yellowtail said:

I just serviced four air conditioners a couple weeks ago, three wall units and one cassette. The wall units each took about twenty minutes, the cassette about thirty. I need steps and a screwdriver to drop the filter on the cassette. 

It was free. 

If your units aren't leaking, no top-up is needed. 

You inspired me to just clean my 4 units myself. I was set to book a clean at 400 baht each, 500 baht if they needed gas. 

Inside units just vacuumed and wiped down after filters removed and sprayed with a hose, outside units also cleaned with a hose (plenty of bird straw from nests), no problem ????

Now I need one of them to be re-gassed and I'm sure it'll still cost me the 500 baht even though it's now cleaned...let's see ???? 

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Now I need one of them to be re-gassed and I'm sure it'll still cost me the 500 baht even though it's now cleaned...let's see ???? 

Not needed any regassing (cross fingers) for a long time but, when some was supposedly needed, they charged by the amount - no idea if that was normal at the time........

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you said "If you're AC is installed correctly you really should not need to do much more than clean the filter, which you can do in the bathroom with the bum-gun or hand-held shower"  maybe your memory is failing you

"Oh what a wicked web web we weave..." 

my post.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

You inspired me to just clean my 4 units myself. I was set to book a clean at 400 baht each, 500 baht if they needed gas. 

Inside units just vacuumed and wiped down after filters removed and sprayed with a hose, outside units also cleaned with a hose (plenty of bird straw from nests), no problem ????

If you have to have it charged, it's leaking. Is the coil copper or aluminum? It's pretty easy to fix copper, aluminum generally needs to be replaced. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If you have to have it charged, it's leaking. Is the coil copper or aluminum? It's pretty easy to fix copper, aluminum generally needs to be replaced. 

I'll just get the Tech to look at it, While cleaning them was easy, this one is not cold so needs an expert (while other 3  same age are great still) 

• Haha 1

The gas they use is expensive, you will get charged by the weight of gas they use. They weigh their bottle, then fill or top up your system then weigh the bottle again, you get charged the weight difference, well that's how it should work.....????

So, cleaning is around 500bht, that is done properly with pressured water, plus gas by weight..

Just had 2 done, one at 500bht and one at 700bht (gas) = 1200bht + 100bht tip....????

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, transam said:

The gas they use is expensive, you will get charged by the weight of gas they use. They weigh their bottle, then fill or top up your system then weigh the bottle again, you get charged the weight difference, well that's how it should work.....????

So, cleaning is around 500bht, that is done properly with pressured water, plus gas by weight..

Just had 2 done, one at 500bht and one at 700bht (gas) = 1200bht + 100bht tip....????

Weighing the gas is a good idea at least you know they've put some in. I've not read any other reports they do that, mine didn't

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Weighing the gas is a good idea at least you know they've put some in. I've not read any other reports they do that, mine didn't

As many have said, it should not be required. How often do you re-gas your fridge? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

As many have said, it should not be required. How often do you re-gas your fridge? 

exactly i suspect often it's an easy 200 baht tip for the boys for nothing i.e. in reality no gas required

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

exactly i suspect often it's an easy 200 baht tip for the boys for nothing i.e. in reality no gas required

Eeeer, one of my units was never as good as the other, but was in a room that is hardly used, it is the unit the guy topped up. Strangely, the day he came an error code appeared on the unit, C38, looked it up, gas problem. When he arrived, the code had gone, I asked him to check the gas.

The conclusion was, when it was installed, the unit's supplied gas was short for the run, it now works perfectly, and still is, so not a leak. ????

• Haha 1

Jomtien air, good English and female a lot less idiot than most people you ever met.

also, as people know nothing here and hardly give any correct information, a good aircon cleaning company is not the one that you think is good, it's the one that ALSO open your outdoor unit and remove the fan to clean it well INSIDE !

How many times I can read people who know nothing about the job that should be done, tell to others that the job was good ????

On 4/27/2022 at 6:00 AM, jacko45k said:

Had a similar issue in that my regular guy moved on.... found an alterative who came and serviced my bedroom unit.... but as luck would have it it packed in a week after. He returned and could not fix it, calming a PCB had failed..... he did not have access to spares. Got in touch with the manufacturer's agents and they sent a team round, who replaced parts and got it working. Not cheap, over 6000 baht, but it made me realize the unit was 9 years old. It was a Daikin and I used ARC.

when it failed after cleaning it is that the idiot sprayed water on the PCB. I know what I am talking about, it happened to me with the most famous aircon idiots on TEPPRASIT road...

10000 to fix and of course they denied any responsibility. Then other idiots here keep recommending the idiot scammers on THEPRASIT road...

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:01 AM, Guderian said:

I've been using a good company for years but they've gradually gone downhill. The boss is OK, but the lads he employs to do the work seem to be taking the mick and are now maybe openly cheating him and the customers. Two or three years ago I'd have happily recommended the company to the OP, but I'm going to stop using them myself now. There's a popular company on Thepprasit, so not far from the OP's home, I won't mention the name but it's just two letters, I went there once quite a few years ago and the ignorant mouthy cow running the shop put me right off, I won't be back there though my Thai neighbours seem to get on fine with them.

exactly ! the ones who destroyed my aircon but didn't even want to talk about it.

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

when it failed after cleaning it is that the idiot sprayed water on the PCB. I know what I am talking about, it happened to me with the most famous aircon idiots on TEPPRASIT road...

10000 to fix and of course they denied any responsibility. Then other idiots here keep recommending the idiot scammers on THEPRASIT road...

I was suspicious of course..... and the guy who did the outside unit did look a bit of a goofball... caught him squeezing his spots in my reflective windows. Not the best sight from the inside. But it was a week later it failed, so hard to attribute blame there!

Whatya gonna do...... ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Jomtien air, good English and female a lot less idiot than most people you ever met.

also, as people know nothing here and hardly give any correct information, a good aircon cleaning company is not the one that you think is good, it's the one that ALSO open your outdoor unit and remove the fan to clean it well INSIDE !

How many times I can read people who know nothing about the job that should be done, tell to others that the job was good ????

Yes, they always do something with the outside jobby at my place..????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

keep doing or read my other posts...

Oh... You hinting I should change to the other one widely recommended I guess... 

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1