Treadmill Motor Overheating

4MyEgo

On the off chance, does anyone know where I can buy some motor brushes for my treadmill as they are below half way down and after 12 minutes it's starting to give out that burning smell and the motor is hot enough to fry an egg on.

What Make is the motor not the tread mill but the 'motor' bigger brushes can be filed or  sanded down to fit, plenty of roadside electric motor repairers around who can do this, I've seen them even rewire the stator on the footpath.

• Thanks 1

Lazada and AliExpress sell carbon motor brushes in all sizes, you need to measure them carefully. Dirt cheap, 10 for the price of one..... if you can find it retail.

• Thanks 1

Motor brushes can be bought from Amorn, I'm not sure of locations in Isaan but they have a shop basement level TukCom. 

Wearing brushes shouldn't cause a burning smell. 

Not being rude but what is your weight, us foreigners tend to be on the heavy side. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Motor brushes can be bought from Amorn, I'm not sure of locations in Isaan but they have a shop basement level TukCom. 

Wearing brushes shouldn't cause a burning smell. 

Not being rude but what is your weight, us foreigners tend to be on the heavy side. 

I'm 87kg so not overweight for a 186cm guy.

I think your right about the brushes, the motor was replaced almost 5 years ago and when I looked at the brushes this morning, they are not really that worn as they still fit in their respective slots without any loss in size, albeit it they are a little grooved if you know what I mean.

Think will go back to the manufacturer as it could well be the motor, because it shouldn't be that hot after 12 minutes, no doubt he will be ducking and weaving as their sales rep doesn't work here anymore and they are in Bangkok.

I even lubricated under the belt after giving it a clean, no wear or tear, and the only real thing I have replaced on the treadmill is the motor belt, and the board and motor 5 years ago which were under warranty, but we still had to pay something towards it, I think it was 4,000 baht, delivery and for the rep to replace it, the board only had a 2 year warranty so that was at our cost, I think it was 2,500 baht, plus the delivery from Bangkok and labour.

Edited by 4MyEgo

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

I'm 87kg so not overweight for a 186cm guy.

I think your right about the brushes, the motor was replaced almost 5 years ago and when I looked at the brushes this morning, they are not really that worn as they still fit in their respective slots without any loss in size, albeit it they are a little grooved if you know what I mean.

Think will go back to the manufacturer as it could well be the motor, because it shouldn't be that hot, no doubt he will be ducking and weaving as their sales rep doesn't work here anymore and they are in Bangkok.

I even lubricated under the belt after giving it a clean, no wear or tear, and the only real thing I have replaced on the treadmill is the motor belt, and the board and motor 5 years ago.

I had a similar issue, they took it apart and a gecko go in there some how and damaged (electrocuted himself and fried)a circuit board. They replaced the board and all was good again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I had a similar issue, they took it apart and a gecko go in there some how and damaged (electrocuted himself and fried)a circuit board. They replaced the board and all was good again.

Yeh, not this time, it just died, probably from one of those famous blackout we have every now and again, who knows.

We did have to replace an air con circuit board due to a gecko getting fried, hate the bastards with a passion, cost me 2,500 baht and they $hit everywhere......lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1