Anyone get a Covid extension recently?

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

They brought it back.

I'm sure that there would have been a lot of people on here who would have really appreciated this information a lot lot earlier.

This is the 1st time i have heard or read about this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I'm sure that there would have been a lot of people on here who would have really appreciated this information a lot lot earlier.

We still sometimes have reports of officers not allowing it, or requiring an embassy letter.

This change in enforcement happened about a week after the extension was originally announced.

43 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

This change in enforcement happened about a week after the extension was originally announced.

Thats excactly the point I'm trying to make.

Perhaps you could have kindly provided this information to the forum earlier.

16 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Thats excactly the point I'm trying to make.

Perhaps you could have kindly provided this information to the forum earlier.

We are sorry we did not mention anything here.

We did provide an announcement to our clients, and we do make announcements regularly via our @LINE.

The reason we did not make any announcement here is because each immigration was still enforcing it differently.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedArmy said:

It was mentioned (by me and another member) in another thread a couple weeks back.

Edited by zugzug123
  • Haha 1

Ill be going tomorrow Bangkok visa exemption location (IT Square Laksi Plaza, 3rd Floor)

Will report back, let's see if they let me stay another 2 months, I think it would be my 5th covid extension total.

Edited by dj230
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Ill be going tomorrow Bangkok visa exemption location (IT Square Laksi Plaza, 3rd Floor)

Will report back, let's see if they let me stay another 2 months, I think it would be my 5th covid extension total.

You will not be doing it tomorrow. Immigration is closed tomorrow the 4th of May for coronation day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Let us know how it goes on Thursday!  (Wed the office is closed)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be doing it tomorrow. Immigration is closed tomorrow the 4th of May for coronation day.

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Let us know how it goes on Thursday!  (Wed the office is closed)

wow, thanks you saved me a trip, I guess I will be watching Dr. Strange tomorrow instead with the GF, Thursday it is 

I would have went Tuesday but my visa expires may 18th and didn't want to go too early incase they asked me to come back. Thursday might be packed if people go on Wednesday and have to come again

Edited by dj230

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

Has the usual location for covid extensions in Bangkok changed? Been reading through this thread and people are saying they're going to cw, and now this place mentored here I had never even heard of... 

Did muang Thong thani finally get shut down? Just preparing myself in advance so I'll know where to go... 

On 4/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Sup3rfarang said:

Just got a Covid extension yesterday at Chonburi.  Tried to apply 2 weeks ago and they said "You come back on 28!".  OK, I came back on the 28th and got in line at 8AM.  I submitted the paperwork at the front booth, they gave me a number and told me "You come back at 1PM!".  Marvelous.  So I come back at 1PM and used the number ticket to get through the doors and not wait in line again in the roasting heat.  After a short wait my number comes up and I pay the fee and they take my passport.  Then they say "You go sit down!".  After a few minutes more an officer at the window beside the first waves me up and gives me my passport stamped with the extension.  Fantastic, I won't have to come back to pick up my passport the next day.  But then I notice that the extension expires on May 26!  Not even 30 days!  And it doesn't say "Under Consideration" either.  So I asked the lady in the front booth and she says I need to come back on May 26th to get stamped for the remainder.  But it won't cost me any more money.  And I don't have to come inside, I can get it stamped outside at the passport table.  I have no idea what this voodoo is all about.  I guess it makes sense to them.

Gives all the thais something to do----makes them all look busy and diligent--thai style!

I got the same song and dance....welcome to the immig gauntlet!

On 4/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Sup3rfarang said:

Just got a Covid extension yesterday at Chonburi.  Tried to apply 2 weeks ago and they said "You come back on 28!".  OK, I came back on the 28th and got in line at 8AM.  I submitted the paperwork at the front booth, they gave me a number and told me "You come back at 1PM!".  Marvelous.  So I come back at 1PM and used the number ticket to get through the doors and not wait in line again in the roasting heat.  After a short wait my number comes up and I pay the fee and they take my passport.  Then they say "You go sit down!".  After a few minutes more an officer at the window beside the first waves me up and gives me my passport stamped with the extension.  Fantastic, I won't have to come back to pick up my passport the next day.  But then I notice that the extension expires on May 26!  Not even 30 days!  And it doesn't say "Under Consideration" either.  So I asked the lady in the front booth and she says I need to come back on May 26th to get stamped for the remainder.  But it won't cost me any more money.  And I don't have to come inside, I can get it stamped outside at the passport table.  I have no idea what this voodoo is all about.  I guess it makes sense to them.

Congratulations!! Very strange you did not get stamp "Under consideration" But still you need to come again. How long did it take you to get inside from 8AM?

2 hours ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

Has the usual location for covid extensions in Bangkok changed? Been reading through this thread and people are saying they're going to cw, and now this place mentored here I had never even heard of... 

Did muang Thong thani finally get shut down? Just preparing myself in advance so I'll know where to go... 

