Truemove H Pre Paid Data Codes, anyone have a good plan?

bmanly

It's been 3 years since I have been in Thailand however I keep my sim going and it is still valid.

There use to be a list of codes for certain data plans. I was paying around 370 for an unlimited 1 mbps plan but I think everything has changed now.

What I need is a bolt on pre paid data plan, I don't need a phone call plan. Is there a list of plans with the codes I need to enter somewhere? I have checked on the truemove site but they keep wanting me to sign in or join a monthly post paid plan but I don't want/need that. Do any of you have the codes and plans or any other recommendations? Thank you.

11 hours ago, bmanly said:

What I need is a bolt on pre paid data plan

Add on to an existing SIM will be more expensive than the second SIM option Mutt Daeng recommends.

Add-on, both one-time and auto-renew

https://www.true.th/truemoveh/site/upgrade_option/prepaid?shelf=data_prepaid

You can access these and more via the Truemove iService mobile app  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.truelife.mobile.android.trueiservice&hl=en&gl=US

There are scads of second sim 30/60/90/120/180/360 day options with unlimited volume/limited speed: 1/2/4/10/20 Mbps. and limited volume/unlimited speed.

Two examples:

Thor, ~ 1,800, 1 year, 15 Mbps, unlimited volume

Fast70, unlimited speed (300 Mbps), 70 GB per month, ~ 1,400 for 1 year.

• Like 1

I've been paying around 1000-1200 baht for 90 days of unlimited 4mbps on TrueMove. Data only, you have to keep a little extra money in your balance for voice calls, which I rarely use.

You access the plans by going to topping.truemoveh.com on your phone. They vary from time to time. Sometimes the price goes up or down, sometimes you can get 10mbps instead of 4mbps. Good luck ever hitting any of those advertised speeds tho haha. But for me they've been good enough for HD streaming, and video calls for my online teaching.

2 hours ago, sitta said:

1 year, 15 Mbps, unlimited DATA SIM, can you buy this from a shop front any provider?

TrueMove H?

AIS and DTAC have similar offers, but maybe 10 or 20 Mbps. Looks like DTAC has a 15 too. And occasionally there is a promo for 2X speed, and or a 30 Mbps promo.

No. Only from a select group of resellers.

Most sales are done via the interwebs. The margin on these is miniscule.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/truemove-h-15mbps-unlimited-1-sim-4g-5g-treemobile-i1684004134.html

But TreeMobile does have a shop in MBK.

https://www.facebook.com/Treemobilembk/shop/?ref_code=mini_shop_page_shop_tab_cta&ref_surface=page

Thanks for the options so far. Funny, my ex visited me today and asked about a good option for DTAC. I can't find anything decent online, maybe someone has a good code?

Something monthly prefered, 4mbit or more (no auto renewal). Somthin like Cyril posted but for DTAC.

Edited by malasa
more info

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. There really are some reasonable plans out there. I'm only staying for 2 Months so I will do 2 x 30 day data plans. I don't do much video stuff so I might do the 2 mbps unlimited add on for around 481 baht, cheers.

Add-on package unlimited internet (2Mbps)

Unlimited internet, no speed reduction 2Mbps

Terms and Conditions
Package Type
one-time
lifetime
30 days
from the date of receiving SMS confirming the subscription The add-on pack can be used as scheduled until 23:59.
package price
450.00 baht
VAT 7%
31.50 baht
together
481.50 baht
Edited by bmanly

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Just renewed my AIS 1790 Baht, 100gb/10mbps per month

"Renewed" implies you were able to keep the same number/SIM? Were you? If so, how did you arrange this renewal?

15 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Truemove H

dial *900*9779*17032909#

200 baht a month unlimited, think it's 4Mbps, been using it for 2 years now

That is, I think, an affiliate code for a previously purchased promotional SIM. 

Do you remember any details from the original purchase?

Does this auto-renew, or do you have to send this code every month?

You can do better with an annual SIM, where the 4 Mbps/unlimited volume plans run ~ 1,200 or ~ 100baht/month.

11 hours ago, malasa said:

Something monthly prefered, 4mbit or more (no auto renewal). Somthin like Cyril posted but for DTAC.

There are similar affiliate codes but they require a new SIM.

