Chang Beer Now 4.8%

drmal

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its against forum rules to crop peoples posts and thus give the post a different meaning . 

Are you for real? It´s you posting that I talk to much about beer! Just read the ffff***ing headline and you realize why! Read my post in other threads, and you see that I do not talk about beer where it is not the subject, with exception of a joke here and then.

After that, I did not cut you post to make a different meaning. The reason for cutting is that you still post I go on about beer??? Read the HEADLINE, and you find out why. ???? It means exactly same like all other you post. All are excuses for drinking alcohol for the purpose of getting drunk, as a teenager would do some of the years. Seems like you never came out of it. That´s ok, though. We are al different and develop form and to different stages in life and different quick.

However, I see that you have problem with everyone that doesn´t like your posting or agree with it. Maybe we just have to accept you are right and everyone else is wrong. After all, it´s Mac Mickmanus world of beer, right?

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Stalking is against forum rules as well 

If it were stalking it would be. As I see it, it´s just another poster that does not agree with you and trying to make other people realize why. If you pet a tiger or not, I can´t care less about. However, don´t teach it to drunk to get drunk. That falls under animal cruelty.

For the last time, I will explain that I focus on beer in this thread because the Thread is about that. After that, you have been trying to tell me that it´s ok to drink with the purpose of getting drunk. I have explain what´s wrong with that, in my opinion. Your opinion differs from mine. I have seen that we do not get anywhere by continuing the conversation, and told you that we should end it at, I think 2 times.

What I do know, though. Is that numerous reports, science and most people with common sense does not condone drinking for the sole purpose of getting drunk a good choice. That is only something which is designated to all the poor guys that came to Thailand and found out that they could not make a good life. In other words, something to run to, hide behind, just to get a good feeling now and then.

As for me, I can do that without alcohol in my body. A fact that also leads to the possibility to engage in social drinking with both foreign and Thai friends.

Last, do not accuse me of changing the meaning of your posts, as I did not do that. Now, let´s say like this. Leave it, or I will report you for stalking. ???? 

Edited by Gottfrid

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Are you for real? It´s you posting that I talk to much about beer! Just read the ffff***ing headline and you realize why! Read my post in other threads, and you see that I do not talk about beer where it is not the subject, with exception of a joke here and then.

After that, I did not cut you post to make a different meaning. The reason for cutting is that you still post I go on about beer??? Read the HEADLINE, and you find out why. ???? It means exactly same like all other you post. All are excuses for drinking alcohol for the purpose of getting drunk, as a teenager would do some of the years. Seems like you never came out of it. That´s ok, though. We are al different and develop form and to different stages in life and different quick.

However, I see that you have problem with everyone that doesn´t like your posting or agree with it. Maybe we just have to accept you are right and everyone else is wrong. After all, it´s Mac Mickmanus world of beer, right?

If it were stalking it would be. As I see it, it´s just another poster that does not agree with you and trying to make other people realize why. If you pet a tiger or not, I can´t care less about. However, don´t teach it to drunk to get drunk. That falls under animal cruelty.

For the last time, I will explain that I focus on beer in this thread because the Thread is about that. After that, you have been trying to tell me that it´s ok to drink with the purpose of getting drunk. I have explain what´s wrong with that, in my opinion. Your opinion differs from mine. I have seen that we do not get anywhere by continuing the conversation, and told you that we should end it at, I think 2 times.

What I do know, though. Is that numerous reports, science and most people with common sense does not condone drinking for the sole purpose of getting drunk a good choice. That is only something which is designated to all the poor guys that came to Thailand and found out that they could not make a good life. In other words, something to run to, hide behind, just to get a good feeling now and then.

As for me, I can do that without alcohol in my body. A fact that also leads to the possibility to engage in social drinking with both foreign and Thai friends.

Last, do not accuse me of changing the meaning of your posts, as I did not do that. Now, let´s say like this. Leave it, or I will report you for stalking. ???? 

