Unsure from which country I will be coming from: can I get 2 Thailand pass for the same entry date?

I have a flight from the United States to Thailand via Singapore. Since I have 12 hours in Singapore, I'll try to leave the airport and meet my friends there. But I'm not fully yet whether I'll be allowed to leave the airport in Singapore.

Can I apply for two Thailand pass? On the first one I would state that I come from the united states and on the second one I would say that I come from Singapore. Or will the second Thailand pass make the first one invalid?

You can only have one Thailand Pass.

I think you should reconsider your intent to visit your friend. I am sure it will make many things more complicated for you.

You may need corvid 19 tests and etc. you would not need when transiting.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You may need corvid 19 tests

Indeed I may be need it for Singapore, but no pb I can do. There's a bit more paperwork for Singapore in case of entry but I don't mind, nothing scares me anymore after the Thai STV.

Edited by user70

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only have one Thailand Pas

Do you know if the Thai immigration check whether I entered in the country where I was supposed to transit? Eg if the Thai Pass says come from the USA but instead I entered Singapore on my way from the USA to Thailand, will that cause some issues at the Thai immigration?

Or conversely, if my Thai Pass says come from the USA but after boarding my plane in the USA I submit a change to the Thai pass so that the departure is Singapore (the change will be likely be approved before I arrive to Thailand) but for whatever reason I can't enter Singapore, will that cause some issues?

Edited by user70

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only have one Thailand Pass.

I think you should reconsider your intent to visit your friend. I am sure it will make many things more complicated for you.

You may need corvid 19 tests and etc. you would not need when transiting.

I’m not sure if this is So.

I’ve had more than one Thailand pass at the same time (applied for with different e-mail addresses) - Same passport, same arrival date.

I think the Op should have no issues applying for one Thailand Pass with the UK as his point of origin and another with Singapore as his point of Origin - it makes perfect sense to cover his bases just incase a ‘box checker’ doesn’t like what they see upon check-in at Singapore. 

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve had more than one Thailand pass at the same time (applied for with different e-mail addresses) - Same passport, same arrival date.

I would never suggest trying to have 2 valid Thailand Passes. It would not be hard for them to cross reference by name or passport number.

I don't get this thread at all. If your flight ticket is transit through Singapore your departure country is USA and you cannot go into Singapore  If you are somehow allowed into Singapore will they check you back in as you've broken your flight rules (transit flight and mult-city flight tickets are different costs)

• Like 1

thai pass has a drop down box for other countries you have visited (i think past 28 days) as i always transit via qatar i always put that in the drop down menu (3 times since last november), would this not be the same for you, put singapore as first destination with the us in the drop down for other countries visited in the last 28 days , as long as both countries are aligned with entry requirements whats the issue.......

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I would never suggest trying to have 2 valid Thailand Passes. It would not be hard for them to cross reference by name or passport number.

I've actually done it a few times.

At the very beginning (Nov) when we were not getting any response and were trying different ‘tricks’ in the application process - Both my Wife and I ended up with 3 Thailand Passes each !... 

A few months later, I changed my Test & Go hotel...  Applied for a 2nd Thai Pass just in case... 

No issues (I have two valid passes).

I can’t see any situation whereby having two passes is going to present an issue and entry into Thailand would be rejected. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I don't get this thread at all. If your flight ticket is transit through Singapore your departure country is USA and you cannot go into Singapore  If you are somehow allowed into Singapore will they check you back in as you've broken your flight rules (transit flight and mult-city flight tickets are different costs)

Not always...  especially IF the op is sending his baggage straight through to Bangkok. 

All he has to do is ‘exit the airport’ with his hand luggage.

He  re-enters the airport later on / next day for his next flight and goes through immigration with his existing (SIN-BKK) boarding pass.

The only outstanding issue is IF the airline will issue him a ticket with a layover like this. 

This is not an un-common way to do a lay over, we do this in the UAE. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, funky moped said:

thai pass has a drop down box for other countries you have visited (i think past 28 days) as i always transit via qatar i always put that in the drop down menu (3 times since last november), would this not be the same for you, put singapore as first destination with the us in the drop down for other countries visited in the last 28 days , as long as both countries are aligned with entry requirements whats the issue.......