Add-on? second SIM?

The ex can find options in the DTAC mobile app.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, mtls2005 said:

Add on to an existing SIM will be more expensive

Industry metrics incentivize NEW subscriber (subs) numbers. I know it's flawed.

5 hours ago, bmanly said:

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. There really are some reasonable plans out there. I'm only staying for 2 Months so I will do 2 x 30 day data plans. I don't do much video stuff so I might do the 2 mbps unlimited add on for around 481 baht, cheers.

Most of the direct-sales (from AIS, DTAC. TrueMove H) add-on plans are 100% matched: 2 Mbps/450/mo, 4 Mpbs/650/mo - which makes sense as they already have you as a subscriber.

I think they'd actually get more revenue by offering lower add-on prices, but they know much more about the markets here.

For those using two SIMs - one for voice/text, and one for data, can you comment on any tricks, tips or challenges you face? For example, you register LINE with your voice/text SIM 1, but use it on mobile data on your data SIM 2. That works fine? 

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"Renewed" implies you were able to keep the same number/SIM? Were you? If so, how did you arrange this renewal?

That is, I think, an affiliate code for a previously purchased promotional SIM. 

Do you remember any details from the original purchase?

Does this auto-renew, or do you have to send this code every month?

You can do better with an annual SIM, where the 4 Mbps/unlimited volume plans run ~ 1,200 or ~ 100baht/month.

There are similar affiliate codes but they require a new SIM.

Add-on? second SIM?

The ex can find options in the DTAC mobile app.

Industry metrics incentivize NEW subscriber (subs) numbers. I know it's flawed.

Yes, kept the number etc, they just sent me an sms, advising expiry, to top up the balance accordingly, and done for another year ! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, kept the number etc, they just sent me an sms, advising expiry, to top up the balance accordingly, and done for another year ! ????

Thanks for this info.

Do you recall the details on the original SIM/plan purchase? You bought a new SIM, paid 1,790? For one year? From a reseller? Was this your first renewal?

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks for this info.

Do you recall the details on the original SIM/plan purchase? You bought a new SIM, paid 1,790? For one year? From a reseller? Was this your first renewal?

As mentioned above, its the "Marathon Sim" you can buy it on Lazada for around 1600 or less, I actually bought mine direct from AIS website and paid an extra 200 (1790 total) to choose my number from a list provided on their website.

This was my first renewal.

hope this helps.

12 hours ago, malasa said:

Thanks for the options so far. Funny, my ex visited me today and asked about a good option for DTAC. I can't find anything decent online, maybe someone has a good code?

What cyril has posted is for newly opened SIM only, not for existing SIM.

Is she willing to take a new SIM?

If not, their cheapest normal 30 day pack is Unlimited 2 Mbps for 374.50. It is set to auto-renew, but can only do so if there is 374.50 on account. So don't worry about that.

If she is happy to take a 90 day pack; DTAC have 90 day Unlimited 10 Mbps for 900 baht exclusive. I guess that's the best choice for an existing SIM @ 321 baht per month for up to 10 Mbps.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/dtac-promotion/packages/netunlimited.html

25 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

What cyril has posted is for newly opened SIM only, not for existing SIM.

Is she willing to take a new SIM?

The code seems to works for old SIMs too - at lest for me, i tried it tonight at 00:00 when my old extra package ran out :-).

Unfortunately it shows in the true app a little bit cryptic without an end date: IPK_DS_RC_N4MBWIFI_30D, Remaining Unlimited (that shows usually the MB counter for the plan). I started downloading something larger and I was not getting a SMS "You already used XX baht of Internet" nor could i see a change on the money i have. So, seem to work for me.

If not, their cheapest normal 30 day pack is Unlimited 2 Mbps for 374.50. It is set to auto-renew, but can only do so if there is 374.50 on account. So don't worry about that.

That is nearly twice as expensive for half of the speed. 

If she is happy to take a 90 day pack; DTAC have 90 day Unlimited 10 Mbps for 900 baht exclusive. I guess that's the best choice for an existing SIM @ 321 baht per month for up to 10 Mbps.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/dtac-promotion/packages/netunlimited.html

Yup, thanks. That is the only one I found which is decent, but I'm sure she will complain about the 900 baht ???? But let me try ...

7 minutes ago, malasa said:

The code seems to works for old SIMs too - at lest for me, i tried it tonight at 00:00 when my old extra package ran out :-).

Unfortunately it shows in the true app a little bit cryptic without an end date: IPK_DS_RC_N4MBWIFI_30D, Remaining Unlimited (that shows usually the MB counter for the plan). I started downloading something larger and I was not getting a SMS "You already used XX baht of Internet" nor could i see a change on the money i have. So, seem to work for me.

I just saw the confirmation SMS, with the correct ending date and 4Mbps+Wifi 30 days. So seems everyhing works for me on a years old SIM with that code.

Edited by malasa
old
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, malasa said:

That is nearly twice as expensive for half of the speed. 

Yup, thanks. That is the only one I found which is decent, but I'm sure she will complain about the 900 baht ???? But let me try ...

That's great if the Truemove H code works for old SIMs.

Here is an example of the original promo:

https://web.facebook.com/1426088420978890/posts/2615205112067209/

50 baht more for 10 Mbps if the codes still work. 

Update unlimited internet promotion. No speed reduction. For customers who open a new SIM, apply within 7 days for all 3 camps. Apply before 24 June 2563 only.

The codes, allegedly for new SIM only, were supposed to have expired two years ago ???? 

1 hour ago, malasa said:

I just saw the confirmation SMS, with the correct ending date and 4Mbps+Wifi 30 days. So seems everyhing works for me on a years old SIM with that code.

Perfect solution for the OP. If the 10 Mbps code works and he can obtain 10 Mbps at his location, then perhaps even better. But did he already apply the 2 Mbps pack? 

8 hours ago, bmanly said:

Add-on package unlimited internet (2Mbps)

Unlimited internet, no speed reduction 2Mbps

Terms and Conditions
Package Type
one-time
lifetime
30 days
from the date of receiving SMS confirming the subscription The add-on pack can be used as scheduled until 23:59.
package price
450.00 baht
VAT 7%
31.50 baht
together
481.50 baht

It seems that the cyril sneer solution works. Just wanted to highlight that in case you could not find it amongst the other posts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

That's great if the Truemove H code works for old SIMs.

Here is an example of the original promo:

https://web.facebook.com/1426088420978890/posts/2615205112067209/

50 baht more for 10 Mbps if the codes still work. 

Thanks, will try next month! Not that i usually need a higher speed but it is always great to have the option when my landline internet is not working. 

Edit: I just saw there are also DTAC codes, maybe I try one tomorrow, they are also looking great. Thanks again!

Edited by malasa
overlooked codes ...

7 minutes ago, malasa said:

Thanks, will try next month! Not that i usually need a higher speed but it is always great to have the option when my landline internet is not working. 

Edit: I just saw there are also DTAC codes, maybe I try one tomorrow, they are also looking great. Thanks again!

No guarantee that old codes will work; but if you are willing to try, it could be useful to others too. 

18 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

It seems that the cyril sneer solution works. Just wanted to highlight that in case you could not find it amongst the other posts.

Thanks, I am not in Thailand yet, I will be in 1 Month though. The only reason I backed off thinking about the cyril sneer plan is because I googled it hard plus searched elsewhere and could not find that code anywhere. I was thinking as he is renewing for a long time that it has just carried through. But now that others have confirmed it works I will try that first then keep my pick as second choice. I'll write a few down to load at the airport, hopefully 1 of them will work for me then, thanks.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:38 AM, cyril sneer said:

Truemove H

dial *900*9779*17032909#

200 baht a month unlimited, think it's 4Mbps, been using it for 2 years now

Nice one Cyril.....

(yes I know lol)

Seriously thats what I wanted to see on the thread...thanks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bmanly said:

Thanks, I am not in Thailand yet, I will be in 1 Month though. The only reason I backed off thinking about the cyril sneer plan is because I googled it hard plus searched elsewhere and could not find that code anywhere. I was thinking as he is renewing for a long time that it has just carried through. But now that others have confirmed it works I will try that first then keep my pick as second choice. I'll write a few down to load at the airport, hopefully 1 of them will work for me then, thanks.

Would be handy if you could update the thread when you have time perhaps

Thanks

• Like 1