I think for visa exempt it was at Muang Thong Thani but they recently changed it

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

Counter K which provides services related to

• Short-term Visa Extension for Visa Exemption (ผผ.14, ผ.30, NON-30, NON-90 ) , Visa On Arrival (TR-15), Transit Visa (TS), Courtesy Visa (CY), APEC Business Card
  • Lost Passport, Lost Departure Card (TM.6)
  • Arrival Stamp Correction

*** will be moved to IT Sqaure Laksi Plaza (3rd Floor), Chaeng Wattana Rd.  from 18 April 2022 onwards  ***  See the map and directions

Edited by dj230

8 hours ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

That depends upon what you used for entry to the country.

If you used a tourist for or other types of visas it has been done at Chaeng Wattana for year now.

If you entered visa exempt it is now done at the new Laski office.

So I went today, no issues getting the covid extension at all, albiet they did do an under consideration stamp

do i just go back to the immigration office on the date they wrote in the passport and get another stamp? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

do i just go back to the immigration office on the date they wrote in the passport and get another stamp?

Yes.

So you paid 1900baht.

No further payment, just return for your stamp. 

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

So you paid 1900baht.

Interesting, they didn’t actually say anything about it, I wonder if they’re hoping some people don’t notice and get hit with overstay fines. 

One oddity was I went today, may 5th, the covid extension should be for 60 days, my current visa expiring on may 18th but the under consideration stamp is May 26th 

anyone know if I’ll get the full 60 days from May 18th? Or just 30 or 45 days extra from May 26th? 

37 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Interesting, they didn’t actually say anything about it, I wonder if they’re hoping some people don’t notice and get hit with overstay fines. 

One oddity was I went today, may 5th, the covid extension should be for 60 days, my current visa expiring on may 18th but the under consideration stamp is May 26th 

anyone know if I’ll get the full 60 days from May 18th? Or just 30 or 45 days extra from May 26th? 

You will receive 60 days from end of previous "admitted till date"

So,  60 days from May 18, 2022 is Sunday, July 17, 2022.

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will receive 60 days from end of previous "admitted till date"

So,  60 days from May 18, 2022 is Sunday, July 17, 2022.

Thank you, I have to book a flight back to Canada so I’ll probably book it early July to be safe 

4 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Are they still going? 

It was the last extension I got to take me into January after I finally gave up on the financially bogus non-o annual circus and departed to pastures green.

Haha yea it’s still going, honestly I will stay as long it keeps going, it’s just 1900 baht for 2 months, seems worth it to me 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Haha yea it’s still going, honestly I will stay as long it keeps going, it’s just 1900 baht for 2 months, seems worth it to me 

Great! Thanks for the update.  Did you need to make an appointment?  How long did it take you to get in and then out of there?

Just want to mention this in case anyone is in the same situation as me. I went to Laksi to apply for the Covid Extension but the man at the first desk said I could not get it because I needed to apply for the normal 30 day extension first. And then after that I could apply for the 60 day Covid one next time. I was assured that I could go back before May 23 and get it despite the new 30 day stamp only expiring on 7 June. Was not aware it was done this way, perhaps I misunderstood the procedure. I asked him if there was any chance they May deadline would be extended and he said "I think maybe" or something to that effect. Hmmm.

7 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Just want to mention this in case anyone is in the same situation as me. I went to Laksi to apply for the Covid Extension but the man at the first desk said I could not get it because I needed to apply for the normal 30 day extension first. And then after that I could apply for the 60 day Covid one next time. I was assured that I could go back before May 23 and get it despite the new 30 day stamp only expiring on 7 June. Was not aware it was done this way, perhaps I misunderstood the procedure. I asked him if there was any chance they May deadline would be extended and he said "I think maybe" or something to that effect. Hmmm.

Yup, that is the standard operating procedure.

7 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Great! Thanks for the update.  Did you need to make an appointment?  How long did it take you to get in and then out of there?

No appointment, took roughly 30-40 minutes from start to finish, I went at 8:30am though, there was about 20 people waiting and it got packed fairly quick. 

One interesting thing is, they didn't mention anything as if this would be the last extension this time, and there was no hesitation to give me the extension at all, everything was smooth. 

Edited by dj230

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

So you paid 1900baht.

So just too verify I just bring my passport? I don't bring any documents?

2 hours ago, Masterton said:

Just want to mention this in case anyone is in the same situation as me. I went to Laksi to apply for the Covid Extension but the man at the first desk said I could not get it because I needed to apply for the normal 30 day extension first. And then after that I could apply for the 60 day Covid one next time. I was assured that I could go back before May 23 and get it despite the new 30 day stamp only expiring on 7 June. Was not aware it was done this way, perhaps I misunderstood the procedure.

Yep, only been mentioned about 1000 times that you need to get any normal extensions available prior to getting a last resort covid extension

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Yep, only been mentioned about 1000 times that you need to get any normal extensions available prior to getting a last resort covid extension

True of 30 day extensions to visa exempt and tourist visa entries.

For married folk some have been given covid extensions prior to using extension to visit wife. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 7:51 PM, DrJack54 said:

Passport that's it.

Just to update I went again for the full stamp after the under consideration stamp and there was no issues, in an out quite quickly although immigration is starting to get packed, well over 50 people by 8:30am at the IT Square Laksi building