Anyone else seen Russians in Pattaya displaying the 'Z' symbol?

csaba81

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Let´s just face it, and calm down a notch. Z is just another letter. Like A, T, H........and so on.

You meant Z=Zealot...Putin is a zealot is he not

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Germany got it right on this occasion.

Germany outlaws use of letter 'Z' in support of war of aggression

The letter "Z" has come to symbolize support for Russia's invasion of Ukraine. German officials will now punish its use in contexts related to President Vladimir Putin

Germans know their <deleted> on this type of thing, innit.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The letter "Z" has come to symbolize support for Russia's invasion of Ukraine. German officials will now punish its use in contexts related to President Vladimir Putin

All very well, but they still support Putin by  daily massive payments for Russian oil and gas..... almost looks like distraction. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

All very well, but they still support Putin by  daily massive payments for Russian oil and gas..... almost looks like distraction. 

They do and I think they're at least trying to reduce that

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not in this context.

You are just taking it far too serious. Relax, enjoy! Thailand is wonderful. Here you can be sure they will be prepared for war. See all the submarines that are soon to be delivered with Skoda engines. You are safe here. ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Hence my "on this occasion" They were late to the game supplying military equipment but are finally starting to do that, the oil and gas thing is complicated a little off topic but as mentioned above they are working on it, pity they relied so much on it before, bad previous decisions.

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ukraine takes up a huge chunk of former USSR territory and Ukraine becoming aligned with NATO would mean that Russia would lose Ukraine as an allie .

NATO would only help Ukraine if Ukraine joins NATO and Ukraine has been becoming aligned with NATO and may eventually join NATO , which would take huge chunk of former USSR territory and would become a security threat to Russia . 

That is what the war is about

The war is about theft, in the Putin tradition. The Donbas sits on huge reserves of gas, is Ukraine's industrial heartland, and also has the black soil ( chernozem ) which supports most of Ukraine's food production.

The war echoes the Nazi desire for "lebensraum" to the east.

It also helps Putin's strongman image among Russians, although that would be looking pretty tattered now if Russians had a free press. I'm just wondering how the body bags are being hidden.

Putin has repeatedly stated he wants to go back to the USSR.  Putin lost Ukraine as an ally when his puppet oligarch, Poroshenko, got booted out in a popular uprising.

NATO is a defensive organisation, of course Putin does not see it that way.

• Like 1

Off topic posts and replies have been removed, stay on topic.

Anyone else seen Russians in Pattaya displaying the 'Z' symbol?

9 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The only saving grace is that like most autocrats, putin is a coward. His 30 foot tables are a perfect indicator of his cowardice.

I got one of these for me and my wife using the shortends like mr P.
Works wonders for our marriage. Worth every satang

9 hours ago, Walker88 said:

More and more folks are suggesting putin must be eliminated. I would think there have been back channel messages to those in the russian hierarchy who are viewed as sober and rational, suggesting they take out putin before the world ends.

That´s hard. He is an experienced guy. He let no one get near his underwear.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 2:38 PM, spidermike007 said:

Z for Zelensky! Even if it meant something crazy, or support for King Vlad, who could take a Russian fascist seriously anyway?

If Zelenskyy did hijack the 'Z' and make it "Z for Zelenskyy" and thus Ukraine's freedom fight, it would devalue Putin's puppet army's chosen trademark immensely. Just make sure it's not white, just to avoid confusion on the battlefield.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ooooh, lookit the Germans. Banning the letter Z but still buying Putin's gas. Sending some Kevlar would send more of a message.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, they are NOW. But you have to agree that this "banning Z in certain contexts" isn't much of a blow for the free world. Going through the motions of working within a coalition framework, I guess some party was accommodated by this otherwise worthless edict. Box checked. Next.

Hey, who said it was, its a symbolic gesture and a welcome one in my view. A symbol that stands for death, torture and destruction and the reason for this topic

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If Zelenskyy did hijack the 'Z' and make it "Z for Zelenskyy" and thus Ukraine's freedom fight, it would devalue Putin's puppet army's chosen trademark immensely. Just make sure it's not white, just to avoid confusion on the battlefield.

Very bad taste.

He's their elected leader not their dictator like Putin is.

Ukrainian nationalism yes.

Personality cults no.

13 minutes ago, Smithson said:

This thread no longer has relevance to Pattaya or Thailand anymore and it seems posts disagreeing with the OP are no allowed. Why is the post still running?

Perhaps this fella with a Z in Pattaya should have this group of Ukrainians in Bangkok face him? There you go, rained the topic back in for you.

Anguish, anger as Ukrainians in Bangkok protest Russian invasion of  homeland (Photos) | Coconuts

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps this fella with a Z in Pattaya should have this group of Ukrainians in Bangkok face him? There you go, rained the topic back in for you.

Anguish, anger as Ukrainians in Bangkok protest Russian invasion of  homeland (Photos) | Coconuts

But does 'this fella' actually exist? We have six pages but Zero evidence? I have not seen any Russian with the symbol or any showing of support for Putin/the invasion. I like the way all everyone gets along in Thailand and hope this doesn't change. Hopefully Russians and other nationalities will not get carried away with nationalism here.