Thai wife pays 500K for Denmark husband's murder - they make it look like an accident but he survives

webfact

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

Long ago a Japanese American friend who was involved in divorce with a Thai woman cautioned everyone in his circle of friends that, in Thailand, always arrange matters so that you are worth more to everyone by being alive than dead, and I've lived by those words.

Best advice—thanks.  And yes, I’m worth way more alive….

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

I guess this old case will be opened again?

not sure that's possible. if he has been acquitted it would require new, relevant and significant evidence to return to the courtroom. even if he is found guilty this time it provides no evidence in respect of the previous case.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Id say if your with someone who potentially will kill you for money your crazy. I mean if that is what you are worried about you should study the relation that you have. If you don't even trust your wife not to kill you for money then something is totally wrong in your relation.

I woudl say that there is no real relation then just a woman that needs your money and the guy seems to know it because why fear it otherwise.

I would say the  most basic thing you can do in a real relation is making sure your wife gets your money or some other money after your dead. It rarely happens that someone kills you for money and if that is what your worried about examine your relationship. 

Basically you are of course right. But relationships weather and change over time. Not always for the better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

1) Insurance amount often dwarfs hard assets.

2) in this case, there were a lot of hard assets, but the woman wanted the cash from the insurance. like dangling a piece of steak in front of a doberman.

Well OK there is no reason necessarily to have such a large cash payout like winning the lottery. And some life insurance policies even in Thailand have non-natural death clauses so the payout is not always automatic.

On the plus side the beneficiary of a life insurance policy in Thailand does not go through probate court.

BTW just a guess but from the OP the inconsistencies mentioned were when the driver from Lampang was asked "So what were you doing in Nakhon Sawan?"

Edited by jerrymahoney

6 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

I hear you buddy and very true.

I was married for 10 years to a Thai lady, took her to England, we (I thought) were very happy, did everything together.  Took care of her and her family in Thailand but when I was at work she was doing the dirty on me.

Could be just my bad experience but I am sure I am not the first person that has happened to.
Not much of an age difference between us maybe 10 years which is not unusual in England either.

All over that now anyways I think she has moved on to a different country now - good luck to that guy!
Apologies for my cynicism ????

Oh that happened with me too with my first ever Thai girl. After that i just made a better selection. Never had a problem since. Even divorced and kept the house (you know the thing that according to people never happens in Thailand).

There are plenty of good girls just take your time (hard to do when on a holiday though) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

to have her 63 year old Danish husband murdered in Thailand for 500,000 baht.

My gosh, pesky inflation is making the cost of living dying unbearable, lol. I got involved in a long conversation with some guys many years ago on the subject of having someone 'offed', and the range of options as far as I can recall was to have a Thai yoof do it for 20K Baht, an Indian hitman for 70K Baht, or you could get the chaps in tight brown suits to do it and make sure there was no comeback for 250K Baht. No, I didn't avail myself of any of these options, I was kind of peripheral to the chat, mostly being nosy, I didn't want to do away with anyone at the time and I still don't, but it was one of those topics that you just have to listen to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The other night, I was in a Thai bar. Sitting near me was a Thai lady who recently married an older German man, she initially moved to Germany, but came back to Thailand for visa purposes. She was very happy with her new husband, who was back in Germany waiting for her to come back.

But, I suspect she was happier with her young Thai boyfriend sitting next to her in the bar.

Make me think of all this elderly falang child molesters who walking around in Pattaya and Patong holding kids hands. We see and think what we want, but also aware  it sometimes can be true what we see and think. 

A wife of Belgian comes to the local bar every payday with Thai husband and family having a ball wasting a Teachers month salary every time. 

Still cant cure stupid even told they are being screwed, som or maybe most will deny it. 

If you are making a will, have a life insurance, that is something you do not make public, simple as that, but still even it hapens, it not many who is this bad, even family members, and if, most would be aware they have ended up in bad company. 

She wanted a divorce right? 

• Like 1

I know the 2 ladies. The Thai lady worked very hard in Denmark for many years,  gave birth to 2 children and saved money to buy a house in Thailand; her own house for later when they would retire.  The woman took care of her mother in law for many, many years. She did not get a lot of support from her husband.The Danish man started to frequent Thailand for business but also started to have a girl friend over there, sending her big amounts of money.  Husband and wife went to Thailand to retire. They also had a house in Denmark, which he sold, but did not share that money with his wife. His wife wanted a divorce because of his affair, but he refused,  also told her he had no more money left and wanted half of her house and land in Thailand (for which she had saved many years). He got a visa to stay her for several years. The wife went to court to ask for divorce, but the judge said that a divorce could not be possible. The ladies wondered what might have been the reason for this refusal.  The wife left her house, for which she had worked many years, now occupied by her husband. She had to rent a room in another city.

The other Thai woman felt responsible for her friend, because she introduced her to this man. I met the man several years ago, sorry to say he was not my kind of type to be friends with.

First hear the whole story before you come up with accusations. Based on what I heard, I can understand what happened.  Cheating is a universal thing. Not only linked to Thai. And I think that the man made a big mistake, based on what I have heard during several years.

I wish everybody in this case strength. And believe me: I still like these ladies very much. I pity them. And hope that the man will recover.

Edited by toho
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Another reason to avoid insurance in Thailand.

Why even get married in the first place, If you don't you may live a lot longer. I hear those Japanese sex dolls really know how to take care of a man and they won't try and kill you.

Edited by vandeventer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not necessarily, the circumstances and the investigation that exposed the discrepancies, would have been exactly the same.

There is a big difference between an investigation with discrepancies depending on the survival of the target.

I am sure the guy who was going to be murdered will now do all he can to make sure the crime will be exposed.

But if he would be dead then the story would be different. Maybe the police would talk to the accused murderer. And maybe she would convince the police that she would never do such things. After all, TiT.

• Like 1