Thai wife pays 500K for Denmark husband's murder - they make it look like an accident but he survives

webfact

32 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

"couldn't return because of the pandemic. "

His own country would not allow entry ?

Many countries either made it impossible to return for a long time, or made it so arduous when they started to open, it was too difficult for many jump through the hoops

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So they could  have returned if they wanted to.

I have no idea about their own person circumstances or the rules concerning their country of domicile.

I made a generalised comment,  not one specific to their country.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

It's easy to toss around platitudes about "if there's no trust, there can't be any love." I don't think anybody "totally" trusts anybody, when you get right down to it. We can debate whether "truly" knowing what's going on in someone else's heart and mind is possible, even in the best of circumstances. Plenty of philosophers have expressed skepticism about this.

My point was that when you throw in language barriers, cultural differences, and the socioeconomic motives for a Thai woman to enter into a relationship with an older foreign man, good luck reading the tea leaves, brother. Even if someone thinks they enjoy a high degree of trust with someone, things often change over time. 

It should also be pointed out that if a foreigner is in a May- December (large age difference) relationship with a Thai woman, as many here are, over time, there's got to be an elevated risk of disaffection and infidelity which can sometimes be a motive for foul play. I would argue this should be considered when evaluating the advisability of taking out life insurance with your wife as the beneficiary.

It should also be pointed out that this is not usual, considering the numbers of successful happy and trusting May-December marriages there are between Thai ladies and farang men. It is only a very small percentage that this happens to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

Long ago a Japanese American friend who was involved in divorce with a Thai woman cautioned everyone in his circle of friends that, in Thailand, always arrange matters so that you are worth more to everyone by being alive than dead, and I've lived by those words.

What a terrible way to live,i pity you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And if her husband would be dead then I guess there would be a high chance that she would have gotten away with murder.

Not necessarily, the circumstances and the investigation that exposed the discrepancies, would have been exactly the same.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The image your painting is exactly what i mean there is no real love then. You perfectly sum up all the problems. So maybe just maybe the foreigner should not have entered in a relation like that.

No communication, different wealth.. and huge age gap. Duhh.. like i said you have to check if there is a real relationship. That is not a relationship of caring.. its a relation based on money.

I mean that is basically why i only date woman what have their own income and speak decent English. I mean how can you be in a relation is communication is a problem.

Anyway i would not really call that a relation.

That's what my ex told me.
She was together with an old german.
She went to visit him in old Germ any.
She was 35 and he 66.
Velly good man, no fighting always talking nice.

I asked her: which language? 
He didn't speak a word english and she not a word german.
They were sitting on his sofa: Google translate from thai/german and vice versa.

Relationship didn't last long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

Long ago a Japanese American friend who was involved in divorce with a Thai woman cautioned everyone in his circle of friends that, in Thailand, always arrange matters so that you are worth more to everyone by being alive than dead, and I've lived by those words.

Are you insured?

500,000?  wow, I thought the going rate was 10 - 50,000.

good thing they weren't smart enough to finish the job.

I'm guessing she'll get the divorce and then the land is hers.  Good times in LOS.  

"intense interrogation."  nice.  can only imagine.

dispute arose immediately after he paid 20 million.   Welcome to LOS.

4 hours ago, hughrection said:

This brings up an interesting point - when she does do time, will she still be entitled to half their fortune when she gets out?

I think she does here in the Land of smiles. ????

probably. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Under intense interrogation Ekkasit broke down and admitted

How many plastic bags for intense interrogation?

Best not let my wife know what I'm worth Dead in case she gets any ideas.

Hope Mr. Larson recovers back to normal.