Advice on insurance for renewal of extension to stay in July (based on NonImm OA)

I have been doing extensions for a number of years based on an original NonImm OA visa.  My next extension will be end of June this year. 

I currently have the required 400K/40K baht health insurance.  As I understand it, because I will get my next extension before September, I will only need to renew the 400K/40K insurance.  My question is, will this also satisfy the US$ 10,000 Covid insurance needed for the Thailand Pass if I go to the US for a few weeks after my extension?  (400K baht is more than US$ 10,000, unless there's a massive devaluation of the baht).

I do understand that for my NEXT extension  (in 2023) I will need US$ 100,000 in health insurance.  I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Thanks.

Unless you current insurance specifically states it covers treatment for covid 19 it will not be accepted for a Thailand pass application.

You can find 30 days of covid 19 insurance that you will need for the Thailand Pass for as little as 7000 baht dependent upon your age.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you current insurance specifically states it covers treatment for covid 19 it will not be accepted for a Thailand pass application.

You can find 30 days of covid 19 insurance that you will need for the Thailand Pass for as little as 7000 baht dependent upon your age.

Oh.  30 days will be enough for the Thailand Pass?  I thought the Covid 19 insurance needed to be valid for the entire length of my stay in Thailand (which would be until the end of my new extension of stay, the end of June 2023).  I will be returning to Thailand from the US on a one-way ticket.

If the 400K/40K insurance says it covers Covid (it is with Pacific Cross and they say on their website all their plans cover Covid)?

Edited by JTXR
added a paragraph

19 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Oh.  30 days will be enough for the Thailand Pass? 

Yes it is enough. Many people on extension of say have entered with only 30 day of covid 19 insurance.

20 minutes ago, JTXR said:

If the 400K/40K insurance says it covers Covid (it is with Pacific Cross and they say on their website all their plans cover Covid)?

Ask them for proof that that it will cover $10,000 of covid 19 treatment that you can use to get a Thailand Pass.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JTXR said:

I have Pacific Cross.  When I renew I get a letter for the medical coverage, one in English and one in Thai.  Then there is also a separate letter for the Covid coverage.  You should check the stuff they sent you for the renewal to see if you already have the letter.

• Like 1