You editing my post did actually change the meaning of what I meant ,

But anyway , I don't want to squabble about it , just maybe in future you shouldn't edit other peoples posts .

Also replying to peoples posts isnt regarded as "stalking" , whilst following posters around the forumis.............................Jeeeezzz cannot be bothered ,  ..........................Monday morning , time for a beer 

• Sad 1

On 5/8/2022 at 3:46 PM, spidermike007 said:

It barely matters. The quality is so low. Thai beer is only rivaled by Serbian beer, and the mass produced American beers (...)

Don't forget Chinese beer. You could almost call it terrible, if it wasn't for the fact that it basically just tastes like (muddy) water.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Don't forget Chinese beer.

Tsingtao is OK. Better than what passes for American beer.

Apologies to anyone who actually likes Budweiser (the American one)

Edited by VocalNeal

12 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Tsingtao is OK. Better than what passes for American beer.

Apologies to anyone who actually likes Budweiser (the American one)

You should never feel the need to apologize for junk quality, nor for those who enjoy and choose to partake of junk. We all have choices in this rather short life. Why consume and support the lower end of consumables, if we don't have to? Budweiser is to American beer, what Chang is to Thai beer. Singha is not far behind. Thai beer manufacturers obviously take little pride in what they create. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

You should never feel the need to apologize for junk quality, nor for those who enjoy and choose to partake of junk. We all have choices in this rather short life. Why consume and support the lower end of consumables, if we don't have to? Budweiser is to American beer, what Chang is to Thai beer. Singha is not far behind. Thai beer manufacturers obviously take little pride in what they create. 

Bud is way better than Chang.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2022 at 1:40 AM, IAMHERE said:

Why?  Very simple....it's Taxed on amount of alcohol, less alcohol less tax per bottle, price per bottle is less.  Nothing more.

And the brewery pockets the difference. 

Reduced alcohol content but no reduction in price to the consumer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Closing statement:

This is not about an alcoholic discussing about the loss of alcohol.

Chang has been my favourite Thai beer, since it's the first Thai beer (back when the bottle was amber with the green label) I had with a ผัดไทย (pad thai) that was excellent in a local restaurant in Rangnam Road.

I am generally a constant person, who dislikes unnecessary changes. If it ain't broke, why fix it???

It's sad that some commentators here dismissed this as a simple percentage chaser.

I still enjoy my Hoegaarden at 4.9%. Because it has been consistent with what they give us.

Consistency is important.

The reduction of percentage of ABV didn't reflect in the cost per bottle of Chang anyway. If ThaiBev wanted to reduce the cost they incurred from their ABV, I believe they should pass on their benefits to their loyal customers.

Edited by drmal

On 5/7/2022 at 4:27 AM, Jerno said:

Why?  Very simple....it's more profitable for the brewery.  Nothing more.

The reasons for the lower alcohol level  probably raises the cost of the beer brewing  as they have to be sure what the level is .

Before the Thai  beverage company never had to be too precise . 

On 5/8/2022 at 6:46 PM, spidermike007 said:

It barely matters. The quality is so low. Thai beer is only rivaled by Serbian beer, and the mass produced American beers, in terms of the very low quality. Poor grade of hops, barley, and the production process seems to be entirely lacking in pride. Typical of the big monopolies. Even a large production beer, like Beer Laos blows away any Thai beer, hands down. Thailand desperately needs a vital craft beer movement, and the youth are ready to mount it. If only the dinosaurs would stop protecting their "bankers" and move out of the way. In other words, allow some progress, you mindless simpletons! 

I tried Duvel last week, now Thai beer tastes like fizzy fish tank water..   ????

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 6:16 AM, drmal said:

It was already tasting watered down even at 5%, but now it's even lower.

Here in the free world we have great beers like these Stouts 14 & 9 % ABV ????

IMG_20220516_173708.jpg

IMG_20220514_172405930.jpg

• Like 2