Anyone else seen Russians in Pattaya displaying the 'Z' symbol?

csaba81

I think a lot of Thais are sympathetic to Putin. They also follow the NATO did this, provoked that line, which usually means they've taken a side and stick with it. Whereas you could just say you're against imperialism, whoever is pursuing it. I was talking to someone last night (Thai) who doesn't believe that the bombings and destruction are real. Fake news. It's just the mainstream media ya know.  

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not the post I responded to, you asked me why I had not posted on the situation in China. Clear enough for you now?

You got on your high horse and said, "speak for yourself."  I was speaking very much in general, using the term "people."  Not "me" and not "you." 

I stand by my comments that people only take an interest in a war, perhaps even an objection, when it effects themselves directly somehow, otherwise, they change the channel. 

For decades, there's usually several wars going on at any one given time in the world.  PEOPLE have become desensitized to war. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You got on your high horse and said, "speak for yourself."  I was speaking very much in general, using the term "people."  Not "me" and not "you." 

I stand by my comments that people only take an interest in a war, perhaps even an objection, when it effects themselves directly somehow, otherwise, they change the channel. 

For decades, there's usually several wars going on at any one given time in the world.  PEOPLE have become desensitized to war. 

Give up, your post had already been deleted where you asked me directly if i had posted on the Chinese ughar atrocities

7 hours ago, petedk said:

The majority of Thais that I know fully support Russia. They get their news from some Thai channel that resends Russian tv. Anything from CNN or BBC according to them is fake news.

While the BBC, Euronews, CNN and Al jazeera were showing scenes of destroyed Russian tanks and condo building damaged by Russian rockets, Thai Channel 3 news was showing fake news of Ukrainian soldiers surrendering.

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Punks doing that here where they know they will encounter hostiles are obviously doing it only to provoke reactions.

Why?

Did the guy I saw wearing a rainbow flag shirt only do so to provoke a reaction?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

We should cut the guy wearing the z on his shirt a little slack.  Retarded people have never been noted for their fashion sense.

Putin chose the letter Z because he knows full well that those dumb enough to buy into his propaganda are not intelligent enough to spell or remember a catch phrase.

4 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

We should cut the guy wearing the z on his shirt a little slack.  Retarded people have never been noted for their fashion sense.

Putin chose the letter Z because he knows full well that those dumb enough to buy into his propaganda are not intelligent enough to spell or remember a catch phrase.

It's basically Putin's swastika. Putin is a fascist so he was missing that before. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's basically Putin's swastika. Putin is a fascist so he was missing that before. 

Russians Z sign is very different to a Nazi Swastika .

Its about time the world moved on from labelling people as Nazis , I seem to have spent a large part of the last ten years or so talking about whether various people are Nazis , 

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not saying Putin is a Nazi. If he was a Nazi he could just use a swastika.

I am saying he's a fascist and now he has invaded Ukraine (again). It's useful propaganda for his Russian fascist movement to have a symbol and that symbol is the Z. 

You know what disturbs me most about all of this.  It is that other leaders from the West are still meeting with Putin.  How surreal is that.  Do they really think they can have a sane, rational and productive discussion with someone who has invaded a neighboring country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

You know what disturbs me most about all of this.  It is that other leaders from the West are still meeting with Putin.  How surreal is that.  Do they really think they can have a sane, rational and productive discussion with someone who has invaded a neighboring country.

Who has met with him lately? The leader of Austria, yes. I guess Macron might still be talking to him. 

It's not just invading, it's the leveling cities, massive war crimes, and clearly stated genocidal intentions. Indeed, how do you negotiate with that.

Face it, to Putin, offering negotiations is a sign of weakness. 

• Like 1