Anyone else seen Russians in Pattaya displaying the 'Z' symbol?

csaba81

On 5/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, Gottfrid said:

Let´s just face it, and calm down a notch. Z is just another letter. Like A, T, H........and so on.

Not when it is painted on the side or front of every tank and truck invading Ukraine.

BLM is just letters too, but they certainly get the white supremacists stirred up.

KKK are only letters? Tell that the blacks that got lynched.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I have a different opinion on this, whether the OP is being truthful or not, its about someone wearing the Z symbol to signify the war in Ukraine. The Z symbol signifies death, torture and mass destruction being carried out right now. As demonstrated in my previous post there are some Ukrainians and Thai's that are willing enough to protest in Bangkok against the ongoing aggression.

The Z symbol used as a message to support Putins war in Ukraine should imo be banned in all decent countries after all its an illegal act and nobody should be promoting war crimes.

I think we have the same opinion on the Z symbol, I just don't understand why it's being discussed at length in the Pattaya sub forum.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Smithson said:

I think we have the same opinion on the Z symbol, I just don't understand why it's being discussed at length in the Pattaya sub forum.

Now your just trolling..............topic heading............

"Anyone else seen Russians in Pattaya displaying the 'Z' symbol?"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Not when it is painted on the side or front of every tank and truck invading Ukraine.

BLM is just letters too, but they certainly get the white supremacists stirred up.

KKK are only letters? Tell that the blacks that got lynched.

If I am not mistaken, it was bad people that done what you are referring to. Not the letters

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're not mistaken. However, you were saying they are just letters. It's when they are used by dictators and groups with an agenda that they are no longer just letters. They become symbols as well.

For you. Not for me.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Strange, it does for everybody else, you are unique in not recognizing what a symbol is, particularly as its being displayed daily right now in just about every media news outlet in the world. Not just this idiot in Pattaya

Clearly not a fan of Carl Jung.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Strange, it does for everybody else, you are unique in not recognizing what a symbol is, particularly as its being displayed daily right now in just about every media news outlet in the world. Not just this idiot in Pattaya

Strange for you, and everybody else, as you seem to think. Still, not for me. ???? 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Clearly not a fan of Carl Jung.

Who´s that? Hitler´s boyfriend?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Your tolerance of the Ku Klux Klan is noted.

Never said that. My tolerance was for 3 k in a row. Just looks like someone missed their spelling lessons.

20 hours ago, Smithson said:

Someone  seems to be concerned we will have Russians stomping about town (Pattaya town), sporting these symbols and the OP even claims to have seen someone doing so. I haven't..... 

If someone makes a few war mongering T-Shirts you can bet Thais will be wearing them in pure ignorance of any meaning. 

Not sure I have seen any Russians about... we got farangs with no shirts and Indians standing in the middle of the road... but mostly Thais from Bangkok enjoying a couple of local holidays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Can't say I've heard many Russians around town since the invasion started. Pretty sure they've long gone 

They are definitely some in Jomtien. No Zs as yet. Contrast to 2014 theft of Crimea where many were sporting Putin worship merch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful around Russians and don't talk politics. They can be volatile and easily upset. That said, most I've spoken to are now living outside of Russian and disagree with the Ukraine and Crimea invasions.

ALSO, the other day I was leaving Big C on Pattaya Klang and two Thai girls were walking into the store. One of them had a HUGE swastika on the front of her shirt. Thais are pretty much ignorant of world history. Their focus is on their pride about Thailand itself. Well, I simply pointed to her swastika shirt and said loudly, "Mai Dee"!  I don't expect I changed anything, but perhaps she may have asked another Thai person why some farang would would point to her shirt and say mai dee. I'm Jewish and find the symbol offensive. Yes, it's a Hindu symbol of some sort. But Thailand and she are Buddhists, not Hindu's. TIT.

• Haha 2

On 5/4/2022 at 1:45 AM, ozimoron said:

What does the Z actually mean? Why did the Russians choose that letter?

Some of the invading Russian soldiers operate under the Western Military District.

”West” is “Zapad” in Russian.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

Who gives a <deleted>? The OP is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.  Even if I saw a Russian with a Z symbol how is that going to effect me?  I could see rightwing nut in a KKK outfit and I'd just laugh and go about my day.  Giving extremist attention is what they want, ignore them and they'll see how sad and pathetic their lives are. Don't feed the trolls.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:51 AM, ehs818 said:

Be careful around Russians and don't talk politics. They can be volatile and easily upset. That said, most I've spoken to are now living outside of Russian and disagree with the Ukraine and Crimea invasions.

ALSO, the other day I was leaving Big C on Pattaya Klang and two Thai girls were walking into the store. One of them had a HUGE swastika on the front of her shirt. Thais are pretty much ignorant of world history. Their focus is on their pride about Thailand itself. Well, I simply pointed to her swastika shirt and said loudly, "Mai Dee"!  I don't expect I changed anything, but perhaps she may have asked another Thai person why some farang would would point to her shirt and say mai dee. I'm Jewish and find the symbol offensive. Yes, it's a Hindu symbol of some sort. But Thailand and she are Buddhists, not Hindu's. TIT.

Russians that tell you they are/were against the annexation of Crimea are almost definitely lying. That was massively popular among Russians. 

Of course the current invasion is something else, and less popular.

I'm sure you could tell if the swastika was a Nazi style one or not. I assume it was a Nazi style one because you reacted to it. I have seen explicit Hitlerian images worn by Thais. I cringe but it's not worth confronting Thais as it's almost always about fashion or they think Hitler is cute.

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, bbko said:

Who gives a <deleted>? The OP is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.  Even if I saw a Russian with a Z symbol how is that going to effect me?  I could see rightwing nut in a KKK outfit and I'd just laugh and go about my day.  Giving extremist attention is what they want, ignore them and they'll see how sad and pathetic their lives are. Don't feed the trolls.

As far as I'm concerned a Russian wearing a Z in Pattaya is telegraphing to me that she supports war crimes and genocide of Ukraine. Pick a side. 

On 5/5/2022 at 6:16 AM, jacko45k said:

Someone  seems to be concerned we will have Russians stomping about town (Pattaya town), sporting these symbols and the OP even claims to have seen someone doing so. I haven't..... 

If someone makes a few war mongering T-Shirts you can bet Thais will be wearing them in pure ignorance of any meaning. 

Not sure I have seen any Russians about... we got farangs with no shirts and Indians standing in the middle of the road... but mostly Thais from Bangkok enjoying a couple of local holidays. 

Well there is this guy, President Putin's flag and blasting Russian nationalist songs from his bike

20220508_164822(1).jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 12:38 AM, bbko said:

First they came for the Communists

And I did not speak out.......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

First they came for the Communists

And I did not speak out.......

Speaking out does what?  Will "speaking out" convince the person wearing whatever extremist, hateful, polarizing display of clothing they are "wrong"?  Highly unlikely, those types are too far gone, let them wallow in their pool of hatred & extremism.

1 minute ago, bbko said:

Speaking out does what?  Will "speaking out" convince the person wearing whatever extremist, hateful, polarizing display of clothing they are "wrong"?  Highly unlikely, those types are too far gone, let them wallow in their pool of hatred & extremism.

I am pretty sure the poem is not aimed at individuals per se.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 1:26 AM, Seppius said:

Well there is this guy, President Putin's flag and blasting Russian nationalist songs from his bike

20220508_164822(1).jpg

That guy has been around for quite a few years, one of that strange small group of people who are desperate to attract attention to themselves.  A slightly toned down motorised version of Glitterman but offering obnoxious noise pollution instead.

• Like 1