When not leaving the airport I don’t list the ‘transit’ country (fro the drop down). 

However, this is a good solution for the Op... Just listing Singapore as his transit country deals with the issue. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

The only outstanding issue is IF the airline will issue him a ticket with a layover like this. 

That was my point. His flight is already bought so is it a transit flight or is it a multi-city layover flight.

If it's a transit flight, he shouldn't be allowed to leave the airport?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

That was my point. His flight is already bought so is it a transit flight or is it a multi-city layover flight.

There are no ‘hard and fast rules’... In Singapore and many other countries, if he meets the Visa requirements (and Covid entry requirements) he can do a ‘city trip’.....  there is nothing stopping him especially if his onward boarding pass is already issued. 

IF his onward boarding pass is not issued in the US he can get this at a transit desk in SG airport before he exits out through immigration.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

That is incorrect - many people deliberately book a long transit (up to 24 hours is a transit, more than that is a stopover) to have a day out in a new city while travelling to their destination.

Pre-Covid Qatar Airways even had their own program with a city tour set up to cater for these travellers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just listing Singapore as his transit country deals with the issue

No because there's no such transit field, and if I enter Singapore it's not a transit anymore anyway.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would the Thai immigration care if I have more than one valid Thai pass? (Honest question, to understand that viewpoint)

30 minutes ago, user70 said:

Why would the Thai immigration care if I have more than one valid Thai pass? (Honest question, to understand that viewpoint)

Immigration probably would not care since the have nothing to do the issuance of a Thailand Pass.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues them and could cancel one (or both) of the 2 if they found that you had 2 of them.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues them and could cancel one (or both) of the 2 if they found that you had 2 of them.

Thanks, do you know how I could find out whether one of my Thailand pass got canceled?

22 hours ago, user70 said:

Thanks, do you know how I could find out whether one of my Thailand pass got canceled?

They don’t get cancelled.... You can check this by looking up the QR code which is simply a link to approved information. 

I can still check on all of my previous Thailand Passes - the information is still all there.

Thus: All the Thailand Pass really is, is a link to a site which lists information which has ‘theoretically’ been checked and approved - those checks / approvals don’t become cancelled out because the same information is checked again with another application. 

Theoretically, you could now arrive in Thailand for a meeting, fly out the same evening, and then fly back again a week later - 2x Thailand Passes would required for that, one wouldn’t cancel out the other if you applied for them a few weeks in advance. 

I am wondering if the reason my 2nd thailand pass hasn't been approved then is because it is an additional one.

I've had one to arrive at BKK issued but the one to get back into Thailand from Laos by land over the bridge is still under review.........then again could be any number of reasons and a few of you seem to have had multiple passes issued with no problems.

Getting annoying now as I can't confirm much of the trip if I don't know if I can get back in.....

2 hours ago, smartecosse said:

I am wondering if the reason my 2nd thailand pass hasn't been approved then is because it is an additional one

I've just received my second Thai pass (flying from Singapore, in case I enter it) Took 7 hours. I haven't tried land entry, perhaps that's why?

Edited by user70

On 5/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, aussiexpat said:

In Singapore he would normally be allowed to leave, at least pre-covid he would be.  I've done it a couple of times there when I had a 18+ hour layover.  They even used to advertise city tours at the airport for people with long layovers.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 12:20 AM, smartecosse said:

I am wondering if the reason my 2nd thailand pass hasn't been approved then is because it is an additional one.

I've had one to arrive at BKK issued but the one to get back into Thailand from Laos by land over the bridge is still under review.........then again could be any number of reasons and a few of you seem to have had multiple passes issued with no problems.

Getting annoying now as I can't confirm much of the trip if I don't know if I can get back in.....

Since it is for a different entry, on a different date, this will not be the reason

As has been mentioned in other threads, land entry Thailand Passes seem to currently take an unusually long time to process

But I though you said yours now came through?