COVID-19 - April 30: Thailand reports 12,888 new coronavirus cases, 17,105 recoveries, 126 deaths

webfact

COV30.jpg

Thailand on Saturday (April 30) reported 12,888 new COVID-19 cases, 17,105 recoveries and 126 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 4,250,949 with 28,526 deaths.

The news comes as Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob inspected Suvarnabhumi airport to check its readiness before the government eases arrival rules on May 1.

He said six airports under the supervision of Airports of Thailand PCL were readied and the Transport Ministry already prepared its officials to implement the new rules.

From May 1 onwards, fully vaccinated people and those with negative results from their RT-PCR tests conducted within 72 hours before arrival can enter the country under normal procedures.**

**THAI NEWS AGENCY contributed to this report

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update30APR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Phuket marks 69 new COVID cases, no deaths

PHUKET: The latest Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) daily COVID situation report has marked 69 new local infections confirmed across the island yesterday (Apr 29), bringing the total number of infections recorded since Jan 1 to 51,954.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-69-new-covid-cases-no-deaths-83985.php

Image: PPHO

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

What should be looked at with a keen eye are the excess deaths that have not been reported over this time period.

Hmmm. 

One of the main points of my post was to point out that Covid Death numbers should be fluctuating more. Inherent in that observation is the reality that death numbers fluctuate naturally, anyway. Because of that natural fluctuation, you can't really assess "excess deaths" from a short span of time.

So-called "excess deaths" can only be gauged by comparing to an average. But when one looks at a short time-frame, there's no way to know if THAT time-frame would have been "average." And if you can't accurately define "normal".......... you also can't reliably determine "excess." 

Of course, these are sometimes looked at as months, or quarters, or seasons, or years. But these are ultimately just arbitrary starting and ending points, and if they were shifted by as little as one week, might result in very different answers!

Personally, I think if you're looking at less than a month........ (or any 30 days)........ or a couple of months...... (or any 60 to 90 days)....... you won't arrive at an answer for "excess deaths" that has much value. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Hmmm. 

One of the main points of my post was to point out that Covid Death numbers should be fluctuating more. Inherent in that observation is the reality that death numbers fluctuate naturally, anyway. Because of that natural fluctuation, you can't really assess "excess deaths" from a short span of time.

So-called "excess deaths" can only be gauged by comparing to an average. But when one looks at a short time-frame, there's no way to know if THAT time-frame would have been "average." And if you can't accurately define "normal".......... you also can't reliably determine "excess." 

Of course, these are sometimes looked at as months, or quarters, or seasons, or years. But these are ultimately just arbitrary starting and ending points, and if they were shifted by as little as one week, might result in very different answers!

Personally, I think if you're looking at less than a month........ (or any 30 days)........ or a couple of months...... (or any 60 to 90 days)....... you won't arrive at an answer for "excess deaths" that has much value. 

Cheers! 

Excess deaths average is calculated over a 5 year average. Thailand only updates this once a month but thats enough to gauge the true number of deaths over a short time frame. The UK updates weekly.

unvaccinated die from omicron so solate and boost them

I had it 2 weeks ago and know many thai's who had similar exp ticklish throat for 2 days no sick or fever open the <deleted> country normalize like half the rest of the world

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomyami said:

unvaccinated die from omicron so solate and boost them

I had it 2 weeks ago and know many thai's who had similar exp ticklish throat for 2 days no sick or fever open the <deleted> country normalize like half the rest of the world

Normalize?, There is nothing normal about life anywhere at this point in time.  You meant "Learn to live with Covid", Omicron affects people differently, what you and your friends experienced is not what others experience, so understand that even vaccinated people can become infected and may even end up hospitalized.  However, I understand your angst, yet Thailand has a long way to go to decide as other countries have as this government flip flops a considerable amount.

• Like 2

1 out of 6 elderly people in Thailand are still unvaccinated. Here’s why. 

Government data says 2 million out of 12 million senior citizens have yet to receive a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and many more have yet to get their booster shots, despite established evidence that the elderly population is most at risk in the face of Omicron’s onslaught. 

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9808

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chonburi announces 432 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and two new deaths

The two new deaths were aged 61 and 79 with severe personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. One of them was not vaccinated.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/30/chonburi-announces-432-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-two-new-deaths/

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

1 out of 6 elderly people in Thailand are still unvaccinated. Here’s why. 

Government data says 2 million out of 12 million senior citizens have yet to receive a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and many more have yet to get their booster shots, despite established evidence that the elderly population is most at risk in the face of Omicron’s onslaught. 

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9808

Old people everywhere are terrible to cossip. Many dont have nothing else to do, only sit whit other old people and cossip. And what everybody know stupidity grow in group's! One has hear from really "liable" source that vaccines give you cancer or other bad symptoms and thats it. Aha then need to be bad for me because granmom from next door say so. She hear from her cousin and she know doctor who live in BKK so need to be accurate information!

There is much much more covid here than is being reported, I hear coughing and spluttering everwhere i go. Omicron symptoms in most cases are no worse than a hangover ( i can tell you from experience) symptoms are so mild that a lot of people would just think they have a mild sniffle and nothing more, they wouldnt even bother testing. 

Now im not suggesting that omicron is like this for everyone, I'm just saying that a lot of people wouldn't even know that they have it.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand on Sunday reported 91 new COVID deaths, its lowest daily total and the first time under 100 in the past three weeks, along with another decline in reported official new COVID cases to 11,535.

Thai people not die in weekend's!

• Sad 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, Mickc said:

There is much much more covid here than is being reported, I hear coughing and spluttering everwhere i go. Omicron symptoms in most cases are no worse than a hangover ( i can tell you from experience) symptoms are so mild that a lot of people would just think they have a mild sniffle and nothing more, they wouldnt even bother testing. 

Now im not suggesting that omicron is like this for everyone, I'm just saying that a lot of people wouldn't even know that they have it.

Yeah its everywhere. One of my team got it 2 weeks ago. I tested positive on Thursday morning along with another member of my team and just got an email this evening that a fourth member now tested positive. 

I also know lots of friends and friends of friends that have/had it. The numbers are a massive underestimation of the real situation. 

I also think the tests are rubbish. I had to change brands to eventually get a positive test after 3 negative results. I was 100% positive I had it due to the symptoms but kept getting negative results until I deliberately changed brands.

For me, it's felt like a solid flu (not particularly mild) and a very sore throat and nasty cough. Not terrible, but not at all pleasant either.

Sounds like you had it a bit worse than i did. Yes, almost everyone in my wife village has had it and almost all of her friends. As for the ATK, we tested as a strong positive straight away, the test line coming up before the lateral flow even making to the control line but, I also swab our throat and nose. Not just the nose, I've been told that the ATK test doesnt pick up omicron as easily unless there is a heavy viral load if you only swab the nose.

COVID-19 - May 2: Thailand reports 9,331 new coronavirus cases, 21,168 recoveries, 84 deaths

COV2.jpg

file photo

Thailand on Monday (May 2) reported 9,331 new COVID-19 cases, 21,168 recoveries and 84 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1258410-covid-19-may-2-thailand-reports-9331-new-coronavirus-cases-21168-recoveries-84-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin